Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:05 pm

You guys will appreciate this story...and I can't share it on FB.

Today we went on a playdate with an acquaintance - her DD and Charlotte are only a few days apart. It started off well - the girls were sharing/stealing toys from each other, and then C got excited, and started to make her "singing"/"shouting" noise - it's really not that loud - just happy. Well, the other little girl started crying. Like BAWLING. Her mother had to take her out of the room to calm her down...three times. It was SO awkward! My tiny baby was making her kid cry. Meanwhile, her dog was barking like crazy in the other room, since the baby was crying, the noisy toys were going off, and that didn't bother her, but C's tiny little voice seemed to really upset her.

Finally I said it was time for us to go home for a nap! Playdate fail!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:09 pm

starflower wrote:
anners wrote:I'm still pregnant. 38 weeks today and due in 2 weeks :)

ETA - V came on her due date.

Now I want to know when this baby's born so I'll for me next time, since G was born on his due date too. Because of course it'll be the same :lol:

I'm running too! Training for the Ottawa Half with a RR clinic, which is going really well. Thank goodness for gym daycare though, otherwise it would be much tougher to get all my runs in.

By the way, I received the baby maniac onesie...thanks :) Hopefully I will have a baby put it on sooner than later!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:09 am

anners wrote:
starflower wrote:

Now I want to know when this baby's born so I'll for me next time, since G was born on his due date too. Because of course it'll be the same :lol:

I'm running too! Training for the Ottawa Half with a RR clinic, which is going really well. Thank goodness for gym daycare though, otherwise it would be much tougher to get all my runs in.

By the way, I received the baby maniac onesie...thanks :) Hopefully I will have a baby put it on sooner than later!

yippee!! We should get all the baby maniac onesie pics together!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:13 am

Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:
starflower wrote:

That would be nice...except at least one of us wasn't included in this special club :?
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:46 am

Well, since there's only one onesie, and *some* people didn't take the timing of the maniac onesie availability into consideration in their family planning, I don't think it could possibly have reached everyone! :wink:

That being said...C wore the onesie, but I don't think i have any pictures of it! :(
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Well, since there's only one onesie, and *some* people didn't take the timing of the maniac onesie availability into consideration in their family planning, I don't think it could possibly have reached everyone! :wink:

That being said...C wore the onesie, but I don't think i have any pictures of it! :(

I think there is one floating around out west, too. I had it when John was wee, but I don't know if we wore it or I got a picture. I never had it for Damon.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:You guys will appreciate this story...and I can't share it on FB.

Today we went on a playdate with an acquaintance - her DD and Charlotte are only a few days apart. It started off well - the girls were sharing/stealing toys from each other, and then C got excited, and started to make her "singing"/"shouting" noise - it's really not that loud - just happy. Well, the other little girl started crying. Like BAWLING. Her mother had to take her out of the room to calm her down...three times. It was SO awkward! My tiny baby was making her kid cry. Meanwhile, her dog was barking like crazy in the other room, since the baby was crying, the noisy toys were going off, and that didn't bother her, but C's tiny little voice seemed to really upset her.

I laughed out loud when you said that toys are going off.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:You guys will appreciate this story...and I can't share it on FB.

This story made me giggle!!

Damon would love to play with Charlotte. One of his favourite things is to screech like a Pterodactyl. They could have a screech off.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:46 pm

FishPants wrote:

This story made me giggle!!

Damon would love to play with Charlotte. One of his favourite things is to screech like a Pterodactyl. They could have a screech off.

Charlotte used to make a noise I called "velociraptor" - we could have our own little dinosaur theme park!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:03 pm

jes wrote:
Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:
starflower wrote:

That would be nice...except at least one of us wasn't included in this special club :?

I didn't have it for V...maybe you need to have another baby? :shifty:

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm

anners wrote:
jes wrote:
Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:
starflower wrote:

I didn't have it for V...maybe you need to have another baby? :shifty:

Sure, if you want to carry it, deliver it, and care for it till, oh, about 5 years of age, sure!

starflower
Tom Longboat

Postby starflower » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:45 pm

anners wrote:
starflower wrote:

Good! I'm glad it arrived safely!

Maybe we need a mini-maniac t-shirt for everyone who got missed with the onesie?

Sorry about the playdate fail for Charlotte!
Rebecca

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm going for a run today!!! Of course, as I say that, my kid is in the midst of her longest morning nap ever so who knows when that will actually happen. But I'm putting it out there - I'm going for a run today!!!

Hope all the other mommas are doing well!
Next?
:)

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:23 pm

rockstar79 wrote:I'm going for a run today!!! Of course, as I say that, my kid is in the midst of her longest morning nap ever so who knows when that will actually happen. But I'm putting it out there - I'm going for a run today!!!

Hope all the other mommas are doing well!

And? How did it go?

