Frontenac Trail Marathon Sat Oct 14

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Frontenac Trail Marathon Sat Oct 14

Postby RonPerth » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:37 am

Fat-ass style trail marathon or half.
20 km single track loop around Salmon Lake in Frontenac Prov. Park just north of Kingston. Non-runners would enjoy walking the loop as a nature hike--about 3 1/2 hours. Ultra runners start early and do three loops. Not an official race at all--just a small gathering to run the trail. However I will post times if you leave them with me. Park entry fee and your health and safety are your own responsibility. Otherwise, no cost, no t-shirt, no aid, no whining.
We'll start at 9:00 and make it an out-and-back by going counter clockwise first, change bottles at the parking lot, then returning in the other direction around the lake.
Yes I know this is the weekend of the Vulture Bait. This is for eastern Ontarians who don't want to spend 3 days, $300, and 300 miles of driving just to go for a run in the woods.
Ron

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:06 pm

Ron, this looks like fun! But we have already registered for the Zoo Run that day. I would definitely be interested if you do it again next year though. Is it going to be an annual event?
Jane

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Postby RonPerth » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:29 pm

Annual? Who can know? Hope so. Like your Batawa race, its about not having to go so far to go running.

Ron

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Postby RonPerth » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Rain or shine. If you're thinking of coming from Ottawa, PM me because I think I know someone who needs a ride.

Ron

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Postby RonPerth » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:55 pm

This Saturday, rain or shine. Meet in the Big Salmon Lake parking lot. Time yourself; this is not an official race.

Ron

Albertatraildog
Bruce Kidd

Postby Albertatraildog » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:46 pm

Hey Kingstonians!
I'm coming to Kingston for business next week. Since I'll be in town for the entire week, I'll have time to get some running in. Does anyone have any trail suggestions? Unfortunately, I'll arrive too late in the day for the Frontenac Trail Marathon, but the trail sounds interesting. How far is the Park from Kingston? How do you get to the trailhead? Thanks,
ATD

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”