Since the upgrade last night

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
La
Kevin Sullivan

Since the upgrade last night

Postby La » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 am

I've noticed two things:

I typically use the "view new posts" option. What was happening before was that even if I'd read everything in a thread, it was still showing up when I clicked "view new posts" just that the little icon on the left indicating new posts wasn't there (that's how I knew there wasn't anything new in the last couple of minutes). Now the actual thread title doesn't even display until there is a new post in it.

The other thing is that as of this morning, I now have 34 PAGES of threads with unread posts. In the past, they would eventually drop off or my browser would re-set or something. Maybe due to closinf the browser, or accessing it from another location.

Both of these things are good, actually. Just different than the way they were before. Today, I am using IE6 (yeah, we are soooooo behind the times at work), whereas at home I use Chrome. I haven't tested how the above two things work in Chrome yet.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Since the upgrade last night

Postby La » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:30 am

Nevermind... I figured out what is different. We now have "View Unread Posts" and "View New Posts." So far today I've been clicking on "Unread." "New" still works as described above.

Is View Unread a new functionality? I don't remember that being there. :think:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:40 am

La wrote:Nevermind... I figured out what is different. We now have "View Unread Posts" and "View New Posts." So far today I've been clicking on "Unread." "New" still works as described above.

Is View Unread a new functionality? I don't remember that being there. :think:

It's new. I was doing the same as you earlier (in chrome) and didn't notice, and wondered why there were so many pages.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Funny - I just did the same thing (hit "unread") - I didn't even notice there were now two things to click, just hit the link without thinking.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”