Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby Irongirl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 pm

jes wrote:
Irongirl wrote:
he's in 18-24 month, with a couple of 12-18 left that is probably too small.

Does that mean Zack will be getting more hand-me-downs? He's in 12-18 now...and mostly in 12mths stuff! :lol:

oh, he can, if you want! I was putting it aside for my cousin, but, I can pass it on to Zack!

I have a box downstairs....
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:01 am

AndyM wrote:Sounds like everyone is doing great! SOrry to hear about the injury stuff Irongirl or sickness anners. Kudos to everyone though for at least trying to keep up fitness while managing kids and other demands.

Starting to settle into a bit of a new routine over here at new job. Scrummy, new place but similar work. Lots to adjust to with meeting new people, going to a new place etc. But overall I really like it and think it will be a great move for me in the long run. I was supposed to check out the gym this week but got derailed with meetings etc. I am really missing having a gym at my fingertips and time to use it. I haven't lifted a single weight, done a lunge or pushup since I left my last job almost a month ago. Managing about 30k-40K a week though. Would love for it to be more but I will take what I can get.

My little girl is doing amazing! She is so much fun and so hilareous. She is talking and talking and learns new words and sayings every day. I am enjoying her so much.

Hey I didn't know you switched jobs! Cool. Hopefully we'll run together some weekend and get caught up.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:56 am

How big are our girls? V is about 24lb (at 21 months) and still wears some 12 month pants :lol: . She is mostly in 18-24m clothes, though.

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Just a quick pop in to say I ran this week!!!! 8 weeks pst partum... I write that down and it seems so soon but it has been almost a year since I last went running!

Missed it soooooo much. Must find a spring 10k!
Next?
:)

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:46 pm

YAY on the run Rockstar! :)

anners wrote:How big are our girls? V is about 24lb (at 21 months) and still wears some 12 month pants :lol: . She is mostly in 18-24m clothes, though.

Ann, I may have some clothing for V you can borrow. M is about 21ish lbs (I am guessing?) but really really long. Is V long or short? I'll put them in with some other stuff for you and send in the new year (or see you in the new year??). I do want them back though for whenever we have baby #3.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:46 pm

YAY on the run Rockstar! :)

anners wrote:How big are our girls? V is about 24lb (at 21 months) and still wears some 12 month pants :lol: . She is mostly in 18-24m clothes, though.

Ann, I may have some clothing for V you can borrow. M is about 21ish lbs (I am guessing?) but really really long. Is V long or short? I'll put them in with some other stuff for you and send in the new year (or see you in the new year??). I do want them back though for whenever we have baby #3.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:18 pm

At 23 months, Alex is just over 30 pounds and super tall. She's pretty much outgrown her 3T clothes, so 4T here we come! I guess this is what happens when 5"10 breeds w. 6"4. :shock: I forsee many awkward jr high dances ahead! I would love to send you all of the 2T stuff she outgrew and hardly wore, but have a staggered queue of 2-3 girl-babies of friends here in Ottawa I'm having to spread things between...

AndyM, glad to hear you're settling in at work and your A is doing well! Isn't toddler-speak just the best? The other day Alex looked at me, smiled sweetly, and said, "Santa has a big belly...just like Mummy!" That kid.

pts - #3??? Do tell! :D

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Amelia isn't super big either. She's probably 25lbs...maaaaybe 26 lbs and wearing mostly 18-24 months. She still regularly fits into sizes down to 12 months though which is handy since she fits in her Xmas pjs and xmas dress from last year size 12 months!

JLA - priceless! Yes, I am loving the toddler speak. I was told this morning "careful mommy, go down stairs, careful". And everything today elicits the response "I like it!" pronounced "I yike it".

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:27 pm

pts - thanks a lot for the offer, but V does have plenty of clothes. I'm addicted to shopping on the old navy website :oops: They always have sales, and it's so much easier than dragging a screaming toddler into the mall...and yes, please tell us more about plans for #3 ;) We should for sure get together in the new year, especially once I am on mat leave!

JLA and AndyM - I'm impressed with the verbal skills! V isn't quite there yet. She is picking up a ton of words now, but only just starting to put 2 words together. She says only-DH-and-I-can-understand versions of "good girl" (to the dog), "thank you," "let's go," etc. She sure babbles up a storm, though. I am sure she is saying other things that we haven't figured out yet :P

ETA - oops, i forgot...big YAY to the run, rockstar!!!!

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Great job rockstar!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Fun to hear about all of the babies! And all of their chatting.

Isaiah talks a lot too-tons of words but, like V, two-word sentences. But his favourite "word" to "say", unfortunately, happens like this...

Jason: What does mommy's bum say, Isaiah?
Isaiah: pfffftttttttttttttttttttt (huge mouth-fart noise)

Sometimes I feel like they are ganging up on me. :D They even got matching shirts for Christmas that daddy ordered the two of them. Isaiah has been a mommy's boy up to this point, but for the past two weeks ADORES his daddy and cries if he has to hear a story, get a bum change, go anywhere with me, etc. rather than daddy. "Mommmy goooo, dadddyyyy cooooome".This week, embarrassingly, it made me cry! (I am over it now though!)
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

We don't have sentences here yet, but I was super proud the other day: John has the book "CAT" and the title page has C A T with a cat beside each letter. John and I were reading the story and he pointed at each cat: "Un! Toooo! Free!" My little guy can count stuff!! :cry:

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

I love hearing everyone's updates!! My kids are awesome :) The little one is still working on one word at a time, but gets more words everyday. Of course, Timmy is quite happy to interpret for him - "Alex wants a cookie. He's sad because he misses Daddy. He wants to come upstairs to play with me." Etc. IT's very funny to see what Timmy thinks that Alex wants.

