Wet Friday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Wet Friday!

Postby Dr. S » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:02 am

Morning,

it's pouring rain in Mtl, Granny (bike) is in the shop so I am taking the bus/subway this morning. I won't miss being that wet!!

Tae-box at lunch time.

Have a good day :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 am

Foggy here! Supposed to be a wet one.

Tons to do today :roll: including taking parent to doc, working on 2 presentations, getting ready for a day of kayaking tomorrow, and leaving for DC on Sunday. I'm supposed to do a short run today but going to skip it and get out on my bike later today if I have time. I felt a bit of a pull in my left leg last run and don't want to aggrevate that bc the HM is a next weekend.

Have a good one everyone :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 am

It is pouring here, but...

Yesterday I had 3 good things happen (things happen in 3's)

I was told by one of my doctors that I don't have skin cancer. Really good that that one main symptom is ruled out as related to all my other crap. :)

Second, I found an old friend on FB and actually had a good chat!

And third, last week I had said "what the hell" and sent my resume to a company that would be my dream job. The first interview was last night and he wants to take me to lunch on Tuesday to work out the details!

So now I just need 525 tests to come back clean and get on with it already!

No flushing episodes in 2 weeks and 1 day. Maybe THIS time it is just gone...

So today at lunch I will run in the rain, hair be damned! :)

Have a wickedly awesome weekend! (in the words of my new boss in his last email. How cool is that??!!)

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Re: Wet Friday!

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:51 am

Dr. S wrote:it's pouring rain in Mtl, Granny (bike) is in the shop so I am taking the bus/subway this morning. I won't miss being that wet!!

a wet commute this morning...
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:55 am

Yay, for Dani ... great news all around ...

So, what is your Dream Job ? Is it located in Ottawa ? :P :pray::pray::pray: :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops:

As for me, suppose to rain all weekend, so perhaps I can get in a short run later this afternoon before my evening shift starts ... :think::think:

One week today and I will flyin' off to the 'Peg for what is turning out to be my Annual visit ... :shock: :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

cgraham
Bill Crothers

Postby cgraham » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:59 am

Dani - sounds like a great day for you yesterday. Hope that lunch goes well.

Nice and sunny here this morning, which was good for an easy 10k.

Very glad it's Friday.
2009 Highlights
Marathon - 2:54:05 (Mar 22 - Tokyo)
Half - 1:20:00 (Apr 26 - Hartwell)
5k - 17:09 (Acura 5k - Jul 19)
800m - 2:16.80 (York U - Jul 28 )
Now - Getting back my running fitness
My training log

Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!

"There are two types of injuries that we older runners get: those that we can run with and those that we can't. And if you're over 30 and don't have one or the other, you aren't training hard enough." - Younger Legs blog

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 am

Yay Dani, great news!! Enjoy your run!
Rest day for me... I've run 6 days this week and I've earned it! I'm taking my best friend out to dinner tonight. :D
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:17 am

I'll be bike commuting today. That is all. :D
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 am

Yay Dani!

Rest day for me. Going to the ball game tonight. We have the good seats, where the beer is $1 more, but there is more selection.
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:45 am

Dani wrote:It is pouring here, but...

Yesterday I had 3 good things happen (things happen in 3's)

I was told by one of my doctors that I don't have skin cancer. Really good that that one main symptom is ruled out as related to all my other crap. :)

Second, I found an old friend on FB and actually had a good chat!

And third, last week I had said "what the hell" and sent my resume to a company that would be my dream job. The first interview was last night and he wants to take me to lunch on Tuesday to work out the details!

So now I just need 525 tests to come back clean and get on with it already!

No flushing episodes in 2 weeks and 1 day. Maybe THIS time it is just gone...

So today at lunch I will run in the rain, hair be damned! :)

Have a wickedly awesome weekend! (in the words of my new boss in his last email. How cool is that??!!)

TOO good D!! Congratulations on all the good stuff :D
Jacqui

------------------------

MyTraining

दिवंगत
Bill Crothers

Postby दिवंगत » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:12 am

Wet Friday indeed; it looks like I am finally going to get an OW swim in today as someone from last year's group has grown a pair and agreed to brave the cold[ish] water in Welland! :D

Busy weekend ahead, running the Pearson Airport 5k tomorrow with Mrs. 1tri and then on Sunday the Muskoka Chase.

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:12 am

The rain started off as a nice easy steady rain...so I figured I'd drop the kids off at school, go get my coffee, drink it on the way home then go for a run.

Well, it is Road Construction season in the Maritimes, which means that some brilliant person in the Moncton City Works Dept thinks that its okay to resurface every single feeder road in Moncton all at the same time. So...what is normally a 5 minute trip turned into a 1 hour trip for a coffee. And by the time I realized it, I was committed and couldn't turn around and go home, thanks to all the detours.

So, I have coffee in hand and as I was coming home, figuring my run would start late, but still get done, the steady drizzle turned into a hard driving down pour...which has been going steady for 20 minutes now.

