Wonderful Wednesday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed May 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Holy nutty week batman. :(

Ran yesterday and today, early morning, but worked late nights since Monday.
Can't run until Saturday (hopefully). Well I may try a few junk miles early tomorrow morning if I get up early enough.

Hope all y'all are doing well.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Cheermidget
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cheermidget » Wed May 07, 2008 7:01 pm

Just finished my ~11K run (~3K run to RR, 8.7K run with the group).

Now time to rest...
~Rae

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Wed May 07, 2008 7:04 pm

lisaannr wrote:I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, I had sort of planned on biking to the appointment (only ~ 5k) but I am not so sure my legs will be able to handle the hills yet. :roll:

Too nice not to ride. Okay, well it was only ~ 9k. Was late leaving only had 12 minutes to get there..made it in 9, good thing it was downhill all the way there. :D Fastest speed was 38.2k/h, average speed 21.4k/h. Legs actually feel better now.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

a_beacher
Jerome Drayton

Postby a_beacher » Wed May 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Went to the pool this morning and did 1000 metres in about 24 minutes and then 25 minutes on the treadmill. I spent 8 minutes in transition from pool to treadmill. LOL Seriously, I tried to move faster but it took 8 minutes to get out of the pool, dressed for the treadmill and then get all the way across the building to the treadmills. Crazy. I was exhausted by the time I got to the treadmills too.

Then I went to RunningFree (Markham) for new running shoes. I tried on every neutral shoe possible and picked the Saucony Trigrid 5's.

Rest day tomorrow!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Wed May 07, 2008 7:28 pm

20.5k ride to work, 20.5k ride home. It was a bit wet on the way home :roll: I paced a bike rack equipped bus for about 7k, seriously debated hammering for a bit to get ahead far enough to catch it. :P
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Had a nice run with the 10K Clinic this evening ... 9.5K / 60 minutes ... The schedule called for 6x Hills (500m) and ended up running 8x hills, as I had to wait for some of my runners to complete their repeats ... It was wet and cold and a lot easier to run extra hills then stand out in the cold waiting for my ducklings to finish their workout ...

Surprisingly, the legs felt pretty good this evening ... Held my hill repeats to about 4:30mpk pacing 8) :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Wed May 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Managed to fit a run in on lunch break yesterday. Also biked to & from work. Today I was stuck driving, and working on a partnered assignment over lunch. Tomorrow is not looking too promising either.
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Wed May 07, 2008 8:29 pm

20km whatever tonight. It was supposed to be an LSD, but it was cold a windy, so slowly the pace increased to almost tempoish. So, 20km at 5:15/km average.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed May 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Irongirl wrote:cool - so is WOW meeting every Wednesday?

that could fit perfectly into ironboy's training schedule ;) (i.e. I could go to WOW while he trains)

how far/long are the rides?

25 km/hr, eh? I should be able to do that.....

That's all I know. I can't make the Wednesday night rides. Sounds like a fun group though!

SusanD
Bill Crothers

Postby SusanD » Wed May 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Personal note... dropped DD off early this morning - she'll be in NYC until Mother's Day. :(

Running note... did a fun charity run in Mississauga tonight. POURING! Gotta love it - truly my fav weather for running outdoors! So exhilarating & refreshing. Finisher's medal put around my neck by Stanton himself. 8) :lol: Was the opening of the new Square One RR... Daff-O-Dash for Cancer... wore yellow ribbons & daffodils ... dedicated our run and donations collected to midge's friend, Monique.

Personal note again... now staying up... waiting for call/email/text fr NYC...

EDIT: 'kay, text finally rec'd. relieved mum can go to bed now. :D
Last edited by SusanD on Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Done: Full 2, 30k 2, 25k 1, Half 11, 13k 2, 10k 2, 8k 1, 5k 20 ...
Hmmm... this needs an update!

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed May 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Stephan wrote:8K hill run tonight, legs feeling good. Now enjoying a St-Ambroise Apricot Wheat Beer.....yes.....Apricot beer.

Eh if dgrant/* likes it, there is no shame for other men to do so ;-)

20K on the bike for me, nothing super exciting, I hate the bike. Thank god for tv to distract! :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

blue_cup
Ben Johnson

Postby blue_cup » Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I've been soooo bad with my workouts over the last couple of weeks. Gah. I feel apart during final exams and haven't gotten back on track yet. Right now I'm trying to talk myself into getting geared up for a short little jaunt. I was hoping that popping in here and talking about it might help propel me out the door....

I really have to get back on track. I feel so guilty.

Am I still here? I should be catching a satellite or something. Maybe filling up that water bottle. Changing into run gear might be a good start.

Ok. I'm going. I am. I'm going.

Jay-Lorens
Bruce Kidd

Postby Jay-Lorens » Wed May 07, 2008 9:32 pm

9 hills done.
Only one more week of hills left!
Jay

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed May 07, 2008 11:16 pm

blue_cup wrote:I've been soooo bad with my workouts over the last couple of weeks. Gah. I feel apart during final exams and haven't gotten back on track yet. Right now I'm trying to talk myself into getting geared up for a short little jaunt. I was hoping that popping in here and talking about it might help propel me out the door....

Am I still here? I should be catching a satellite or something. Maybe filling up that water bottle. Changing into run gear might be a good start.

hey I fell off last fall and haven't gotten it back yet, so a couple of weeks is nothing. :P
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

blue_cup
Ben Johnson

Postby blue_cup » Wed May 07, 2008 11:19 pm

klewlis wrote:
blue_cup wrote:I've been soooo bad with my workouts over the last couple of weeks. Gah. I feel apart during final exams and haven't gotten back on track yet. Right now I'm trying to talk myself into getting geared up for a short little jaunt. I was hoping that popping in here and talking about it might help propel me out the door....

hey I fell off last fall and haven't gotten it back yet, so a couple of weeks is nothing. :P

Got my 4.75km in. :P

Return to “General Running Discussion”