C25K Progression

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
abhainn
Abby Hoffman

C25K Progression

Postby abhainn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 pm

It was not pretty. I decided to go back a few weeks in the schedule to 10:1s. Didn't even manage 1 interval and then cut the entire thing in half. Instead of 6km only did 3 and a bit. But... It's a place to start. Hopefully Wednesday will be better.
Andrea Michelle

------------------------------------------------

"There are no fish in my pond"

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Re: C25K Progression

Postby Avis » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:17 pm

abhainn wrote:It was not pretty. I decided to go back a few weeks in the schedule to 10:1s. Didn't even manage 1 interval and then cut the entire thing in half. Instead of 6km only did 3 and a bit. But... It's a place to start. Hopefully Wednesday will be better.

The (re)starting is the hardest part! Keep at it; it's normal to feel rusty after several days off.
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

Postby abhainn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Marginally better today. Managed 6k in under 45min which is freakin' stellar for me. Still more walking than I would like, especially on the uphills (and if you know Victoria, it's pretty much all uphill), but I do what I can.
Andrea Michelle

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

Postby abhainn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Alright now! I am getting up tomorrow morning to add a 4th day of running. I am!! I swear.

Yeah, okay. There is the slightest chance that I'll be too comfy in my bed under the duvet with a cat purring in my face to get up. :roll: :lol: But I'm gonna give it the old University try. :D!
Andrea Michelle

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:08 am

Well.... did you go? :D
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

Postby abhainn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Yup :D Crazy stupid slow, but it's done.

Now it will really only a success this week if I can get up tomorrow morning and do a regular run.
Andrea Michelle

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Excellent work!!
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 pm

How's it going?
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

C25K Progression

Postby abhainn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Until I can figure out my GI issues, it's not going anywhere :roll: My stupid body won't "go" on demand before and then I get out there and have to go after a km which means I'm walking back to the car. Sigh.
Andrea Michelle

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:02 am

abhainn wrote:Until I can figure out my GI issues, it's not going anywhere :roll: My stupid body won't "go" on demand before and then I get out there and have to go after a km which means I'm walking back to the car. Sigh.

This happens to me when I run early in the morning.

Plan a route that allows for a washroom stop, or run a bit from home and come back. It doesn't matter if the route is broken up; if you do 10 minutes, stop, and then finish the rest it still counts. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

Postby abhainn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Jwolf wrote:
abhainn wrote:Until I can figure out my GI issues, it's not going anywhere :roll: My stupid body won't "go" on demand before and then I get out there and have to go after a km which means I'm walking back to the car. Sigh.

This happens to me when I run early in the morning.

Plan a route that allows for a washroom stop, or run a bit from home and come back. It doesn't matter if the route is broken up; if you do 10 minutes, stop, and then finish the rest it still counts. :)

Oddly, this is the thing I struggle with the most. I don't mind (actually prefer) getting up at 4am to go for a run but to get up, get dressed, run out my door, turn back to go the bathroom and then go out again... That's pushing it. Also, the area I run in, I drive to. It's not far and it's along the ocean. There are hardly ever any people out except other crazy running people and we're like ships that pass in the night. I'm a cushy cruise ship while they are mostly streamlined racing vessels :wink: Unfortunately it's all residential with not a 7-11 (or like minded establishment open at crazy stupid early in the morning) to be seen for miles and miles. I don't know if there actually is anything anywhere in Oak Bay. And while my apartment is in a very nice area, there are hills in every direction and some major road ways so I don't particularly like to run there.

I managed to get through Wednesday without issue. Was it the 2 glasses of prune juice I had the night before? Not likely since that stuff doesn't affect me in the slightest. Or, was it getting up at 3:30 instead of 4am, giving my body a chance to work itself out. This most likely which sucks because I don't like getting up at 3:30. 4am is okay though. Figure that one out if you can, because really at that hour, what's the difference? :roll:
Andrea Michelle

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:35 pm

You should come run out where I live. There are no stores around here just lots of trees and bushes. Guess where i go about 15 min into my early runs. I am always "packing" toilet paper.
IMC 2015

Return to “The Scenic Route”