Toronto area bra shopping

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Toronto area bra shopping

Postby Joe Dwarf » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi, everybody. I haven't been around much lately but I have a question for the Toronto area women here: where are some good places to get a sports/running bra for a young lady with a very large chest? My daughter says she is a size 32FF these days and is having no luck. She's already tried Lulu.

eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Toronto area bra shopping

Postby eme » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Try MEC. I was able to get Moving Comfort ones in that size range.

My go to brand is Shock Absorber - I used to get them at The Bay, not sure if they still carry them.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 am

Moving comfort is a great brand to try for a small band / large cup. Not sure they come in FF but a bra like the Fiona or Juno would probably work well for her if she can find a good fit. There's an awesome store out of the GTA that is always at the race expos and usually has a number of female staffers who are great at fitting bras. I think it is this store - https://www.therunnersshop.com/ - but probably worth a call.

Another option is that the RR has "bra fitting" nights a couple of times a year with experts who come in from some of the brands.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:26 am

Joe Dwarf wrote:Hi, everybody. I haven't been around much lately but I have a question for the Toronto area women here: where are some good places to get a sports/running bra for a young lady with a very large chest? My daughter says she is a size 32FF these days and is having no luck. She's already tried Lulu.

She might have to order online at that size... I'm not far from her size and find it difficult to buy sports bras. I have one with underwire from Victoria Secret that I love, but I hated the Lulu ones and wasn't impressed by The Bay's bra selections.

This isn't the bra I have, but it's similar. I would suggest she try on a 32DD and 32DDD in the sports bras at VS to see if they fit. I think DDD is equivalent to an F at victoria secret.
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:51 am

Hey Joe, sorry for the late reply. Secrets from Your Sister does fitting and sells sports bras. I would recommend trying there.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:08 am

Thanks for your help, everybody. I have passed all the info on to Emy.

Return to “General Running Discussion”