2012 Harvest Half Marathon - Who's in? (Sept 29)

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

2012 Harvest Half Marathon - Who's in? (Sept 29)

Postby Lazagna » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 am

I am doing this race this year for sure. I am NOT going to sell my bib like I did last year for lack of training. I did not train for my Calgary Half this year, and punished myself by running it anyway. Now, weeks later, my left calf muscle is finally relaxing enough to run without it hurting afterwards.

So, I'm in, and I'm in for the whole journey. Anyone else?
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Re: 2012 Harvest Half Marathon - Who's in? (Sept 29)

Postby turd ferguson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

I'm in. I think I can fit it into my NYC training without too much difficulty.

(though I might reconsider if they don't stop filling my facebook feed with "RACE IS FILLING UP WHO'S IN??" spam
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Lazagna
Bill Crothers

Postby Lazagna » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 am

turd ferguson wrote:(though I might reconsider if they don't stop filling my facebook feed with "RACE IS FILLING UP WHO'S IN??" spam

I hadn't noticed that... but that would get irritating, I know the Calgary Marathon was, and still is, quite prevalent in my facebook feed.
Mike . . . Do what you need to do NOW, so you don't deny yourself a future opportunity.
Upcoming Races:

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am

Lazagna wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:(though I might reconsider if they don't stop filling my facebook feed with "RACE IS FILLING UP WHO'S IN??" spam

I hadn't noticed that... but that would get irritating, I know the Calgary Marathon was, and still is, quite prevalent in my facebook feed.

Its not as bad as the Calgary Marathon. But its still 4 months to race day.

Also - its nice to race somewhere other than downtown pathways - I'll ride my bike to this race! Check out the map, how many Maniacs houses are on this map (or I guess in your case just off the edge)

http://www.harvesthalfmarathon.com/wp-c ... alfMap.pdf
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm thinking about it. I'm doing the QCM Half in Regina 3 weeks before, so I'll have to figure out how they would fit in with NY training. Hmmmm.
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

Dstew
Bill Crothers

Postby Dstew » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm

If everything goes well, too close to Victoria.

It was my first half - after running a full marathon and had a little bit of everything good and bad about running. Cool crisp morning. Very competitive at the start and middle of the race. Near the end, people who you had never seen before were your best friend and encouraging each other. Finished the race in around 1:40 and a minute or two later and guy said that he tagged behind me and broke the 1:45 barrier for the first time every. We were both feeling good and dared to suggest one day 1:30 would be broken when this skinny little geek said interrupted and said that was only for "real runners" and beyond the capabilities of people - larger set people with actual upper body strength could manage. Oh had I wished that little wimp was there when I broke 1:30 so I could have checked him into the nearest boards.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm out - my wife is booking a girls weekend away that weekend.

VDoT
Bruce Kidd

Postby VDoT » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm in - this seemed like a great way to extend my racing season and I have never run this race...

Hope training is going well for everyone!
Dan

Coming up in 2015:

Return to “General Running Discussion”