2013 K2J Winter & Spring Clinics

Everything about the training process, including programs, experiences, etc.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

2013 K2J Winter & Spring Clinics

Postby HCcD » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 pm

fyi ... the 2013 K2J Winter & Spring Clinics are now posted ....

For registration or additional information please contact us ( info@k2jfitness.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )

Boston Marathon Clinic - $110
Jan 10- Apr 11, Thursday 6:00-7:30 PM
At Barrhaven Source for Sports

Around The Bay Clinic - $100
Jan 10- Mar 22, Thursday 6:00-7:30 PM

Ottawa Half / Full Marathon Clinic - $110
Feb. 14- May 23, Thursday 6:00-7:30 PM

Boston / Around the Bay Clinic / Ottawa Marathon - $130
Jan 10- May 23, Thursday 6:00-7:30 PM

10K Clinic - $100
Feb 28 – May 23, Thursday 6-7:30-At Barrhaven Source for Sports

http://www.k2jfitness.com/clinics/running/2013-winter-spring
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: 2013 K2J Winter & Spring Clinics

Postby HCcD » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Think I may hop back on the K2J Bandwagon ... doing those winter speedworkouts behind the Mall did make a difference I think, instead of doing those on the hamstermill this past winter .. :what: :what:

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Me, me, me!!!
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:05 pm

I should be in for the ATB clinic but I haven't registered yet. I'll wait until a bit closer to January to register.
Carm

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 pm

carm wrote:I should be in for the ATB clinic but I haven't registered yet. I'll wait until a bit closer to January to register.

Splurge a bit, Carm .. and, pay the extra $30 and go for the ATB/Ottawa version ... :shock: :shifty: :lol: :wink:

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:08 pm

HCcD wrote:
carm wrote:I should be in for the ATB clinic but I haven't registered yet. I'll wait until a bit closer to January to register.

Splurge a bit, Carm .. and, pay the extra $30 and go for the ATB/Ottawa version ... :shock: :shifty: :lol: :wink:

No, you can't make me!!!!! :naughty: Although if I did a spring 1/2, I could tag onto the 1/2 group after ATB.
Carm

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 pm

carm wrote:
HCcD wrote:

No, you can't make me!!!!! :naughty: Although if I did a spring 1/2, I could tag onto the 1/2 group after ATB.

I started with the Boston/ATB folks last year even though I was doing a half (it was an early half).

I was planning on doing the Ottawa clinic but I realized last night that I would have to go straight from the workout to swimming. I'm not sure I want to do 2 tough workouts in a row like that. :shock:

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:06 pm

MikeM wrote:
carm wrote:
HCcD wrote:

I started with the Boston/ATB folks last year even though I was doing a half (it was an early half).

I was planning on doing the Ottawa clinic but I realized last night that I would have to go straight from the workout to swimming. I'm not sure I want to do 2 tough workouts in a row like that. :shock:

That would be CRAZY and I've done some crazy things in my day. Do you swim more than once a week? If you really wanted to go swimming after the track, it could be more of an easy/recovery swim.
Carm

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Andy signs up for marathons during his taper. I'm in an injury-induced "rest period" and now I'm having spring marathon thoughts. What's another month and a bit of 2.5-3.5 hour runs if I was actually seriously training for ATB!??! OK, maybe I'd better just focus on ATB for now since the build would be the same as for the marathon, right?
Carm

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:16 pm

carm wrote:
MikeM wrote:
carm wrote:
HCcD wrote:

That would be CRAZY and I've done some crazy things in my day. Do you swim more than once a week? If you really wanted to go swimming after the track, it could be more of an easy/recovery swim.

That's my only swim workout. I just started in the summer so I went with just the one day per week because I didn't know if I'd like it. I might do 2 days next year.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 pm

MikeM wrote:[That's my only swim workout. I just started in the summer so I went with just the one day per week because I didn't know if I'd like it. I might do 2 days next year.

I think that you'd be pretty wiped if you did the clinic and swimming. If it wasn't track, you'd probably be ok to do both...unless you can take it easy during your swim.
Carm

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:23 pm

carm wrote:
MikeM wrote:[That's my only swim workout. I just started in the summer so I went with just the one day per week because I didn't know if I'd like it. I might do 2 days next year.

I think that you'd be pretty wiped if you did the clinic and swimming. If it wasn't track, you'd probably be ok to do both...unless you can take it easy during your swim.

There's no such thing as an "easy" swim for me yet, although it's getting closer. :D I almost signed up for T-Th mornings instead, which would have worked fine for this, but didn't think that far ahead. I also didn't know if I would like it enough to haul myself to the pool for 6am by the time Jan-Feb rolled around.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 am

MikeM wrote:
carm wrote:

There's no such thing as an "easy" swim for me yet, although it's getting closer. :D I almost signed up for T-Th mornings instead, which would have worked fine for this, but didn't think that far ahead. I also didn't know if I would like it enough to haul myself to the pool for 6am by the time Jan-Feb rolled around.

You'll get there, Mike. :) Just keep doing what you're doing. :D I swam with NMSC in the Tues/Thurs slot for a season. It was a good program but it was just too hard for me to get to the 'haven for 6 am twice a week. Once we get the Earl Armstrong Bridge, I'll probably be in the 'haven much more often.
Carm

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Mike, that's why I don't swim with NMSC anymore (ok, one of the reasons). I used to do Thurs nights too, but after I started with K2J, it would have been too much.

I think NMSC added more single day options, so maybe you could switch swimming to another night?

MikeM
Bill Crothers

Postby MikeM » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

jes wrote:Mike, that's why I don't swim with NMSC anymore (ok, one of the reasons). I used to do Thurs nights too, but after I started with K2J, it would have been too much.

I think NMSC added more single day options, so maybe you could switch swimming to another night?

Ah, that's a good idea. I'll have to look into that, although with curling on Wed, and DW playing soccer on alternate Mon/Tues, that leaves me with only Fridays I guess.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 pm

MikeM wrote:
jes wrote:Mike, that's why I don't swim with NMSC anymore (ok, one of the reasons). I used to do Thurs nights too, but after I started with K2J, it would have been too much.

Ah, that's a good idea. I'll have to look into that, although with curling on Wed, and DW playing soccer on alternate Mon/Tues, that leaves me with only Fridays I guess.

There's a Sun and a Fri group. I'd like to start going again. Maybe next year!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:48 pm

jes wrote:
MikeM wrote:

There's a Sun and a Fri group. I'd like to start going again. Maybe next year!

I should try too .... :shock:

NOT !!!! :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops:

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 pm

HCcD wrote:I should try too .... :shock:

NOT !!!! :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops:

:lol: Oh Andy. :roll:
Carm

Return to “Training ”