AudioFlood Waterproof iPod Shuffle

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

AudioFlood Waterproof iPod Shuffle

Postby Jwolf » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:16 pm

My latest toy:

http://www.audioflood.com/

I can't wait to try it out in the pool. It will also be great for those very wet run days.

If anyone is interested, they also gave me a bunch of coupons/coupon codes for $10 off.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Re: AudioFlood Waterproof iPod Shuffle

Postby marymac442 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 pm

It will be interesting to see how it works.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Pls let us know how it works. I would love one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMC 2015

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:19 pm

I will definitely report back. I will plan to get to the pool tomorrow.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Jwolf wrote:I will definitely report back. I will plan to get to the pool tomorrow.

How was it??
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:57 pm

runJrun wrote:
Jwolf wrote:I will definitely report back. I will plan to get to the pool tomorrow.

How was it??

Oops-- forgot to update, because I haven''t really gotten a swim workout in since then. I brought it to the pool to try it out on Saturday (for just a few laps, after I finished my run), but I definitely should have used the ridged earphone covers-- the regular ones didn't block out the water enough. I did use it to run in the rain, though. :)

Tonight I swim with my group-- I will see if I can try it out for a few laps after, or else I will try it on Friday. :)

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:10 pm

So I tried it again on my swim. The ridged ear plugs definitely work better, but some water was still leaking in so I think I have to try a different size. So far so good, but could be better. I'll try again Sunday or Monday. :)

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:53 pm

At the very least it's great they work well for running in the rain.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:48 pm

IronColl wrote:At the very least it's great they work well for running in the rain.

I wouldn't have bought it just for that, but it is true that it would be good for that.

I won't be swimming till tomorrow, and I will bring all the ear plugs and figure out which works best. I have a feeling that none of them will seal properly in my right ear, though.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:53 pm

So I tried it again today and it wasn't any better. :? Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to seal the water out of my ears properly, so the sound just gets really muffled. After a few hundred meters and fiddling with it at the end, I decided it was too much of a distraction and I just gave up.

I am now undecided whether to keep it for running in the rain or try to return it.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Could you get some silicone ear plugs to mold around the earbuds to give a tighter seal? I know that sounds a bit of extra work.

I almost always swim with earplugs because I don't like getting water in my ears. I like the silicone ones the best.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:57 pm

I could try that- thanks for the suggestion.
It came with these ridged earplugs instead of the regular earbuds- the ridged ones are supposed to make a better seal but they don't seem to work for me. I tried all three sizes.

FishHog
Bruce Kidd

Postby FishHog » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:59 pm

I've had one of these for over a year now and love it. Use it multiple times a week. Took a bit to find the plug that works best with my ears, but the ringed ones are best for me. I wet them first and they slip in a little deeper than normal and don't tend to leak on me. I still get that the odd time on a long swim, but its minimal and usually after I bump them or something.

I would recommend once you find the right plug, to add a drop of crazy glue to them to avoid them coming off in your ear. Took me a while to fish mine out with a pair of pliars.
In order to catch a fish, you have to drink like a fish.

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:14 pm

FishHog wrote:I've had one of these for over a year now and love it. Use it multiple times a week. Took a bit to find the plug that works best with my ears, but the ringed ones are best for me. I wet them first and they slip in a little deeper than normal and don't tend to leak on me. I still get that the odd time on a long swim, but its minimal and usually after I bump them or something.

I would recommend once you find the right plug, to add a drop of crazy glue to them to avoid them coming off in your ear. Took me a while to fish mine out with a pair of pliars.

:shock:
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:55 pm

When I pushed them deeper in my ears they really hurt- I felt like I was damaging my eardrum. :?

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Jwolf wrote:When I pushed them deeper in my ears they really hurt- I felt like I was damaging my eardrum. :?

I guess I'll stick with my old school Swimp3 - they are kind of bulky to attach to swim goggle strap but they don't have to go in your ear (and aren't actually supposed to go over your ears) as they 'broadcast' through bone conduction. They work even if your ears are full of water. I have a limited playlist though as only my older tunes that I burned from CD's work on them. I believe the newer models are compatible with itunes.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

Return to “Gearing Up”