GPS Running watch recommendation

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Skyeaussie
Percy Williams

GPS Running watch recommendation

Postby Skyeaussie » Sun May 22, 2016 5:27 am

I am looking to buy a running watch but can't decide what to get. Any suggestions? I am looking around to spend $300 CDN and I would like to be able to control my music with it and map and track my runs. I keep looking at the Garmin vivofit hr. I would also like a wrist hr monitor as I don't think I can wear a chest strap. What watches do you love?

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Re: GPS Running watch recommendation

Postby marymac442 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:30 am

Skyeaussie wrote:I am looking to buy a running watch but can't decide what to get. Any suggestions? I am looking around to spend $300 CDN and I would like to be able to control my music with it and map and track my runs. I keep looking at the Garmin vivofit hr. I would also like a wrist hr monitor as I don't think I can wear a chest strap. What watches do you love?

Vivofit doesn't have GPS, it sounds like you should get the Garmin Forerunner 235 or the vivoactive.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Re: GPS Running watch recommendation

Postby n_fraser » Fri May 27, 2016 2:34 pm

A recommendation of what NOT to get - I bought the Nike watch a few years ago and hated it. There may be newer models now, but at that point if you wanted to change the screen (i.e. having pace and distance versus pace and elapsed time) on your screen, you had to plug it into your computer to do it. Plus there were only two on-screen options, while I prefer three (pace, elapsed time, distance).

Return to “General Running Discussion”