Steamy Sunday . . .

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

NMG
Bill Crothers

Steamy Sunday . . .

Postby NMG » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:35 pm

10K Army Run for me this morning. I'm not sure what the temps were, but by the time the last third of the race was rolling around, it was quite hot. The first part of the course was pretty well shaded in spots, so it made it easier going at the start. It was enough to give me hope that I could pull out a PB, but it wasn't meant to be.

Looking at my splits I could see a steady increase in my pace from KM 5 on, and by the end of it I missed a PB by about 45 seconds. Still pretty happy with how the race went considering the conditions, and it gave me allot of confidence knowing what I should be capable of in better conditions.

eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Steamy Sunday . . .

Postby eme » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Attended the local Battle of Britain parade for work this morning http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/bat ... event.page

Swim and a run in the treadmill this afternoon.

A reasonably productive day :D

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Negative split my way to a marathon PB today. Passed a lot of people and finished strong. That was fun.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 am

RobW wrote:Negative split my way to a marathon PB today. Passed a lot of people and finished strong. That was fun.

Awesome. :D

You forgot to say you broke 3:20 and broke a PB from 3.5 years ago--by over a minute!! :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

alexk
Bill Crothers

Postby alexk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Jwolf wrote:
RobW wrote:Negative split my way to a marathon PB today. Passed a lot of people and finished strong. That was fun.

You forgot to say you broke 3:20 and broke a PB from 3.5 years ago--by over a minute!! :)

So awesome & inspiring!!! Huge congrats :).
We train more joyfully and productively when we focus on the now, rather than on our future race day performance. It's a long road from here to there with many miles to go. We need to run each one. Accept where you are today and simply be thankful for the work you've accomplished. KA

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:47 pm

alexk wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

You rock!! Way to go ROB!
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
alexk wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Thanks, ladies!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:11 am

RobW wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:
alexk wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Thanks, ladies!

Amazing! Congratulations!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “General Running Discussion”