Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby purdy65 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:37 pm

See what happens when I check this thread periodically! Smiles and Scrummy are both expecting! :)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Engmomma
Abby Hoffman

Postby Engmomma » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Miss*Smiles wrote:I'm excited to join this group :D Al and I are expecting, and Baby*Smiles will be arriving around April 2nd.

I love that I got the ultrasound pic last night while I was in a huge room of people. No one heard me gasp and giggle in excitement.
The Summer of Eng is over.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:01 am

Yay!! Congrats Denise!!

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 am

Awwww... that would've been the big long u/s right? Are you finding out the gender? We didn't and were really glad we didn't (it was lots of fun having everyone guess!) but everyone thought we were NUTS and I can definitely see the other side as well! If you can get an u/s towards the end, it's really cool- you can see way more. We got this adorable pic at 38 weeks that was a clear close up of N's face, and we would both just pull out our phones and gaze at it randomly. :lol:
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 am

QuickChick wrote:Awwww... that would've been the big long u/s right? Are you finding out the gender? We didn't and were really glad we didn't (it was lots of fun having everyone guess!) but everyone thought we were NUTS and I can definitely see the other side as well! If you can get an u/s towards the end, it's really cool- you can see way more. We got this adorable pic at 38 weeks that was a clear close up of N's face, and we would both just pull out our phones and gaze at it randomly. :lol:

We went in for our 12-week dating u/s & discovered we were at 20 weeks! Ninja baby kept hidden for some time...! That's why I ran an (essentially) untrained half marathon at 12 weeks pregnant. It wasn't until the week after I took a test and got the positive result :ymblushing:

We won't find out gender until baby arrives :D Most people who have seen me with my bump insist it's a boy. I'm just hoping for healthy and happy :D We likely won't get another u/s, but that's ok!

Eng - your reaction is among my favourites! "Shut the full cup" text message response :lol:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 am

OMG that's crazy!! So you didn't have any major first TM symptoms or anything? Your clothes still fit? I only started to like being pg at about 20 weeks because I finally looked pregnant instead of like I was just getting a gut! LOL. My pants stopped fitting at about 12 weeks. Yay for finding out the gender on arrival- I was SURE I was having a girl and was super surprised (thrilled, but surprised) when he came out a boy! I only got another u/s because I was randomly measuring small at 38 weeks. He had some ninja capabilities too I guess!!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:44 am

QuickChick wrote:OMG that's crazy!! So you didn't have any major first TM symptoms or anything? Your clothes still fit? I only started to like being pg at about 20 weeks because I finally looked pregnant instead of like I was just getting a gut! LOL. My pants stopped fitting at about 12 weeks. Yay for finding out the gender on arrival- I was SURE I was having a girl and was super surprised (thrilled, but surprised) when he came out a boy! I only got another u/s because I was randomly measuring small at 38 weeks. He had some ninja capabilities too I guess!!

No sickness, but I don't know about anything else. We relocated, got a puppy, got married, I got a job, hated that job, got let go from that job, got a new job, did home renovations on our new home, adjusted to our new city... I was exhausted but I thought that was normal :lol:

Our u/s was on a Tuesday (I was wearing my "TOM" clothes still - you know, the ones that fit when you are bloated but too big the rest of the month). By Friday of the u/s week, I couldn't fit into my 'normal' clothes (thank goodness I had ONE pair of mat pants!). Now I look like I have a soccer ball under my shirt. :D

Yes, it sounds like N is a ninja too :lol: Our EDD is April 2nd.. I keep telling Al knowing our luck we'll have twins on April 1st :roll: :lol:

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 am

I didn't find out the sex with "A" either. I was convinced she was a boy so was just blown away to give birth to a beautiful little girl.

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:58 am

I didn't know Morgan's gender, and that was not for lack of trying. I burst into happy tears when they announced "she's here". It was also good since we could not agree on a boy name and went to the hospital without one!

I'm so excited for more babies :)

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Congrats Denise and Jesse! Omg, I'm so out of the loop!
I delivered a baby girl on November 24th, Alina, so my mind is totally gone right now.
Carm

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:07 pm

carm wrote:Congrats Denise and Jesse! Omg, I'm so out of the loop!
I delivered a baby girl on November 24th, Alina, so my mind is totally gone right now.

Congratulations to you, too!! Beautiful name :)

I think soon we are going to need picture updates from everyone. I am sure some of these maniac babies are getting big! And I love all baby pictures :)

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm

carm wrote:Congrats Denise and Jesse! Omg, I'm so out of the loop!

Oh you get used to that...my mind has been gone since spring of 2010 :lol:

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Congrats Carm!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Congratulations Carm!!! Awww, a teeny little new baby!! I'm already missing that!!!
Here is a pic of Nathaniel from the other day in his festive onesie... :) Image
And this is from this morning !Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:01 pm

LOVE the pictures!!!

I've just got one of baby*smiles 'hanging out' :lol:

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:45 pm

QuickChick wrote:Congratulations Carm!!! Awww, a teeny little new baby!! I'm already missing that!!!
Here is a pic of Nathaniel from the other day in his festive onesie... :) Image
And this is from this morning !Image

Nice booties! :lol: :D

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Yup he wears them most days! He peed on them again yesterday though so they're drying. :lol: I suppose I should not be lazy and actually take them off to change him, but he pees like one time in twenty!

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Drying from being in the laundry, btw, not from the pee. :lol:

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Awwww smiles!! So cute!!! He/she looks way less alien than N did on his 20 week u/s!!! Are you feeling kicks yet?

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:27 pm

yay pics!

Anyone want to show off their santa and baby or child pics?
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm loving the pics including the ones in utero. I'm mobile right but will post one soon. Actually Jes is doing our newborn shots so I can definitely post then! Just a heads up that A is a lot older than most babies during their photo shoots so there is a strong possibility that she will be screaming her head off in all of them. Lol.

PS: I can't wait to get back to running!
Carm

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:01 am

Awe...love the cutie baby pics! If I knew how to post one of my almost 4yr old beauty I would :oops:

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 am

Someone show her!! A is the most gorgeous little girl!

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:30 am

QuickChick wrote:Awwww smiles!! So cute!!! He/she looks way less alien than N did on his 20 week u/s!!! Are you feeling kicks yet?

Thanks!

I'm feeling kicks. I always seem to jump when I get kicked, it really startles me!

I just read your f/b comment about man-size farts and snores. I laughed out loud :lol:

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:11 am

Miss*Smiles wrote:LOVE the pictures!!!

I've just got one of baby*smiles 'hanging out' :lol:

Congratulations!!!!!!
I was over in the NET....and figured I should come here for official confirmation of your news.
Exciting times in RM Land for so many Maniacs! :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Return to “The Scenic Route”