A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

NCM kit pick up - Help/advice please!

Postby bruyere » Fri May 23, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey, NCMers, advice please!

The website says, for Sunday:
6:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. RACE KIT PICK UP AT CITY HALL

Last chance to pick up Race Kits in the lobby at City Hall (110 Laurier Ave). No new registrations accepted.

My hotel is about 627M from City Hall. I'm thinking of doing the kit pick up that morning. Is that crazy? Think it would be stupid busy.

I don't feel like making my way to the expo alone. Meh. .... the whole weekend alone... If I can reasonably get it on Sunday morning, I will just take a later bus up tomorrow.
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri May 23, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm shocked that the website says that. I've always seen "no race kit pick up on race day!" or maybe I'm just imagining that.

I'm sure you'd be fine to pick it up on race day - will you use the bag check though - or, pick it up and go back to your hotel?

oh wait - your race starts at 7:00. hmm....maybe not the best idea?!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 23, 2008 5:05 pm

my gut feeling is that it may be for the 1/2 marathon and Family 2K'ers ... and those last minute marathoners out-of-towners :think::think:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Well, I'm an out-of-towner! :p

I should be OK now, though. I chatted with a friend and he's going to both the expo and the races Saturday evening. So he offered to pick it up for me, and meet up with me late afternoon/early evening. Yay! THIS is why I have a hotel so close.

So now, Sunday morning is just a back up.

And yeah, IG, I'd scurry back to the hotel. I usually end up doing that at least anyway... I head out for the start line around 6:15 - 6:30, realise I need to go pee again, and run back. OK, THAT is the real reason why I have a hotel that close. ;)

And finally, I was having a pity party. It's not the WHOLE weekend alone. It just felt like it!
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri May 23, 2008 5:31 pm

bruyère wrote:And yeah, IG, I'd scurry back to the hotel. I usually end up doing that at least anyway... I head out for the start line around 6:15 - 6:30, realise I need to go pee again, and run back. OK, THAT is the real reason why I have a hotel that close. ;)

I know what you mean. I once stayed at a hotel which was 629 m from the Expo and the problems that caused, let me tell you.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Irongirl wrote:I'm shocked that the website says that. I've always seen "no race kit pick up on race day!" or maybe I'm just imagining that.
?!
Yeah..thats what I thought too
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Fri May 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, I checked for the third time because my friend and I both actually had 6:00AM in our heads, but then I looked at what I quoted above and it says 6:30AM.

On another page (under the Expo tab), I found this:

"Race kits will NOT be mailed out. Race kits may be picked up early Sunday, May 25 from 6:00 am to 9:00 am at City Hall but NO new registrations will be taken at this time."

Either way, I think it's safe to say I CAN get my kit Sunday morning if I have to... either at 6:00 or 6:30. Perhaps this is something new.

Midge
Jerome Drayton

Postby Midge » Fri May 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Mike Runs wrote:
bruyère wrote:And yeah, IG, I'd scurry back to the hotel. I usually end up doing that at least anyway... I head out for the start line around 6:15 - 6:30, realise I need to go pee again, and run back. OK, THAT is the real reason why I have a hotel that close. ;)

I know what you mean. I once stayed at a hotel which was 629 m from the Expo and the problems that caused, let me tell you.
635 m for me once, had to take a cab
;) early and ;) often - it pays off in the long run

"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Mike from Creemore
Tom Longboat

Postby Mike from Creemore » Fri May 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Heather, give me your bib number and where I can find you and I'll pick it up for you on Saturady. I'm here all day and have nothing to do so no sweat.
Mike

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Fri May 23, 2008 8:47 pm

Mike from Creemore wrote:Heather, give me your bib number and where I can find you and I'll pick it up for you on Saturady. I'm here all day and have nothing to do so no sweat.
Mike

Thanks Mike, that's really nice of you. I'm OK now, though. A friend is picking it up for me, and I'll meet up with him when I get into the city.

Many thanks!

Return to “General Running Discussion”