December 2012

Everything about the training process, including programs, experiences, etc.

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 17817
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: B.C.

December 2012

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

Mileage won't be too much higher than in November. My mantra continues to be slow and steady.
Half training continues and I'm looking for 140K to finish out the year. (eta- projected mileage is now 170K :dance: )

Bring it December :dance:
Last edited by chunkymonkeymelonhed on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

User avatar
erinmcd
Bill Crothers
Posts: 2573
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: Brighton ON

Re: December 2012

Postby erinmcd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am

I think I'll run a bit in December- no pressure, no plan. Just start to build some mileage again so I can hit the ground running in Jan when my next 18 week training plan begins.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

User avatar
orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 7583
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Orleans, ON

Re: December 2012

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Training has officially begun for the 100-miler in May, so December will be around 340 km according to the plan..... :D
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

User avatar
Stampie
Abby Hoffman
Posts: 9005
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: Lotus Land

Re: December 2012

Postby Stampie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Much like CMMH, I will be looking at 140-150K (35K per week) for December; working to maintain a min of 15K on my LSD’s during the weekends. Then come January, look to increase my mileage as my training comes into full swing.
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

User avatar
ratherawkward
Bruce Kidd
Posts: 509
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: December 2012

Postby ratherawkward » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Have to sit down with a calendar and see where I'm at, but I'd be happy with anything over 100km this month, given the realities of the holidays and all.
PR's so far: 5K 27:15, 10K 55:25, 21.1K 2:10:53, 42.2K 5:21:27
Upcoming: Toronto Women's 5k in May, STWM Half in October

User avatar
marymac442
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:13 am
Location: Burnaby, BC

Re: December 2012

Postby marymac442 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 am

I'm on vacation for a week in the middle of December but I will try to stay consistent with running and work in a couple of cross training sessions a week.

I'm in the 100/100 challenge so I will probably have to do some double workouts when I get back from my vacation because I just don't think I will be doing too much while I'm in Hawaii.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: December 2012

Postby Jwolf » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:22 pm

marymac442 wrote:I'm on vacation for a week in the middle of December but I will try to stay consistent with running and work in a couple of cross training sessions a week.

I'm in the 100/100 challenge so I will probably have to do some double workouts when I get back from my vacation because I just don't think I will be doing too much while I'm in Hawaii.


what? Hawaii is awesome for running. :) I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
marymac442
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:13 am
Location: Burnaby, BC

Re: December 2012

Postby marymac442 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Jwolf wrote:
marymac442 wrote:I'm on vacation for a week in the middle of December but I will try to stay consistent with running and work in a couple of cross training sessions a week.

I'm in the 100/100 challenge so I will probably have to do some double workouts when I get back from my vacation because I just don't think I will be doing too much while I'm in Hawaii.


what? Hawaii is awesome for running. :) I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could.


I'm going to be on vacation :wink: If I bother to bring running shoes I might try to get one or two runs in.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: December 2012

Postby Jwolf » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:12 pm

marymac442 wrote:
Jwolf wrote:
marymac442 wrote:I'm on vacation for a week in the middle of December but I will try to stay consistent with running and work in a couple of cross training sessions a week.

I'm in the 100/100 challenge so I will probably have to do some double workouts when I get back from my vacation because I just don't think I will be doing too much while I'm in Hawaii.


what? Hawaii is awesome for running. :) I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could.


I'm going to be on vacation :wink: If I bother to bring running shoes I might try to get one or two runs in.


vacation from work or from running? :)

my idea of a vacation is being able to have more time to run. ;)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
Blair
Percy Williams
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: December 2012

Postby Blair » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

I like running a few more kilometres than some folks... not as many as others. Still, it's hard to get all the distance done some days. Accountability is a good thing. I'm aiming for between 360-400 kms for December. The long race goal isn't fully decided upon just yet but whatever it will be it will require lots of base building.

Blair
run on... and on... and on...

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: December 2012

Postby Jwolf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 am

Blair wrote:I like running a few more kilometres than some folks... not as many as others. Still, it's hard to get all the distance done some days. Accountability is a good thing. I'm aiming for between 360-400 kms for December. The long race goal isn't fully decided upon just yet but whatever it will be it will require lots of base building.

Blair
run on... and on... and on...


Welcome to Runningmania. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: December 2012

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Jwolf wrote:
marymac442 wrote:
Jwolf wrote:
marymac442 wrote:I'm on vacation for a week in the middle of December but I will try to stay consistent with running and work in a couple of cross training sessions a week.

I'm in the 100/100 challenge so I will probably have to do some double workouts when I get back from my vacation because I just don't think I will be doing too much while I'm in Hawaii.


what? Hawaii is awesome for running. :) I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could.


I'm going to be on vacation :wink: If I bother to bring running shoes I might try to get one or two runs in.


vacation from work or from running? :)

my idea of a vacation is being able to have more time to run. ;)

I agree with JW.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/


Return to “Training ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests