1 cream of earl grey

2 orange pekoe

3 blueberry jam tea

4 La la lemon

5 English Breakfast

6 Glitter and Gold

7 Santa's Secret

8 Read My Lips.

:D Why is Cream of Earl Grey my favourite? I hate Earl Grey tea! :lol: But it's sooooo good. :lol:

Has anyone tried the Countess of Seville tea?

Yes! I got it from Ms Smiles for my SS gift (among others). It is really nice. I have my coworker hooked on it!

Half-Mary
Jerome Drayton

Re: David's Tea

Postby Half-Mary » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 pm

I tried to stock up on Santa's Secret after work today, but my store was already out of it. I bought a Christmas 3 pack for 40% off, and it has a bit of Santa's Secret in it, gingerbread tea, and sleigh ride.

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:32 pm

i have two tins of santa's secret but i don't seem to be reaching for it as much anymore. i would say it's definitely top 3 for me.

i also like cream of earl grey and david's breakfast. i like the decaf earl grey, too. samantha sent me a sample of la la lemon and i really enjoyed it - would buy that one for sure.

i'm mostly a black tea drinker, but mother's little helper is really nice when i want a calming tea.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:27 am

deerdree wrote:i have two tins of santa's secret but i don't seem to be reaching for it as much anymore. i would say it's definitely top 3 for me.

i also like cream of earl grey and david's breakfast. i like the decaf earl grey, too. samantha sent me a sample of la la lemon and i really enjoyed it - would buy that one for sure.

i'm mostly a black tea drinker, but mother's little helper is really nice when i want a calming tea.

PM me your address and I will send you the unopened decaf earl grey that I have.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 am

Half-Mary wrote:I tried to stock up on Santa's Secret after work today, but my store was already out of it. I bought a Christmas 3 pack for 40% off, and it has a bit of Santa's Secret in it, gingerbread tea, and sleigh ride.

Oh no! Don't tell me that.... I've been slacking off getting a new tin and now I'm paranoid there won't be any secret santa's left when I go!!!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 am

Dr. S wrote:
Half-Mary wrote:I tried to stock up on Santa's Secret after work today, but my store was already out of it. I bought a Christmas 3 pack for 40% off, and it has a bit of Santa's Secret in it, gingerbread tea, and sleigh ride.

Oh no! Don't tell me that.... I've been slacking off getting a new tin and now I'm paranoid there won't be any secret santa's left when I go!!!

Order on line!

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:13 am

deerdree wrote:i have two tins of santa's secret but i don't seem to be reaching for it as much anymore. i would say it's definitely top 3 for me.

What's David's breakfast like? Is it English breakfast-y?

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:17 am

Samantha wrote:

i'm not sure... i'd have to do a side-by-side taste test to describe the differences. might be easier if i just send you a sample!

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:24 am

deerdree wrote:
Samantha wrote:

i'm not sure... i'd have to do a side-by-side taste test to describe the differences. might be easier if i just send you a sample!

So basic black tea tasting then?

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Sipping on Cookie Dough tonight. I forgot how much I like this one. Probably in my top 5. Great desert tea!
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:14 pm

I just got an email about the Sweetheart Collection and it's already sold out online! Boo :(

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 pm

I guess they won't be going on sale after Valentine's Day then. :lol:

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm

gnu wrote:I just got an email about the Sweetheart Collection and it's already sold out online! Boo :(

it's back in stock!

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:22 am

I went to Davids Tea yesterday :shifty: and got the Sweetheart Collection and samples of Earl Grey, Countess of Seville, Earl's Garden, Fantasy Island, Vanilla Orchid, Chocolate Rocket.

I've tried Earl Grey, Earls' Garden, and Vanilla Orchid. Of course all 3 I liked. :lol: I never thought I would have liked Earl Grey because I dislike any kind I've ever tried before.

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:19 pm

Samantha wrote:I went to Davids Tea yesterday :shifty: and got the Sweetheart Collection and samples of Earl Grey, Countess of Seville, Earl's Garden, Fantasy Island, Vanilla Orchid, Chocolate Rocket.