I've conceded that I won't be running today...

Just as well, I have some more moving logistics to figure out and a neighbor who is also moving to help with some of her own organization (she's never had a professional move before...so I'm sharing some of my tricks with her to make things go smoother, since she is moving from Moncton to Las Vegas)
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:24 am

52-min (awesome) swim done last night. Details in my training log.

Rest and travel day for me. Actually, the next FOUR days will be rest days, too! I leave for Rome this evening (8PM flight), arriving there at 11AM tomorrow morning to meet up with my beau. :D 8) I'm not even bringing my running gear with me!! :P

Lots of meetings today, an RMT appointment this afternoon, then it's off to the airport! :dance:

ETA: That's awesome news, Dani! I hope everything turns out well for you.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:37 am

Ahh La,

Sipping a nice Italian Red with new guy - in Italy even! Sooooo jealous.

OK, I guess in retrospect, DH has taken me to some pretty nice romantic places - I shouldn't complain too much!

In fact! We are off to the cottage for 4 days - and! for the first time in 11 years of marriage, we have the place TO OURSELVES! This will be cool :D Sad that I'll be keeping up todate with my BB though. I need help!

Well I made up for yesterdays lost swim in the evening by running 7 hilly K on the TM and topping it up with some core work and stretching.

Rest day today!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:09 am

Massage at noon. Soccer tonight but my back is still sore from wrenching it in last week's game.
Congrats on the job interview, Dani. Enjoy the run!
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

LisaB
Bill Crothers

Postby LisaB » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 am

Rest day for me. That stitch in my back from yesterday is still there... maybe I pulled something.. :x
Lisa
2012:
Resolution Run - 5km - done
Hypothermic Half - done
WPS Half Marathon - done
5km & Fargo Marathon - done - done
Air Force 5km - done
Manitoba Half Marathon - done
Try a Trail 6km - done
Lockport Half Marathon - done
Winnipeg 10/10 - 10km
Fire & Paramedic Half Marathon

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 am

Rest day - actually a rest weekend :D.

We have some family stuff going on, so my coach schedule me for a rest weekend prior to the final push towards the Half IM next month.

I may actually get to sleep in and I even get a free BBQ lunch today :).

Have a great day everyone,

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:30 am

Running home from work - a little 34km jog across the city. Leaving around 4:00pm - feel free to come out and cheer ;)
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 am

Excellent news Dani!

So envious of you La.... enjoy!!

Andy...it is NOT going to rain all weekend! I finally got some spunk so I will not allow it to rain on my parade. ;)

I finally got Skye out for a spin last evening. IB's thread shamed me .....Thanks James! I must remember not to eat curry before cycling. Despite the awful stomach cramps that would take my breath away and my new shoes that I was having a b**^*ch of a time getting clipped into, I had a FABULOUS 24 km ride. I can't believe it took me this long to get out there.

We have a work BBQ this afternoon so I plan on running on the canal path afterwards. I have a bunch of errands to run in order to prepare for a special BBQ I'm hosting tomorrow. :)

Also, I will be cheering at the Riverkeeper in the AM and then possibly going for a trail run in the afternoon in anticipation of eating/drinking too much in the evening. Anyone heading to the Gats?
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:59 am

Strider wrote:Running home from work - a little 34km jog across the city. Leaving around 4:00pm - feel free to come out and cheer ;)

I'll have a water station out and ready for you at the Kanata RR at 5:00pm, so feel free to drop by anytime .. :shifty: :lol: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

eljeffe
Bill Crothers

Postby eljeffe » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:58 am

Wet Friday! Going to Sasamat Lake for a wetsuit party. Our coaches have brought in the full line of Blue Seventy wetsuits to test out, then we BBQ at the lake after.

Too bad my coaches' idea of "testing" involves me swimming 2 laps of the lake. (4.4km) :(

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:01 am

eljeffe wrote:Wet Friday! Going to Sasamat Lake for a wetsuit party. Our coaches have brought in the full line of Blue Seventy wetsuits to test out, then we BBQ at the lake after.

Too bad my coaches' idea of "testing" involves me swimming 2 laps of the lake. (4.4km) :(

How many of the suits do you have to test? :lol: I hope you get lots of food afterwards!
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:27 am

One day mini-taper in prep for the Riverkeep tomorrow, so no running and no bike commute for me today. I am going to go get in a short OW swim after work to see just how cold this water actually is!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:28 am

sounds like a good friday for lots of people. :)

rest day for me... my hip has been really sore all week (my muscles are better on the hills and now my joints are going through their rounds... should be through it soon I hope!).

Tomorrow is a long run. I want a VERY long run, but we'll see how my hip feels (how many IBU can I take per hour without significantly increasing my risk of water poisoning?? ;)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am

ultraslacker wrote:(how many IBU can I take per hour without significantly increasing my risk of water poisoning?? ;)

Personally, I wouldn't take any during exercise (too hard on the liver). I'd save them for after.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Return to “General Running Discussion”