Back in the Saddle Again

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Re: Back in the Saddle Again

Postby Hammie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 pm

randomgirl wrote:Thank you for trying to explain it to me - I want to make sure that I get it. So it gets stuck on during the highs and stays there, and builds up only during the highs? Having lows wouldn't impact the amount that builds up? Am I understanding it right? Thank you!

That's it exactly!
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

randomgirl
Bruce Kidd

Postby randomgirl » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:56 am

Thanks Hammie!

:)
RG
"Somedays you just need to do stuff on your someday list. just in case someday doesn't arrive" ~Seuss, as inspired by Spencer

"No matter how slow you run it is still faster than someone sitting on a couch."

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
Mary Pickford

Next up:
No Pressure! Run when I want, cycle when I want, swim when I want ;)

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:57 am

Also, the more detailed you are with your blood sugar log (not just #s but what you were doing, eating, feeling), the better the MD will be able to tailor something to you personally. Some of the glucoscan companies give out the logs for free, and you can get some ideas online.
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

randomgirl
Bruce Kidd

Postby randomgirl » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks TCC! I had to use a special log when I had Gestational Diabetes, because I was on insulin (the clinic wanted the same format for everyone). I remember getting one though when I got my machine... will have to see if I can find it. If not, I bet they'd have one at the pharmacy for me, right? My blood sugar is going to be all out of whack when I get back from Japan - that is the WORST diet for diabetics - no whole grain anything, and everything is covered in sauce that is made with lots of sugar! Wish me luck!

RG
"Somedays you just need to do stuff on your someday list. just in case someday doesn't arrive" ~Seuss, as inspired by Spencer

"No matter how slow you run it is still faster than someone sitting on a couch."

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

Next up:

No Pressure! Run when I want, cycle when I want, swim when I want ;)

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:41 am

randomgirl wrote:Thanks TCC! I had to use a special log when I had Gestational Diabetes, because I was on insulin (the clinic wanted the same format for everyone). I remember getting one though when I got my machine... will have to see if I can find it. If not, I bet they'd have one at the pharmacy for me, right? My blood sugar is going to be all out of whack when I get back from Japan - that is the WORST diet for diabetics - no whole grain anything, and everything is covered in sauce that is made with lots of sugar! Wish me luck!

RG

Good luck!
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

Return to “The Scenic Route”