I did 4.5k today in the snow, it was hard, I am not used to snow this winter.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 pm

I totally need to get my butt out there as well!

I"m having trouble not having a goal race.....I need to figure that one out soon.

I'm, however, going skating as soon as Delilah's "quiet time" is over - which was 15 minutes ago, but, apparently she hasn't noticed that her little monkey has woken up! :lol: :lol:
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:36 pm

My goal race, if it works out logistically with travel time and the trip to the YK is July 15th. I wonder how soon I need to start running in order to be able to manage 5K on July 15th. :think:

Still have no running motivation, but I am enjoying spin and swim.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:10 pm

rockstar - your run looked beautiful today! i can't wait until we're done with this winter mess so i can do more stroller running!

I'm ticking my way towards my 100th run in 100 days! I don't think my treadmill and I have been this week acquainted since the record snow winter of 2007-08. Very thankful to have it though, and very thankful for grandparents in town so I've been able to get all my long runs done outside. DH has been traveling a fair bit for his research, so both those things have been key to getting all the running in!

I'm gearing up to go back to work - C starts her daycare integration in 4 weeks. Time has flown by. Unfortunately, the building my new job is in does not have showers, which really limits the running at lunch options - though the job will likely be so busy, there won't be time to run at lunch anyway!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

starflower
Tom Longboat

Postby starflower » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Did anyone with beautiful weather get out for a run yesterday? It was gorgeous here and I felt like I was flying.

I feel like my half training is going really, really well - I started out with the 2:10 pace group, then moved up to the 2:00 pace group, and I'm contemplating trying to run with the 1:55 group after 2:00 leader was gone last week and I did my long run with the faster group. Since my PB is 1:58, I'm sort of secretly hoping that I might be able to beat that in May.

I'm looking forward to being able to get out with Gavin in the stroller, but probably another 2 months to wait. I hope he likes it, we've only used the stroller a few times so far.
Rebecca

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 pm

starflower wrote:Did anyone with beautiful weather get out for a run yesterday? It was gorgeous here and I felt like I was flying.

I feel like my half training is going really, really well - I started out with the 2:10 pace group, then moved up to the 2:00 pace group, and I'm contemplating trying to run with the 1:55 group after 2:00 leader was gone last week and I did my long run with the faster group. Since my PB is 1:58, I'm sort of secretly hoping that I might be able to beat that in May.

I'm looking forward to being able to get out with Gavin in the stroller, but probably another 2 months to wait. I hope he likes it, we've only used the stroller a few times so far.

Glad to hear the running is going so well! Great stuff! How old is Gavin now?

I did my longest stroller run to date yesterday in the sunshine - just over 10k. We splashed through all the puddles - I love spring!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

starflower
Tom Longboat

Postby starflower » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:35 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
starflower wrote:Did anyone with beautiful weather get out for a run yesterday? It was gorgeous here and I felt like I was flying.

I did my longest stroller run to date yesterday in the sunshine - just over 10k. We splashed through all the puddles - I love spring!

I'm impressed by 10k with the stroller!

Gavin's 4 months - I think you had said you ran with C in the carseat at 4 months? We didn't get the adapter, but I was planning on talking to the doctor at his appt in a few weeks.
Rebecca

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 pm

starflower wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

I'm impressed by 10k with the stroller!

Gavin's 4 months - I think you had said you ran with C in the carseat at 4 months? We didn't get the adapter, but I was planning on talking to the doctor at his appt in a few weeks.

Yep - although I think she would have been fine in the main part of the stroller - my Dr didn't specify. But at that point, we were still strolling her in the carseat. C had good neck strength but she was pretty tiny.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:39 pm

In a somewhat related post...who has bike trailers?? We'd like to get one for neighbourhood / bike path riding this summer. Which one do you have and do you like it? I think the chariot is out of our budget.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:55 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:In a somewhat related post...who has bike trailers?? We'd like to get one for neighbourhood / bike path riding this summer. Which one do you have and do you like it? I think the chariot is out of our budget.

I have one, but haven't used it yet. I got it at Costco, it's the Bell one. I need a bike I can pull it with.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:05 pm

FishPants wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:In a somewhat related post...who has bike trailers?? We'd like to get one for neighbourhood / bike path riding this summer. Which one do you have and do you like it? I think the chariot is out of our budget.

I have one, but haven't used it yet. I got it at Costco, it's the Bell one. I need a bike I can pull it with.

We bought that one at Costco last fall, but we haven't tried it. It'll be going on Joe's beater bike, not my pretty bike :D

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:15 pm

jes wrote:
FishPants wrote:

We bought that one at Costco last fall, but we haven't tried it. It'll be going on Joe's beater bike, not my pretty bike :D

I thought I remembered you saying you had that one, but they don't seem to have them any more!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Return to “The Scenic Route”