Garmin HELP- I want to kill it!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

pts
Lynn Williams

Garmin HELP- I want to kill it!

Postby pts » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:14 am

My Forerunner 201 has been acting wierd lately, turning itself off spontaniously. I called Garmin and they told me to get their online update installed, but i have never hooked it up to my computer, and now that I try, it doesn't read the Garmin.

Any computer wizes out there that can help? I have it on "auto-detect" to detect the Garmin, and it cant detect anything (the garmin is ON).

Thanks! I hate this thing (and i love it to run with)!!!
Erin

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:18 am

I had this same problem at first too. You have to really push the serial cable into the little charging/downloading clip further than seems reasonable. Once I really jammed it in, my computer recognized the Garmin.

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:22 am

That was exactly the problem!! Who knew it was something so non-technical! Now lets hope this update works to solve my problem!

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:33 am

Prats

My first forerunner would do that (cut out) when i hit bumps on my bike. Do not think that the update will fix that but try it anyway. nothing to loose but time.

Sent mine back and had it replaced.

Is it still under warranty? where did you buy it?
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:53 pm

garth wrote:Prats

My first forerunner would do that (cut out) when i hit bumps on my bike. Do not think that the update will fix that but try it anyway. nothing to loose but time.

Sent mine back and had it replaced.

Is it still under warranty? where did you buy it?

I actually got this one as a replacement for my last one that was really wacky... it would turn itself ON all the time, middle of the night, while i was watching tv... so this one is only 6 months old, got it at the RR.

Return to “General Running Discussion”