Sit bones

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

MrBond
Bill Crothers

Sit bones

Postby MrBond » Sat May 30, 2015 6:38 am

I've been doing a lot more cycling lately, and my sit bones are screaming at me in protest. :roll:

I've tried moving the seat around, different cycling shorts and seats to no avail, any suggestions what I could try next ?

Thanks in advance...
"You're in over your head Donny..."

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Re: Sit bones

Postby trixiee » Sat May 30, 2015 7:30 am

Wow... Can't help you, except for using some chamois cream? Is it chafing, or pain?
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Mark.AU
Bill Crothers

Postby Mark.AU » Sat May 30, 2015 7:57 am

Either you need a new/different saddle or it's simply a matter of getting the time on it harden up. Even on my most comfortable saddle, one I've gots 1000's of km on, if I've been off it for a while it still takes a couple of weeks to get used to it.
“We are what we think. / All that we are arises with our thoughts. / With our thoughts we make the world.” Dhammapada,

MrBond
Bill Crothers

Postby MrBond » Sat May 30, 2015 11:34 am

trixiee wrote:Wow... Can't help you, except for using some chamois cream? Is it chafing, or pain?

Its pain, right on the pointy parts of the pelvic bone. Maybe if I have a little more 'cushion'.... :?:

MrBond
Bill Crothers

Postby MrBond » Sat May 30, 2015 11:35 am

Mark.AU wrote:Either you need a new/different saddle or it's simply a matter of getting the time on it harden up. Even on my most comfortable saddle, one I've gots 1000's of km on, if I've been off it for a while it still takes a couple of weeks to get used to it.

That's kinda what I figured, but thank you for the heads up Mark !

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Not sure if you want to try a new saddle, but I recently discovered what I think is the most comfortable saddle I have ever ridden.... the Selle SMP.
I got an "Evolution" model tester from my LBS. It's in Selle SMP's "minimal" padding line.
I was told long ago that less padding is actually more comfortable... something to do with padding causing soft tissue problems.
They are somewhat bizarre looking saddles, and quite pricey, but I couldn't get over how instantly comfortable it felt.
My wife ended up buying one for herself and had zero issues with 4 hour rides right away.
Be cautious if you buy used though... I found several fake SMP's (only the carbon models I think) being sold on classified sites.
“It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.”
Epictetus

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Wu wei wrote:Not sure if you want to try a new saddle, but I recently discovered what I think is the most comfortable saddle I have ever ridden.... the Selle SMP.
I got an "Evolution" model tester from my LBS. It's in Selle SMP's "minimal" padding line.
I was told long ago that less padding is actually more comfortable... something to do with padding causing soft tissue problems.
They are somewhat bizarre looking saddles, and quite pricey, but I couldn't get over how instantly comfortable it felt.
My wife ended up buying one for herself and had zero issues with 4 hour rides right away.
Be cautious if you buy used though... I found several fake SMP's (only the carbon models I think) being sold on classified sites.

The Selle is an amazing saddle.

With the shop I worked at being closed last summer I'm a bit behind on any new updates but Adamo and Cobb also have really well received saddles while pricey, most shops that carry them will have a demo/test fleet so you can try before you "invest".
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Return to “The Dark Side”