Lightning - they are ganging up on you. Get used to it :D I think that we are in for a lifetime of thinking that farting is funny. Both of my boys are in a daddy stage right now too.

Re: baby size. Timmy was huge until a year (27lbs at 1) and has hardly grown since. He is still wearing a lot of 24m pants.

Great work on running Rockstar!!

I've been running a few times a week, but nothing significant. Thinking about maybe the Mississauga 10k...maybe the half...

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 am

Farting...ha...if someone in the house farts, V will point to them and say "poo-poo!" So, now we're getting called on it and can't blame it on someone else ;)

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:02 am

Two nights in a row of sleeping through the night. :shock: Of course, it didn't happen on its own, we worked for it.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:17 am

IronColl wrote:Two nights in a row of sleeping through the night. :shock: Of course, it didn't happen on its own, we worked for it.

Hooray for sleep! I must confess, I am dreading the constant wake-ups once kiddo 2.0 arrives...It was a looooooong haul before A was a consistently good sleeper.

Oh, and since posting re. how well running's been going, I've caught a wicked cold and haven't run since. Of course! :roll:

So ladies, today I could use some HRM happy labour vibes for my best friend, who was diagnosed w. preeclampsia last week and being induced today (@almost 37 weeks). Apparently it could take a while for things to get, um, rolling, but I'm really hoping all goes smoothly and safely for she and her little girl.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 am

JLA wrote:
IronColl wrote:So ladies, today I could use some HRM happy labour vibes for my best friend, who was diagnosed w. preeclampsia last week and being induced today (@almost 37 weeks). Apparently it could take a while for things to get, um, rolling, but I'm really hoping all goes smoothly and safely for she and her little girl.

Hoping she has a really easy day. I was induced at 38 weeks with really high BP (luckily not preeclampsia) but spent from 35 weeks on back and forth at the hospital while they decided when to induce. They just needed to break my water and I was ready to roll (didn't need pitocin at all) and was done in 8 hours. So fingers crossed the same thing happens for her.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 am

Tori wrote:Hoping she has a really easy day. I was induced at 38 weeks with really high BP (luckily not preeclampsia) but spent from 35 weeks on back and forth at the hospital while they decided when to induce. They just needed to break my water and I was ready to roll (didn't need pitocin at all) and was done in 8 hours. So fingers crossed the same thing happens for her.

Thanks, Tori...that's so good to know! They told her it would likely be at least a few days (!!! Induction began last night; she was told Weds or Thurs would be the likely b-day...) But I haven't heard anything this am, so I'm REALLY hoping it goes the same as it did for you...

Ugh, though, 3 weeks back and forth to the hospital? Poor you. Must have been v. stressful.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 am

JLA wrote:
So ladies, today I could use some HRM happy labour vibes for my best friend, who was diagnosed w. preeclampsia last week and being induced today (@almost 37 weeks). Apparently it could take a while for things to get, um, rolling, but I'm really hoping all goes smoothly and safely for she and her little girl.

Vibes for your best friend! I know she's had a long road to get here, and I'm excited for her!!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:00 am

vibes being sent!

Tee hee - has anyone watched the videos on the Canadpost website? Santa is reading some of the letters that he received.

It's really cute!

Congrats on STTN, IC! We are having some wake-up issues with IronToddler!! Argh! We had Dex STTN, but, I've caved and i'm feeding him once again one boob/night. It works for me for now.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 am

I had to go back and forth to the hospital for pretty much all of September when I was pregnant with John due to high blood pressure. I was so happy when it stayed low with Damon

Sleep issues here. Damon was fine (fed at 1 and 6) but John was up from 130 until about 4? 5? crying and not wanting to sleep. We have no idea why. Then Damon had the screamies from 6-7, and John was up for the day at 730.

I was going to go get Santa pictures done today, but I am not up to it on that little sleep.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:27 am

Oh, FP and IG, no fun on the no-sleepies! FP, you are one brave lady for contemplating Santa.

Well, the vibes were received...little Amelia was delivered by emergency c-section this am. 5 pounds, 4 oz, mom and baby both doing well. Yay!

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 am

Congrats to your friend, JLA! Hope that mom and baby continue to do well.

Sympathies to those with sleep issues. I don't know what is up with V, but it's taken 1.5-2 hours to get her down the past couple of days. She STTN last night, but most nights she gets up at least once. DH always goes in and falls asleep on her bed with her, so I don't even notice :shifty:

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 am

Congrats to your friend JLA!

FP stay home. No amount of coffee is going to make that trip fun. I'd be thinking of myself and how I would look in that Santa picture because from the sounds of it, there is going to be the 3 of you.

IG, I was doing the same thing, and then just decided enough was enough. He's been getting up for the first time between 6 and 7 which works for me. I was green with envy at those moms with babes younger than Justin who have had STTN. Our longest stretch was 6 hours and that didn't happen all that often. At least I am not repeating what I did with Jake. He was well over 18 months before we figured out we could cut the night feeds.

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 pm

I am staying home! The only way I would go to the mall today would be if I could wear a sandwich board:

"Please excuse me if I seem crabby. I have been under a lot of stress, and my kids didn't sleep. I apologize in advance for any lack of courtesy, I am doing my best."

But that is kind of long, I don't think anyone would read it.

Return to “The Scenic Route”