It's Wednesday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

It's Wednesday!

Postby JacSprat » Wed May 27, 2009 2:09 am

Just about to start work. Very nice that we have internet connection during the all day meeting :D
We're going on a boat ride on the Thames after work :D
No run for me today.

Happy Hump Day everyone :!:
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Wed May 27, 2009 5:07 am

Going for a quick recovery run! I"m glad I can say that.... we'll see how it goes? Quads less and less sore.

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed May 27, 2009 5:16 am

I am really hoping time will permit a quick run this morning. So far work hasn't afforded me the opportunity due to non stop late nights and early mornings.

Have a great day maniacs! :D
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 am

I'm in the same wicked boat, Marg! I know I'll get to the gym today, but will I be able to get my entire workout in? Not sure... Supposed to do an hour bike ride today, but looks as if mother nature is conspiring against me!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Bebette
Bill Crothers

Postby Bebette » Wed May 27, 2009 5:45 am

Congrats to everyone racing last weekend!

I am just back from a trip to Mont-Joli (near Rimouski) to visit my parents. They are both going through a depression. The trip included 30 hours spent in trains or train stations over four days. My mum is doing better, but my dad is still 'fragile'.

Today, I am back in the thick of things--strength exercises this morning, yoga at lunch, and a run home after work.
I run because it's fun.

In another life:
3 marathons including Boston twice (PB: 3:47), 6 halfs (PB: 1:45), 6 10k (PB: 46:41) and 3 5ks (PB: 21:00)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 am

Icckkkk, rain in the forecast for most of the week ... :?

My self-maintenace mode, appears to be working on my achilles as the inflammation is almost gone .. yay .... perhaps, I may try an easy recovery run later this afternoon and/or some lower body, core stuff ... we'll see ...

Have a great day ... post race recovery from weekend's festivies is almost over ... time to get back in the saddle ... :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

cgraham
Bill Crothers

Postby cgraham » Wed May 27, 2009 6:01 am

They were calling for rain this morning, but it held off while I was running. Lots of puddles on the track though :D

Tempo intervals today 6x1600 with 1 minute rests. A bit over 19k total.

Last couple were tough but not overwhelming, so that's good.

Hope all you weekend racers can start limping through a workout soon!
2009 Highlights
Marathon - 2:54:05 (Mar 22 - Tokyo)
Half - 1:20:00 (Apr 26 - Hartwell)
5k - 17:09 (Acura 5k - Jul 19)
800m - 2:16.80 (York U - Jul 28 )
Now - Getting back my running fitness
My training log

Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!

"There are two types of injuries that we older runners get: those that we can run with and those that we can't. And if you're over 30 and don't have one or the other, you aren't training hard enough." - Younger Legs blog

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Wed May 27, 2009 6:18 am

Bebette, hope your parents will be OK. That's sad.
I'm going to RunPub tonight, but *sniff* will NOT run with the fast group. I will take it easy. I promise. I feel like a caged animal for having not run since Sunday!!! The soreness has made it easier not to run, but I already feel like I've gained 5 pounds. :roll:
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Wed May 27, 2009 6:43 am

Just over 10k this morning. Tired but strong so good. Don't think I'll get my evening FF's run in tonight. Kids have dentist appointments and then we have a double header of Play and Band Concert.

Andy, good to hear your achilles is getting better. Look into eccentric loading exercise to help strengthen/rehabilitate. Basically it is a calf raise on two feet, drop on one foot, stretch at the end. It's what Steve has me doing, which I am combining with the FF's runs

Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 am

QuickChick wrote:I'm going to RunPub tonight, but *sniff* will NOT run with the fast group. I will take it easy. I promise.

Cool... you can run with ME! :D I plan a run of some sort for some period of time, but with the heavy rain forecasted, who knows what it will actually end up being.

I did an interval workout on the bike last night. Scratch that - it wasn't really intervals, it was more like a tempo ride. We did multiple loops (of a ~1-mile circuit) that had some gradual incline followed by some gradual descents (and lots of corners). The idea was to push the effort level on the climbs (crest the hill) and then recover on the downhills. That tempo effort lasted about 35 minutes and my legs were on fire afterwards. I haven't looked at my Garmin data yet, so not sure of the stats.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed May 27, 2009 7:04 am

Green Mountain team meeting tonight plus some TLC on my sore bod with the various instruments of torture. Huge soccer game on the TV this afternoon with the European Championship final: Manchester United vs. Barcelona.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 am

So, why is it whenever supposedly clean the carpets at the office, it appears to smell like a changeroom stench ... :sick: :? :roll:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Wed May 27, 2009 7:16 am

Strider wrote:Andy, good to hear your achilles is getting better. Look into eccentric loading exercise to help strengthen/rehabilitate. Basically it is a calf raise on two feet, drop on one foot, stretch at the end. It's what Steve has me doing, which I am combining with the FF's runs

My physio has me doing this stretching exercise too.

