Red Deer Marathon

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

MichaelMc
Bill Crothers

Red Deer Marathon

Postby MichaelMc » Tue May 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Congratulations Ian on a nice 3rd place overall. Shame you brought that Brendan guy with you: he always costs you one position.

ian
Jerome Drayton

Re: Red Deer Marathon

Postby ian » Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 pm

MichaelMc wrote:Congratulations Ian on a nice 3rd place overall. Shame you brought that Brendan guy with you: he always costs you one position.

Not always; I got him in Phoenix in January, so I'm something like 2 & 24 head-to-head. OK, basically always.

MichaelMc
Bill Crothers

Postby MichaelMc » Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 am

The worst thing about it is he is such a nice guy you can't even resent it.

Might be interesting if/when Brendan and Tom meet up next: two nice guys with blazing distance speed.

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Wed May 21, 2014 8:34 am

MichaelMc wrote:Congratulations Ian on a nice 3rd place overall.

Congratulations.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Tisha
Bill Crothers

Postby Tisha » Wed May 21, 2014 9:54 am

Nicely done, Ian! Congrats!

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Red Deer Marathon

Postby Joe Dwarf » Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 am

Congrats to you and Brendan, Ian. Are either of you coming to Saskatoon on Sunday to give Brian a challenge?

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Wed May 21, 2014 10:11 am

Joe Dwarf wrote:Congrats to you and Brendan, Ian. Are either of you coming to Saskatoon on Sunday to give Brian a challenge?

Will Brian be running this year? He just did Boston and rarely does more than one per season.

Brendan will be staying at home this weekend and will return to action the following week in Calgary. While I'll also be running in Calgary, I don't have two small children to account for, therefore I haven't ruled out a last-minute trip to Saskatoon if my legs feel good during a run tomorrow.

Joe Dwarf
Bill Crothers

Postby Joe Dwarf » Wed May 21, 2014 11:25 am

ian wrote:Will Brian be running this year? He just did Boston and rarely does more than one per season.
Not sure. I knew he ran Boston.
Brendan will be staying at home this weekend and will return to action the following week in Calgary. While I'll also be running in Calgary, I don't have two small children to account for, therefore I haven't ruled out a last-minute trip to Saskatoon if my legs feel good during a run tomorrow.
Hope to see you there, although I'm currently iffy. Tweaked my back somehow and am currently hobbling like an old man. Hopefully it will work itself out by Sunday.

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Thu May 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Joe Dwarf wrote:
ian wrote: I haven't ruled out a last-minute trip to Saskatoon if my legs feel good during a run tomorrow.
Hope to see you there

Not going to happen: while my legs feel "good" for having raced a marathon, there's enough blah in the muscles that I probably wouldn't be able to hit race pace on Sunday. Better to take another week to reload for a solid effort in Calgary.

Return to “General Running Discussion”