Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
AndyM
Bill Crothers

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby AndyM » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:18 am

rockstar79 wrote:I ran 18.2 km today. That is all.

:dance:

Good job! Are you running a 1/2 sometime soon?

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Proud mom when Isaiah said a pretty long sentence/statement. Not proud when it was, and I quote, " Mommy has hair on face. Beard like Daddy. Yuckkkyyyyy!!!" Then, and I am not kidding, there were tears from him!!!! I think I scared my own child. Perhaps I will find acceptance if I run away and join the circus????
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Lightning wrote:Proud mom when Isaiah said a pretty long sentence/statement. Not proud when it was, and I quote, " Mommy has hair on face. Beard like Daddy. Yuckkkyyyyy!!!" Then, and I am not kidding, there were tears from him!!!! I think I scared my own child. Perhaps I will find acceptance if I run away and join the circus????

Hahaha! Too funny!

My very reluctant walker took her first three steps the other day...in the middle of a temper tantrum! She was so angry I wouldn't let her play underneath the car in the driveway, I don't even think she realized she was walking!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Lightning wrote:Proud mom when Isaiah said a pretty long sentence/statement. Not proud when it was, and I quote, " Mommy has hair on face. Beard like Daddy. Yuckkkyyyyy!!!" Then, and I am not kidding, there were tears from him!!!! I think I scared my own child. Perhaps I will find acceptance if I run away and join the circus????

Hahaha! Too funny!

My very reluctant walker took her first three steps the other day...in the middle of a temper tantrum! She was so angry I wouldn't let her play underneath the car in the driveway, I don't even think she realized she was walking!

Yay Charlotte!!

(watch out Jess, it's the end of life as you know it :D)
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

jes wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

Hahaha! Too funny!

Yay Charlotte!!

(watch out Jess, it's the end of life as you know it :D)

I don't know how different it will be...that kid is already a sprint crawler. You should see her acceleration!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:22 am

Yay little C! And er, Isaiah for putting together such an eloquent sentence :wink: I was away from my girlie for the weekend and when I got home she squeeled "Mommy! I'm just, just, just...I'm just so happy to see you!". Melts my heart.

How's all the running and other stuff going for everyone? I've been keeping up with a "run when I feel like it" schedule which also includes some classes at the gym/yoga and some volleyball.

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

Hi HRMs! I've missed you!

Too funny about Isaiah's statement, C! The things that come out of these little mouths...so funny!

N is a high-needs baby who doesn't nap unless I am holding her and takes hours to settle at night, sooooo...not much running going on here. Dh is busy dealing with the bedtime-fighting, middle-of-the-night-tantrum-throwing toddler, so he can't offer me much relief. N is almost ready for me to run with her in the stroller, though. As much as I dislike stroller running, I might have to do it to keep my sanity. All things considered, I think I am doing well. When I do run, I can run 5k with no walk breaks. I walk daily and babywearing is my cross-training :P

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 pm

AndyM wrote:
How's all the running and other stuff going for everyone? I've been keeping up with a "run when I feel like it" schedule which also includes some classes at the gym/yoga and some volleyball.

I am on the run when you feel like it schedule too and have been doing quite a bit of hot yoga which I have fallen in love with!

On a sad baby note, my brother took my BOB off my hands last week. We hadn't used it in a year, guess that means my little guy is pretty big and I just started back to school shopping for him for JK! :shock:

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 pm

AndyM wrote:Yay little C! And er, Isaiah for putting together such an eloquent sentence :wink: I was away from my girlie for the weekend and when I got home she squeeled "Mommy! I'm just, just, just...I'm just so happy to see you!". Melts my heart.

Oh sure! Yours says something SO sweet, while mine laments the existence of my beard. Anners, it does sound like you are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up. Tori, nooooooo...please tell me he still likes to "pet your hair?" How is it JK for O. already?????

I am training for Scotiabank Marathon in October. It is going fine, but I really do nothing else (yoga, gym, sports, have fun, etc.)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Lightning wrote:
Oh sure! Yours says something SO sweet, while mine laments the existence of my beard. Anners, it does sound like you are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up. Tori, nooooooo...please tell me he still likes to "pet your hair?" How is it JK for O. already?????

