Well, I'm back again

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
killerbeetle
Bruce Kidd

Well, I'm back again

Postby killerbeetle » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:20 am

I am very happy to say that after... 3 years (?) Off from running, I am back at it again. The last two times I quit running it was because of multiple bouts with bronchitis, so I'm going to make a pact with myself right now that if I do get it, I won't let it stop me from running!

Anyway, I went out today with the intentions of starting a run/walk program. And I forgot to walk :P I didn't go very far, but a few km's is a good start. I'm glad to finally be back at it. I'll write it here so I make it happen - I'm finally going to run my first half marathon. I'm not sure when, but it is most certainly going to happen, and soon.
2013 Plans:

Get off butt.

eme
Lynn Williams

Re: Well, I'm back again

Postby eme » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:52 am

I remember you!

Welcome back :D

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:18 am

Welcome back!
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Midge
Jerome Drayton

Postby Midge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Never give up:grin:
Welcome back

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
;) early and ;) often - it pays off in the long run

"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 pm

eme wrote:I remember you!

I remember you too :D :D

Once a Maniac...always one!
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Midge
Jerome Drayton

Re: Re: Well, I'm back again

Postby Midge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
eme wrote:I remember you!

I remember you too :D :D

Once a Maniac...always one!

True dat:-)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
;) early and ;) often - it pays off in the long run

"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 pm

glad you found your way back!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

killerbeetle
Bruce Kidd

Postby killerbeetle » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Thanks everybody! I'm glad to be off my lazy butt again. I missed this board - I'm glad some of you remember me! I remember the both of you too :)

Oh - I relocated too. I'm now living in the recently underwater city of Calgary. Maybe I'll get to meet some fellow maniacs one day :)
2013 Plans:

Get off butt.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:43 pm

killerbeetle wrote:Thanks everybody! I'm glad to be off my lazy butt again. I missed this board - I'm glad some of you remember me! I remember the both of you too :)

Oh - I relocated too. I'm now living in the recently underwater city of Calgary. Maybe I'll get to meet some fellow maniacs one day :)

Well, then welcome back again. Back in Ramsay?
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 am

welcome back!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

killerbeetle
Bruce Kidd

Postby killerbeetle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 pm

turd ferguson wrote:
killerbeetle wrote:Thanks everybody! I'm glad to be off my lazy butt again. I missed this board - I'm glad some of you remember me! I remember the both of you too :)

wow, great memory! I'm in the deep south east now. Down near the new hospital and soon to be ring road. What I like to call Babyville. (Soooo many kids around here. We have two now so we fit right in)
2013 Plans:

Get off butt.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:36 pm

killerbeetle wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:

wow, great memory! I'm in the deep south east now. Down near the new hospital and soon to be ring road. What I like to call Babyville. (Soooo many kids around here. We have two now so we fit right in)

If your kids are kindergarten age, they probably go to school with my kids (Sibbald).

killerbeetle
Bruce Kidd

Postby killerbeetle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:55 pm

turd ferguson wrote:
killerbeetle wrote:
turd ferguson wrote:

If your kids are kindergarten age, they probably go to school with my kids (Sibbald).

We chose to put my oldest in catholic school. I wasn't keen on doing the drive to the public school on deerfoot everyday with a baby in tow, and I can't imagine my oldest boy on a bus yet. But you're right, they would've been in school together. In fact if your kids play Timbits soccer, they probably play in the same league.
2013 Plans:

Get off butt.

Return to “The Scenic Route”