Things are looking up for me. No pain in my foot when I woke up this morning :shock: :D Yesterday, I went to see a RMT and he did some pretty intense stretching and massage on my foot (almost made me cry) and it feels a lot better. I'm starting to believe I will be able to remain pain free 8)

Bike Commute (25 miles) and a run after work (3 miles).

Have a good day.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Wed May 27, 2009 8:07 am

Bebette, sorry to read this. Hugs

Dental surgery for me this morning, sleep and then household chores if I feel up to it.
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 am

I have running stuff with me in case I want to run home from work. But my legs didn't even want to walk the 4k to work this morning. But they did walk...
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:24 am

Good Morning!

An easy 10K on the TM this morning - yes I know - the TM, when it was perfectly fine for running outside. :? . Feeling a bit lazy I guess!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 am

Happy Wednesday everyone!

On Monday I ran 5 k at lunch and yesterday I did the same workout that Aaron had to do for PT that morning. Run 400m, 100 squats, 400m, 75 squats, 400m, 50 squats, 400m, 25 squats.

I must say, legs are a little jelly like in consistency this morning! :D

My lovely little girl is 11 months old today so we went out for a nice 5k walk to celebrate. I have been taking my running stuff to work as a conscience but today I think my legs would give out and laugh at me if I tried.

Enjoy your day!

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 am

Bebette, hugs to you. Hope your parents are doing better soon.

Sherry, good luck with your dental surgery. Take care.

Andy, although the rains are dreary, better they come mid week than on the weekend! We need the rain anyway for all that planting that got done these past few weekends!

Did a short t/m run last night on adjusted footwear followed by some strength training and then stretching. Also had a massage, which was heavenly.

Not sure what/if anything is on the schedule tonight exercise wise. May go to the gym for another short t/m run just to see the results of my massage last night.

Will visit family that's moving to a their new house today (probably lift a few boxes while there), hope to visit with a friend in the early evening and will also take in the school band concert later too.
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 am

Ran to work using the same direct route as yesterday - 6.9 km. Easier pace, took 40:44 to run it (5:54/km - 30 seconds/km slower than yesterday). Gorgeous outside!
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

Marg wrote:I am really hoping time will permit a quick run this morning. So far work hasn't afforded me the opportunity due to non stop late nights and early mornings.

Shoe-horned in a progressive 5km at 5:39 avergaed. It'll do!

Bebette, hope things improve for your folks. Wishing you strength.

Good luck with the surgery Sherry!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

दिवंगत
Bill Crothers

Postby दिवंगत » Wed May 27, 2009 8:40 am

60 minute TT on the bike tonight; might have to do it on the trainer if the rain is really bad. Was going to swim this am but didn't get up in time. I'll get that done either this pm or tomorrow morning.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed May 27, 2009 8:51 am

Back on the horse today! An easy paced 5km before the rain started. Happy to be back out there.

I'm coaching tonight, but before that will try to catch the first ever rugby game being held on Parliament Hill! Minister Peter MacKay is even going to play - http://asatte.dyndns.org/RugbyOnTheHill2/home.html
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Wed May 27, 2009 9:09 am

Sorry to hear about your parents, Bebette.

Crazy day today jam-packed with meetings and no time to get my pile of work done. :evil: Luckily I have a PT session already scheduled for this afternoon so I will get my workout done instead of working that extra time.

Thinking about some June goals this week as well. :)
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Gourou
Bruce Kidd

Postby Gourou » Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am

Nice 5K tempo run last night. I set a new PB.

I'll try to run an easy 6.5K at lunch, because tonight I'm going to see a Metal Concert: Distrubed @ Bell Center :twisted: Oh yeah!

kpoire
Bill Crothers

Postby kpoire » Wed May 27, 2009 9:51 am

14km MTB to work this morning, trail run at lunch (distance unknown), and a 1 - 2 hrs of single track tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Return to “General Running Discussion”