He still pets my hair! :lol:

On the hairy mom story you shared, Owen is obsessed with the No No commercial. Everytime it comes on now, he says we need to buy one because mom has hairy arms and dad has a hairy chest! :? He actually said he needs one now because he is getting tiny arm hairs. :lol:

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I am training for a few fall halfs, which hopefully carry over to a spring full. My plan is to sign up for a May full to keep me from getting pregnant again as soon as I go back to work. Haha, we'll see how well that goes...

Miss C has decided the world is just so interesting that the only time she will take a bottle is if she is exhausted or if we are walking. We go for a lot of walks now. I am also spinning / boot camping / yogaing a few days a week. Mix that with a baby who crawls at a sprint, and I am definitely tired by the end of the day!

Last long run before the august half today... 20.4 km! I. Am. Le. Tired.
Next?
:)

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:40 am

I am just catching up on all the awesomeness that is all of you and your kids! So many cute and amazing things to comment on, I am not even going to try because I will forget something.

For me, not much running, but lots of running around after the kids, and we all start 2 weeks of swimming today (2 kids swimming at the same time, yikes!). I am due in January with #3 (a fact I found out 3 days after I defended my thesis, while hungover no less, go me!). I am actually having troubles gaining weight this pregnancy (at 17 weeks and up only 3 pounds total after losing a bunch at the start and eating like mad to get back up to start weight) so not looking to add anything right now that may burn calories. But, I feel awesome and am excited (and terrified) about #3! I got a lecturing job in the fall so will be busy right up to before baby comes.

Anyway, I miss you gals and try to stay up on this thread from time to time!
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:18 am

pts wrote:I am just catching up on all the awesomeness that is all of you and your kids! So many cute and amazing things to comment on, I am not even going to try because I will forget something.

For me, not much running, but lots of running around after the kids, and we all start 2 weeks of swimming today (2 kids swimming at the same time, yikes!). I am due in January with #3 (a fact I found out 3 days after I defended my thesis, while hungover no less, go me!). I am actually having troubles gaining weight this pregnancy (at 17 weeks and up only 3 pounds total after losing a bunch at the start and eating like mad to get back up to start weight) so not looking to add anything right now that may burn calories. But, I feel awesome and am excited (and terrified) about #3! I got a lecturing job in the fall so will be busy right up to before baby comes.

Congrats Erin!!! You are gonna be one busy momma with 3 in 4 years! That was my mom with me and my siblings. A very busy and fun house. :D

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am

Wow, congrats pts! You are going to be one busy momma!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 am

pts wrote:I am just catching up on all the awesomeness that is all of you and your kids! So many cute and amazing things to comment on, I am not even going to try because I will forget something.

whoa! exciting news!!! congrats! (and congrats on the job too - awesome!)
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 am

Congrats! Very exciting news!
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby Jwolf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 am

Erin! Congratulations! So exciting. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 am

Congratulations, Erin! How exciting! :)

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:18 am

Congratulations to you! I now know 2 of you due in January! And congratulation on the job too.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm

IronColl wrote:

Congratulations to you! I now know 2 of you due in January! And congratulation on the job too.

2 of you? Does that mean 2 HRMs due in January? Am I missing news?
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:32 pm

It's not me!!

Congrats Erin!! That's fantastic news! (You're one brave lady!!)
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
IronColl wrote:

2 of you? Does that mean 2 HRMs due in January? Am I missing news?

My friend Simone is due then. You may know here. She was part of the Ottawa tri club.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Erin, you are amazing! Congrats on everything!

-Ron Burgandy

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Just what we needed to get us all chatting again...preggo news!

congrats pts!

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Hurray pts!! I'm so excited for you (and a little scared for you too :).

I think that my boys are officially not babies anymore :( I just packed up the crib today and moved it to the basement after months of it not being used. We are also done having babies so I gave away all of my maternity clothes. Big steps for me!! And Timmy starts JK in just a few short weeks. I may not make it through all of these transitions!!

No running news to report from me. I'm not running right now - I was given the red light by my doctor as apparently I'm anemic and need to get my iron levels back up again before doing any strenuous exercise. So walking it is for now. I just assumed that I was tired because I have two small children and never sleep :think: :eh:

Return to “The Scenic Route”