Thursday thread....

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Thursday thread....

Postby Run26.2 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:39 am

An easy pre-dawn 10km this morning......a great way to start the day! 8)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Thu May 11, 2006 5:50 am

Probably too busy to run today. I might be ablr to run before supper tonight.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Thu May 11, 2006 6:05 am

Here is my running dialogue today:

Erin's Body- I am sore and my ankles hurt and you better not make me run.

Erin's Mind- Rain, i love short fast runs in the rain, lets get out there!

Body- If you do, i will make your foot hurt, and your ankles hurt, beware!

Mind- Why are you so grumpy body?

End result- no running, my body is warning me that my foot and ankles may re-injure if i do. I go to the pedorthist today, hope she can adjust my orthodics so that they take a bit of the load off my sore ankles.

Have a great day everyone :D

jgore
Abby Hoffman

Postby jgore » Thu May 11, 2006 6:07 am

Supposed to run at noon today. This may be my last lunch time run for some time as it's getting too warm out for my liking. It'll be back to the summer schedule of early morning runs.

mr.dani
Tom Longboat

Postby mr.dani » Thu May 11, 2006 6:22 am

Another day of taper here :?
Screw it i think at lunch time im gonna hit the treadmill and go for a light run to keep things loose and limber. :D
Last edited by mr.dani on Thu May 11, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Thu May 11, 2006 6:23 am

Under the weather a bit today.... rest day.
Trying hard to be :D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu May 11, 2006 6:24 am

rest day...
with the longer days C-Moss is getting lots of off-leash romps and swims in the creek...so that's on the schedule for today.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

runcherylrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runcherylrun » Thu May 11, 2006 6:40 am

I had a great run last night !! :D

4 x 1200 Intervals, pretty cool - I liked it.

Its 40 minutes easy run for me tonight before another session with Brad the Physiotherapist 8)

Have a good one everybody - run safe
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 am

I did Erin's run in the early morning rain for her. 6.18 km at "easy" pace (6:17/km). The heavens absolutely opened on me in the last klick-and-a-half, but it was a really nice, enjoyable run.

I must be crazy.
BG

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Thu May 11, 2006 6:48 am

Erin - I can hear the conversation and it's very funny!!

Rest day today as the taper continues. Only 3 more sleeps. I liked the training way more than the games that my brain is playing right now. I just keep thinking - "the hay is in the barn" - but what if I didn't put enough hay in the barn? What if it was the wrong kind of hay? What if the hay is rotten? What if someone stole the hay??

It's going to be a long 3 days! I need chocolate - but it's not even 8am yet. Is that too early for chocolate?? :?

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Thu May 11, 2006 6:52 am

griffk wrote:Rest day today as the taper continues. Only 3 more sleeps. I liked the training way more than the games that my brain is playing right now. I just keep thinking - "the hay is in the barn" - but what if I didn't put enough hay in the barn? What if it was the wrong kind of hay? What if the hay is rotten? What if someone stole the hay??

Kristi, that's perfect. Exactly what I'm thinking, too. I'm so excited for you!!!
BG

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Thu May 11, 2006 6:55 am

It's never too early for chocolate, Kristi!!

I had a pretty good track workout last night. Unlike the workout I was foretold, we only did 200/400/600/800/1000/800/600/400/200 (I thought there was going to be a 1200 in there, too).

I don't have my watch with me, but my splits were pretty even. My 200s were around 50-54 seconds, my 400s between 1:55-2:00, my 600s were around 3 minutes, my 800s around 4:07 and my 1000m interval was 5:04, which is kick-a$$ for me! I don't know if I've ever run a kilometer that fast! We had 90 seconds rest in between each interval, which seemed like an eternity after the 200 & 400, but went by far too fast after that.

It's a crappy day weather-wise, so I'm going to do my bike ride on the trainer this evening.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Thu May 11, 2006 6:55 am

looking like another rest day, instead of crosstraining - with this rain. perhaps I'll head out for a walk on my lunch hour wiht the umbrella.
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Thu May 11, 2006 7:03 am

TAPERTING......................................... Thus no run today. I have tennis this afternoon though.

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Thu May 11, 2006 7:03 am

BG wrote:
griffk wrote:Rest day today as the taper continues. Only 3 more sleeps. I liked the training way more than the games that my brain is playing right now. I just keep thinking - "the hay is in the barn" - but what if I didn't put enough hay in the barn? What if it was the wrong kind of hay? What if the hay is rotten? What if someone stole the hay??

