Diana Nyad finishes her epic Cuba to Florida swim

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Diana Nyad finishes her epic Cuba to Florida swim

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:41 am

drghfx wrote:I don't think Diana Nyad swam from Cuba to Florida because it had sharks and box jellyfish. She swam it because of the challenge to her. The sharks and jellyfish were a byproduct that I'm sure she would have loved to not have had to deal with. RE: protective gear: I wear a helmet when I bike to protect myself. I wear running shoes when I run to protect my feet. Geez I even use body glide to protect my nipples! That doesn't have an impact on my accomplishment or puts me as a risk-taker. I'm sure for every person who thinks back and says "I wish I hadn't done that when I was younger" there is someone saying "I wish I had done that when I was younger." Of course there are some people who do extremely risky things, things that I would call stupid, but I think that is who they are. It's not my call to tell other people how to live their life.

+an entire case of beer to you :D :D :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:28 am

Jo-Jo wrote:
drghfx wrote:I don't think Diana Nyad swam from Cuba to Florida because it had sharks and box jellyfish. She swam it because of the challenge to her. The sharks and jellyfish were a byproduct that I'm sure she would have loved to not have had to deal with. RE: protective gear: I wear a helmet when I bike to protect myself. I wear running shoes when I run to protect my feet. Geez I even use body glide to protect my nipples! That doesn't have an impact on my accomplishment or puts me as a risk-taker. I'm sure for every person who thinks back and says "I wish I hadn't done that when I was younger" there is someone saying "I wish I had done that when I was younger." Of course there are some people who do extremely risky things, things that I would call stupid, but I think that is who they are. It's not my call to tell other people how to live their life.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am

drghfx wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 am

drghfx wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

Wear a helmet if you're going to drink it all at once!
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:17 am

Doonst wrote:
drghfx wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

and a protective suit. ;)
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:20 am

MINITEE wrote:
Doonst wrote:
drghfx wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

and a protective suit. ;)

And, you better not be drinking and riding .... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :shifty:

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 am

HCcD wrote:And, you better not be drinking and riding .... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :shifty:

... unless you drink the "beers" in Andy's picture, in which case you'll be fine. (They're all non-alcoholic.)

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:38 am

ian wrote:
HCcD wrote:And, you better not be drinking and riding .... :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :shifty:

... unless you drink the "beers" in Andy's picture, in which case you'll be fine. (They're all non-alcoholic.)

Thanks ian for pointing that out.
Dennis...the case of brew I sent you is alcoholic...so please take the necessary precautions :D
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:45 am

Jo-Jo wrote:
ian wrote:

Thanks ian for pointing that out.
Dennis...the case of brew I sent you is alcoholic...so please take the necessary precautions :D

That's not a joking matter, Jo-Jo ... as, I can just imagine, Dennis, waiting at the door to pounce at the delivery person, in anticipation of a case of beer to arrive ... :shock: :wink: :shifty:

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:26 pm

This is one of the wisest things I've ever read by drghfx :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:27 am

Jwolf wrote:

yep...umm...were you as surprised as I was :lol: :lol:

Just joking Dennis :roll: :wink:

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

I have to stop posting when I'm drunk! I'm getting a bad rep! :(
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:17 pm

drghfx wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

I have to stop posting when I'm drunk! I'm getting a bad rep! :(

Yep, had me a bit concerned there and got me wondering if you were sober or drunk when you posted that, Johnny Fever... :wink:

Return to “The Dark Side”