raining on sunday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

raining on sunday

Postby turd ferguson » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:39 pm

1235 in burlington and I'm already reporting in.

Half an hour in the pouring rain, starting just after midnight. Very refreshing after a hard day. (Nothing bad, just stressful)

Ditched my shirt 5 minutes in. No shirt, no watch, no pace, no plan. Just shorts and shoes in the dark.

Heading back to calgary later sunday.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 pm

what the? you really threw me off - then I remembered that you're in Ontario, so daily thread you're ok.....

btw - crappy weather here Mike. hope you enjoyed the warmth in Ontario - it didn't get much warmer than about 4 today, had points of rain/snow mix during the day....not much better until about Thurs this week. I'm not too upset that I don't have a Police Half bib for tomorrow.

got my 3hr spin/30min run in today, and tomorrow (Sun) is a 2.5hr run on the schedule.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:29 am

Up early with the birdies...

Getting ready to volunteer at the Run for Reach this morning. We are the last water station from the turn around point of the half... with a fantastic posse of maniacs!! So looking forward to this.

Wishing great cycling, race directing, running and racing all around!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:59 am

Just getting up and out of bed now and heading downtown for for a nice steady 21.1K run along the Canal this mornig .... looking to be a very nice and pleasant morning for running, though a bit of windy, but I will take it ... :wink:

Have a great day everyone .... :P :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:22 am

Up and at 'em too! Had a bit of work to finish off before heading off to Philly. It's going to be 32 degrees there today! I'm supossed to do my LSD today, but I think I'll bump it to tomorrow morning...

Good Luck to all those folks racing and water stationing! :D

Will I see you in the airport today Mike? I'll be there from 10:20 until 11:20 (AC)
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:29 am

2nd to last ball hockey game of the season on tap for the morning. I am hoping for the chance to make it to Pegagsus to look into some new shoes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:44 am

Up early here as well, to head out to volunteer at Reach! I decided to put off my run until post-race, and enjoy a big relaxed breakfast right now instead.

So - easy run later and swim tonight.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:49 am

The woodpeckers woke me up at 6:30 but that's okay because A I have to work at 9:00 and B- coffee tastes better early in the morning.

I am going to take my stuff to work and skip out for a run at lunch time.
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:56 am

Waiting for MiniT to rouse so I can turn on the coffee grinder :) BJH will be here in a an hour and a half for pancakes...... then off to the race!
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:01 am

Up and getting ready for a run downtown...not the race but elsewhere.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:24 am

Up with coffee - wondering how my tired body will react to the cycling planned for today. I'll get out this morning - how far remains to be seen :?

Good luck all racers today :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:26 am

21 km long run this morning. Looking forward to it! Now, let's hope that rain stays away...
Next?
:)

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:33 am

On my way out shortly to pick up BG1 for our bike ride. Then we'll drop by the Rubble Yell and complete our brick workout. Rain, rain, go away!!!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 am

Mike - running in the rain at midnight can be very cathartic. Hope things are okay with your Mom.

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to walk over to fe.sweetpea's for pancakes and coffee. Then off to spectate a the Rubble Yell. Hopefully the walk will help to work off some of the soreness in my lower back. :?
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:56 am

It's race day in Montreal too. A choice of 1, 2, 5 or 10K in Ville St-Laurent and three of us are doing the 10K.

I'm kind of nervous, mainly since I haven't raced since last August!! The return from injury has been gradual and satisfying but can't say that I'm top form yet.

Should hold up fine but not expecting a record time either way. (Problem is, who knows what my pb / pws are exactly -- will have to dig up the records later.)

IN the meantime, it's very cool, damp, breezy-blustery... the kind of weather that's conducive to curling up in bed with a cup of coffee and reading the paper.

Ha...which is what I may end up doing when I get back from the race!

Have a great day all you maniacs!! :)

runlolarun
Tom Longboat

Postby runlolarun » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:03 am

Hermes wrote:It's race day in Montreal too. A choice of 1, 2, 5 or 10K in Ville St-Laurent and three of us are doing the 10K.

Which race is this? Good running vibes to all of you.