Kristi, that's perfect. Exactly what I'm thinking, too. I'm so excited for you!!!

"Excited" is not quite the word that I'm using right now! Terrified is probably a little bit more accurate. Of course, in two weeks, I'll be very excited for you!!

da
Bill Crothers

Postby da » Thu May 11, 2006 7:03 am

I woke up with a weird pain in my lower back. Right side. Fairly low down. As I was getting ready for my run I realized I might not get too far. But while running I was fine (must have been my new team shorts and tank right?) but as soon as I got home – the pain was back. I hobbled around the house and to work. Very odd.

Don't worry Kristi, it's never too early for chocolate! :)

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Thu May 11, 2006 7:04 am

La wrote:It's never too early for chocolate, Kristi!!

I looked. I couldn't find any. :cry: And it's pouring rain so I don't want to walk the 10 minutes to Tim's. I'll have to start checking other people's desks soon....

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu May 11, 2006 7:11 am

griffk wrote:Erin - I can hear the conversation and it's very funny!!

Rest day today as the taper continues. Only 3 more sleeps. I liked the training way more than the games that my brain is playing right now. I just keep thinking - "the hay is in the barn" - but what if I didn't put enough hay in the barn? What if it was the wrong kind of hay? What if the hay is rotten? What if someone stole the hay??

It's going to be a long 3 days! I need chocolate - but it's not even 8am yet. Is that too early for chocolate?? :?

At least you're thinking about the amount of hay and not oats....:D
And chocolate is best for carbo re-loading after the race.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Thu May 11, 2006 7:15 am

And chocolate is best for carbo re-loading after the race.

Oh I am so glad to hear this! Now I have a very good excuse! (so what's my excuse the rest of the time... :? )
Last edited by CeilidhOnTheRun on Thu May 11, 2006 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu May 11, 2006 7:15 am

Day 5 of my hiatus from running :shock: though, I've been doing a lot of stretching and lower body condition .... :P

Back to my early morning visit to the gym for a bit of shoulder and lower body this morning .... If the weather holds out, this afternoon, a nice easy ride will be in the schedule 8) ....

Gonna watch my Survivor Panama Exile Island tonight and probably, the first of 2 episode of CSI, where someone, get this, gets shot from the CSI Team .... :shock: Wonder, who will that be .... from the trailers, my guess it's either Katherine Willows or that other Sarah Chick (?) :roll: and, may be a bit too wary to watch Game 4 of the Sens/Sabres game .... :oops:

Take care and happy Thursday .... andy :) Peace !!!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu May 11, 2006 7:19 am

lol

Don't worry about it! You're going to be fine. Just think about that medal! Forget about everything else! I can't wait to read your report. :)

(and no, it's not too early for chocolate... and the walk might do you good!)

Today I'm resting... only because I'm doing my long run tomorrow before my mom shows up for the weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt 12 miles... I haven't done that distance since my marathon and the last time I tried I had issues... so hopefully tomorrow will be better!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

tritorun
Tom Longboat

Postby tritorun » Thu May 11, 2006 7:21 am

Today was my second day in a row of riding my bike to work and if the weather is not too bad I will be riding home as well. throw in a run at luch time and my day will be full.

I don't like coming into work after a 2 week holiday in the sun :(

Have a great day everyone!

Paul
7 Marathons and counting!
Peterbourough Half 2007 (5:02:38)
Ironman Canada - 2007 (11:29:51)
with the slowest Marathon of my life

Up Next- rest for a while.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Thu May 11, 2006 7:23 am

griffk wrote:
BG wrote:

"Excited" is not quite the word that I'm using right now! Terrified is probably a little bit more accurate. Of course, in two weeks, I'll be very excited for you!!

Come to my place tomorrow night and we'll help calm you down. Either that, or you and BG can comiserate and work yourselves into a frenzy!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Thu May 11, 2006 7:25 am

Rest day for me today. My ankle is very tender today. :cry: So I will be watching that. That may mean no run tomorrow either. We'll see.

Bluenose volunteer meeting tonight. Also going to take back the old 1110's to the RR. I am hoping to get store credit instead of a plain refund, this way, the next things I buy will be almost like free!
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

runcherylrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runcherylrun » Thu May 11, 2006 7:41 am

tritorun wrote: I don't like coming into work after a 2 week holiday in the sun :(

Paul

That first day back is always the tough one !
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller

Return to “General Running Discussion”