I've tried Earl Grey, Earls' Garden, and Vanilla Orchid. Of course all 3 I liked. :lol: I never thought I would have liked Earl Grey because I dislike any kind I've ever tried before.

I tried Fantasy Island in store the other day, I REALLY liked it!
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:07 pm

CAW wrote:
Samantha wrote:I went to Davids Tea yesterday :shifty: and got the Sweetheart Collection and samples of Earl Grey, Countess of Seville, Earl's Garden, Fantasy Island, Vanilla Orchid, Chocolate Rocket.

I tried Fantasy Island in store the other day, I REALLY liked it!

oh and Salted Caramel. I forgot about that one.

I love that you can get 10 g and it's like $2 or whatever.

They had Spice is Right in the store but I didn't like it. I didn't like the taste of cloves.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:31 pm

I ordered online :oops: more santa's secret and alpine punch. Also bought aloha anana (bamboozled) which I hadn't tried before and quite enjoy it as an after dinner tea. I would like it a little less sweet but it's nice pineapple flavor and got a bag of blueberry jam.

I have more than enough right now... so staying away from the Valentine's collection (unless DH gets me smth for Valentines Day... but if no one hints it to him, it won't happen lol)
Sonia

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:10 pm

I love ordering online! You get 3 free samples!

Ugh I'm seriously addicted. :lol: Pretty soon my Davids Tea stash will match my yarn stash. :shock: :-O! :eh: :oops:

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Ok I tried all my samples (but I haven't opened the Sweetheart Collection yet).

My verdict:

Earl Grey -yum
Countess of Seville - yum
Earls' Garden - yum
Salted Caramel - yum
Vanilla Orchid - yum

Fantasy Island - liked it but wouldn't say yum. I'd buy a small quantity unless I find something I like better :lol:
Chocolate Rocket - liked it but wouldn't say yum. I'd buy a small quantity unless I find something I like better :lol:

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 pm

eme wrote:
Samantha wrote:Has anyone tried the Countess of Seville tea?

Yes! I got it from Ms Smiles for my SS gift (among others). It is really nice. I have my coworker hooked on it!

Oh Glad to hear you like it! :D :dance:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

emsa
Percy Williams

Postby emsa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Randomly came along this forum and I'm excited to share my love of tea with all you lovely people :)

If you're into mint or feeling under the weather, one of my go to favourites is Organic Cold 911. This stuff works miracles when you're congested or have the flu.

It seems as if you're into more of the black teas (making this assumption based off the ones you have tried and like). A good minty black tea is Mint to Be which has a hint of coconut, or if you're looking for something to aid in digestion Saigon Chai is another one of my favourites.

I could go on forever! What types of teas are you mostly interested in? Green? Black? Oolong? I'm also open to trying out new suggestions as well. Anyone come across any good black teas that have similar effects equivalent to a cup of coffee??
"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow"
- Henry David Thoreau

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm

has anyone checked out the spring collection yet? There were a couple that interested me, but I generally find "spring" to be my least favourite collection of the year.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:32 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:has anyone checked out the spring collection yet? There were a couple that interested me, but I generally find "spring" to be my least favourite collection of the year.

I have! I have!

:shifty:

I recently placed an online order and 2 of the samples I got were from the spring collection.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Samantha wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:has anyone checked out the spring collection yet? There were a couple that interested me, but I generally find "spring" to be my least favourite collection of the year.

I have! I have!

:shifty:

I recently placed an online order and 2 of the samples I got were from the spring collection.

I bought the spring collection yesterday :oops:

So far I tried Blue lagoon (great but has a little smth like blueberry jam -less strong), peaches and cream (yum!) and pom tango (awesome too).

I haven't yet tried grape expectation and cool cucumber
Sonia

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks for the review! I want to try Blue Lagoon and the peaches one. Cucumber doesn't appeal to me, and I had Pom Tango last year and found the juice flavour turned me off.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”