Peterborough Half-a-Half

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
homeruncity7
Percy Williams

Peterborough Half-a-Half

Postby homeruncity7 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Today was my first race in almost 6 years. Last race was Boston 2010. Knee surgery in 2011 and several attempts at try to run again have been unsuccessful. Fast forward to Nov. 2015 and another attempt to resume my running. Needless to say, I have gained a few pounds (40) and gotten a lot slower (comes with age as well).

In late December I signed up for this race to ensure my motivation stayed strong.

The weather today was almost perfect. There was a slight wind coming from the south but not significant. As usual I started too fast which resulted in more walk breaks than I wanted. I am running with a heart rate monitor and ensuring the heart rate does not get too high (history of heart disease in the family). Had 2 walk breaks in the first half and 3 in last half. The course is relatively flat. The largest hill was just before the turnaround. The half marathoners had a much hillier course.

My A goal was to finish between 56 - 58 minutes, otherwise to finish under 1 hour. My finish time was 59:49, good for 44th out of 141 runners. 5th of 7 in my age group. Overall I was quite happy with the results considering it has been 6 years since I raced.

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Peterborough Half-a-Half

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:47 am

Congratulations on your comeback race. I hope their are more races in the near future for you.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:36 am

Congrats on a great comeback race!

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:43 pm

Congratulations on your achievement. Not too shabby a time for a first race after your health issues. Congratulations!

Return to “Run/Race Reports”