Toronto Waterfront 10K was AWESOME.

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
TeamHoundandRedhead
Percy Williams

Toronto Waterfront 10K was AWESOME.

Postby TeamHoundandRedhead » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:38 am

Finally got around to writing this - sorry I took so long. Anyway the Toronto Waterfront 10K was really well done this year. It used to be the Yonge St. 10K that started up around Eglinton and ended at Fort York, but for the past couple years they changed it to start on University and run along the waterfront. This year Lululemon sponsored the race and did a FANTASTIC job. The race kit pickup was at their store on Queen St. and you got a big tote bag, a full-size moisturizer with sunscreen, 2 sample size moisturizers perfect for traveling, a bottle of cucumber/mint/lime water and a Lululemon shirt that retails for $68. The shirt is black with just a little race logo on the sleeve so you can wear it all over the place. Race day logistics were really well done, the corrals were easy to get to, the entertainment along the route was fun (my favourite were the people on Spin Bikes) and you got donuts and cooling towels past the finish line. The weather was hot and humid but not so bad in the shade, and in the sun there was at least a cool breeze. The after-race area was awesome - they had yoga, many sponsors selling snacks, and a bunch of other things going on. The shuttle bus back to the start was a TTC bus rather than a school bus which was nice. You also got free downloads of your race pics. I can't tell you guys enough how much we enjoyed this race and will definitely be back next year.

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Re: Toronto Waterfront 10K was AWESOME.

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Nice shirt! Glad you had a good time. :D
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 pm

I concur with pretty much most of what you said. The breeze was only in the last 2.5K after the turnaround, and if there was shade on the course, I never found it! ;)

The picnic tables with table cloths and flowers was also a nice touch (much nicer and easier than sitting on the ground). Good post-race food (donuts!!).
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Sounds like a good race. Congratulations
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:12 pm

Sounds like a great 10k. I had a donut after my last 10k--it really hit the spot. Congratulations on a good race!
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

Return to “Run/Race Reports”