Endurance Tap

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
EnduranceTap
Percy Williams

Endurance Tap

Postby EnduranceTap » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Quick edit: we are now up and "running" at http://www.endurancetap.com and actively shipping orders. We are also beginning to add retailers, check out our website for details.

Hello everyone, I want to start this post with a full disclaimer that I am one of the founders of Endurance Tap, I'm not trying to be sneaky here!

My name is Pat, and along with my partner Matt we are going to be producing a Canadian maple syrup based energy gel! We have had runners testing them for a while in the Toronto area, but now we're wanting to take this to the next level and do a full production run.

Besides the fact that maple syrup is super Canadian and super tasty, it's actually a really good base for an endurance sport fuel. We add sea salt for sodium content, and ginger to aid with digestion, but we keep it really simple. Maple syrup is much lower on the glycemic index than normal gels, so it's absorbed really evenly with no spikes or crashes. Maple syrup is also full of antioxidants and minerals, including lots of potassium which is great to prevent cramps. Our recipe also has the benefit of being extremely easy to digest, even people with major tummy issues with normal gels can take ours with no problems.

I don't want to do a hard sell here, I'm actually really interested in everyone's feedback on the idea. Also, as part of our efforts to bring this to all of you, we have launched a crowdfunding campaign to help raise the funds to do our first production run. If you believe in the idea please support us, and please share this through your networks as well. http://igg.me/at/endurancetap (we have a "black friday" sale on right now actually).

The team involved in this project are all endurance athletes, and we think with the help of the endurance athlete community we can bring this healthier product to everyone.

Feel free to post questions here, I'll do my best to answer. Thanks!

Pat (the guy with the bee cast)
Last edited by EnduranceTap on Fri May 15, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

hezzy
Tom Longboat

Re: Endurance Tap

Postby hezzy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:45 pm

You may want to also post this in the General Running Discussion section as you may get more views. :)
2015 - the year of the 100 miler

EnduranceTap
Percy Williams

Postby EnduranceTap » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank you hezzy, I'll do that!

Pat

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:12 pm

sounds delicious!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:09 am

I saw this on Twitter the other day (I follow Ben Kaplan) and clicked through to the indiegogo page. I love the idea because maple syrup is without a doubt my favourite sweetener, so anything made from maple syrup has to be good! But I'm kind of a "taste one before I commit to a whole case" kind of person. Some people judge a gel by how it sits in their stomach, but I'm all about taste/texture (I don't have any problems digesting gels). Will you be sampling it anywhere?
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

EnduranceTap
Percy Williams

Postby EnduranceTap » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello La, thanks for the interest! We have some samples available in the GTA, do you live in the Toronto area? Feel free to e-mail me at pat@endurancetap.com to see if I can hook something up for you.

Our classic flavour tastes like maple syrup (because that's what it is!) but the salt we add cuts the sweetness a bit and there's a hint of ginger if you have sensitive taste. If you like maple syrup (and who doesn't), I'm confident you'll like it. Having said that, I would be happy to try to get a sample to you!

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Looks good! I am wondering, with all the emphasis on it being Canadian, why is it in USD? Is that an Indiegogo requirement?

EnduranceTap
Percy Williams

Postby EnduranceTap » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 am

Hello Gnu, thanks for the question. It's not a requirement of Indiegogo, it was a decision we had to make. We are a 100% Canadian company but to make this entire project feasible we also have to sell product in the states. Having something in CAD is a much bigger turnoff to Americans than USD is to us, this is simply because they very rarely buy anything online in CAD, whereas as Canadians we end up buying things in USD regularly.

If we had priced in CAD the prices would have been higher, so we are not actually charging any more.

I hope that helps,

Pat

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:54 am

EnduranceTap wrote:Hello Gnu, thanks for the question. It's not a requirement of Indiegogo, it was a decision we had to make. We are a 100% Canadian company but to make this entire project feasible we also have to sell product in the states. Having something in CAD is a much bigger turnoff to Americans than USD is to us, this is simply because they very rarely buy anything online in CAD, whereas as Canadians we end up buying things in USD regularly.

If we had priced in CAD the prices would have been higher, so we are not actually charging any more.

I hope that helps,

Pat

makes sense.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

EnduranceTap
Percy Williams

Postby EnduranceTap » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Love the handle Ultraslacker! Thanks

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”