Out to do 30 minutes of walk/run with my 2 friends. They are total
running newbies and I am helping them get prepared for their first
5k on June 6th. Then a run for me - going to do time only(90 minutes) -
I'm working on building up some more strength and endurance for
NCM.

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 am

Planning on getting out for a run very soon. I don't know what has gotten into the kids lately, but holy man, I may be looking for an exorcist if this keeps up!

Confirmation today for the youngest, thank goodness the temperatures have dropped. I was NOT looking forward to an hour in a hot church in the middle of the afternoon when the forecast was for hot and humid for today!

Good luck to anyone racing. I wish I was able to go down to Run for Reach and hang out with the other water station maniacs!
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 am

Not sure what's on my schedule for today. I'd like to run 10-12k, but may do what I did last week, and put it off to before work tomorrow.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

moof324
Bill Crothers

Postby moof324 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 am

Another not sure what I'm doing today. High of 90 forecast again today, so I either need to run now or at 7 tonight after yesterday's character-building-mid-day-20-miler. Was pretty sore when I first woke up today, but nothing unmanageable. I think I'll head out tonight for about 5 miles and spend the morning doing housework, laundry, trying to find the carpet cleaner (one of the cat kids appears to have barfed everywhere and then hidden the carpet cleaner... :roll: ). The cats were loving that we slept with the windows open--every time I woke up, they had changed the window they were sleeping in. Very cute!

Otherwise, I'm going to spend the very hot afternoon at the public library studying (they have a/c, and I still haven't decided if I'm turning ours on today) :twisted: Then Eric comes home from his climbing trip tonight, so I guess I'll cook something good for dinner--pineapple citrus chicken is thawing, and I'll probably steam some veggies with it, along with rice.
2010: Cautiously coming back from 14 months of injury!
June 12: Race for the Cure 5K, Raleigh
June 26: Legal Run-Around 5K, Wilmington (28:51, PR!)
Jan. 8-9, 2011: Goofy!

Marathon Count: 6
Half Count: 7

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:36 am

runlolarun wrote:
Hermes wrote:It's race day in Montreal too. A choice of 1, 2, 5 or 10K in Ville St-Laurent and three of us are doing the 10K.

Which race is this? Good running vibes to all of you.

Out to do 30 minutes of walk/run with my 2 friends. They are total
running newbies and I am helping them get prepared for their first
5k on June 6th. Then a run for me - going to do time only(90 minutes) -
I'm working on building up some more strength and endurance for
NCM.

It's one of the Endurance Circuit races; you should be able to find it on the home page at this link: http://www.courir.org/

Good luck preparing for NCM!

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:46 am

Off to my first race of the year.. Times Colonist 10 km with 13000 others they had to cap registration this year.WOW. I hate this race because of the huge crowd but love the route by the water it is so beautiful. I also go down with my dad but he beats me every year, not by a little but by a lot. He usually places in his age group. So hopefully my hip with cooperate and I can PR today if not hiopefull I will see lots of running friends down there. Cheers
IMC 2015

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:11 am

Had a lovely little "last hoorah"/farewell to my apartment last night. Due to the extremely short notice (invite went out on Thursday afternoon), I had only about 10 people. Fortunately, they were 10 of my favourite people. :) Things wrapped up around 3AM or so. I needed a little Gatorade this morning, but all good now!

24K will be done later this afternoon.

Oh, and some packing. ;) (A few friends expressed surprise that I don't have more done!)
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

smileyrunner
Johnny Miles

Postby smileyrunner » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:12 am

Off to the Edmonton Police Half! I'm excited and hoping to do well. It's cool here but not snowing like yesterday morning so I'm happy!

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:13 am

Getting ready for a short 25km LSD this morning. No rain, and I am OK with this.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:53 am

Nervously heading out for final LSD before race next Sunday. 6 miles. Weeks ago I would have not even given 6 miles a thought but after the injuries I've been trying to rehab I'm not sure how it will work out.

Trying to get my head around the idea that I may not be able to race next Sunday. :( We'll see how it goes.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Return to “General Running Discussion”