Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Re: 2011 Vancouver Marathon - Hoopla

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:29 pm

HiPerformanceSpirit wrote:Cool, I get to meet Ian.

And awesome...I get to see Ian again!!! It was great meeting you at the M&G on Friday night in 2009!
I still remember cheering for you :D
Hard to forget Speedsters...and nice guys...like you :D :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:30 pm

r4l wrote:For those who haven't registered yet you can get a discount of 15% if you register with the Runners' Den 'team' for the race. The Runners' Den applied for a team discount for this year and we were told we could pass that info along. You will see the prompt for team when you register and if you open it the Runners' Den appears in the list. You will automatically get the discounted price when you check out.

I just registered and didn't get any discount (that I know of). $123.20 is being charged to my credit card. :?
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Marathon
ultra monk -- #Bib 194
HCmD -- Bib #441
ErinMcD
Jogger Barbie
Terrific Whatsit
r4l
ultraslacker
jump145
Tikey
Habs4ever--Bib # 2239
ian (#2235)

1/2 Marathon
carm (finishing and then moving to the cheering squad for everyone doing the full!)
running goddess
lisaannr
SuperBob
Jwolf
BJH
Marymac442

8K Run

Kids MaraFun
r4l son 1
r4l son 2
Tikey son 1
Tikey son 2

Cheering, Partying and Otherwise Making Merry
seuss, Thing 2, Thing 1, mr seuss

Going Bald
Jo-Jo
ultra monk[/quote]

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
r4l wrote:For those who haven't registered yet you can get a discount of 15% if you register with the Runners' Den 'team' for the race. The Runners' Den applied for a team discount for this year and we were told we could pass that info along. You will see the prompt for team when you register and if you open it the Runners' Den appears in the list. You will automatically get the discounted price when you check out.

I just registered and didn't get any discount (that I know of). $123.20 is being charged to my credit card. :?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I get to meet you.....totally thrilled about this :D :D :D

ETA:...oh duh...I guess if I'd been following your log I would have figured this out from the title...hey...never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer :roll: :roll:
But...I am crabby...doesn't that count for something :lol: :lol: :wink:
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Habs4ever wrote:

Ok that's odd..................
E-mail said 15% discount.
Sorry Sue. :(
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

2011 Vancouver Marathon - Hoopla

Postby Jwolf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 pm

r4l wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:

Maybe you have to be on the Den's list?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Jwolf wrote:
r4l wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:

Maybe you have to be on the Den's list?

I wouldn't think so. They said to pass the info along to any and all running friends................
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Scotia Half - June 25th
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I get to meet you.....totally thrilled about this :D :D :D

ETA:...oh duh...I guess if I'd been following your log I would have figured this out from the title...hey...never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer :roll: :roll:
But...I am crabby...doesn't that count for something :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol: Yup, crabby is good, 'cause that's how I've been feeling lately. :lol: I can't wait to meet everyone. :dance:

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 pm

r4l wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:

No worries. I did put in Runner's Den, it was on the list.
There may be a code to put in; in two separate places it did have a spot for that.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

2011 Vancouver Marathon - Hoopla

Postby Jwolf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:34 pm

One interesting thing I noticed about the registration: the registration website fees are INCLUDED in the total fees listed and not annoyingly added on at the end. Of course the 12% HST is added after the listed fees.

Still- $110+ for this thing is steep. I better really want to do this. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Jwolf wrote:One interesting thing I noticed about the registration: the registration website fees are INCLUDED in the total fees listed and not annoyingly added on at the end. Of course the 12% HST is added after the listed fees.

Still- $110+ for this thing is steep. I better really want to do this. :)

I live in Alberta, I shouldn't have to pay the 12%. :lol:

Jogger Barbie
Bill Crothers

Postby Jogger Barbie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Jwolf wrote:Still- $110+ for this thing is steep. I better really want to do this. :)

You do. You reallly do :)
Jacqueline
--------------
19 marathons (3:24:56), 9 30 km ATBs (2:21:33), 2 Midsummer 30 km (2:22:07), 15 half marathons (1:33:53), 5 10 Ks (44:17), 1 5K (22:59), 1 50 K (4:29:22)
2015: London :)
2016: Boston, followed by injury rehab and then ???

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Flights are booked.

I'm just back to running after a two month sabatical while my doctor and I try to sort out some health issues...still not sorted out. But she has given me the go ahead to start running again. I feel like I'm starting over :( .

Hopefully a 12 week HalfM program is doable.

Part of me thought of taking a pass on the Hoopla but the lure of wearing a wild costume on a race course was too much to resist. :D :wink:

Thanks r4l for the encouragement. BTW...how could I not go when I know you're rennovating just for me :lol: :lol: :wink:

Arriving Wednesday and departing Monday...flying Westjet for the first time :D :D :D

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:Flights are booked.

I'm just back to running after a two month sabatical while my doctor and I try to sort out some health issues...still not sorted out. But she has given me the go ahead to start running again. I feel like I'm starting over :( .

Part of me thought of taking a pass on the Hoopla but the lure of wearing a wild costume on a race course was too much to resist. :D :wink:

Thanks r4l for the encouragement. BTW...how could I not go when I know you're rennovating just for me :lol: :lol: :wink:

Arriving Wednesday and departing Monday...flying Westjet for the first time :D :D :D

:ymparty:

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:17 am

Jo-Jo there is no way we were going to have this party without you!

I'm hoping the renos will be to your liking. We painted the walls blue but I'm looking for ORANGE accent pieces for your bedroom. And, of course, a nice dresser for you to put your tutu. :wink:
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Scotia Half - June 25th
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:33 am

WestJet is having a 72 hour Seat Sale as of this morning ... :shock: :?

Not sure what you paid, but you may want to check on the savings ... as, I do believe that they offer a "Price Guarantee" and would usually credit the difference to your account for a future flight with them, if I recall correctly .... :think: :think: :think:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:55 pm

HCmD wrote:WestJet is having a 72 hour Seat Sale as of this morning ...

Thanks for the heads up. I booked a return trip for about $300, taxes included. (Then I booked my June conference flights to the other coast; four WJ transactions in an hour ought to set off the fraud alarm on my credit card...)

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

ian wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I booked a return trip for about $300, taxes included. (Then I booked my June conference flights to the other coast; four WJ transactions in an hour ought to set off the fraud alarm on my credit card...)

Just check AC as well, YYC-YVR, <$300 as well, some good deals out there right now

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm

mcshame wrote:
ian wrote:

Just check AC as well, YYC-YVR, <$300 as well, some good deals out there right now

You sound like an AC Sympathizer, Lorne ... :shifty: :lol: :wink:

As for me, I don't discriminate ... as I am flying down via WJ and returning via AC ... :shifty: :P :wink:

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:52 pm

HCmD wrote:

Not sure what you paid, but you may want to check on the savings ... as, I do believe that they offer a "Price Guarantee" and would usually credit the difference to your account for a future flight with them, if I recall correctly .... :think: :think: :think:

Thanks Andy :D
Phoned...and got a credit!!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:22 am

Jo-Jo wrote:
HCmD wrote:

Thanks Andy :D
Phoned...and got a credit!!

You're welcome ... :P

Can I assume that the savings/credit you received will be going to the C-Moss Treat Fund ??? :shifty: :P :wink:

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Got my flights booked today- arriving @ 10:30am on Thursday, leaving @ 12:30pm on Monday, AC both ways. Now I just need to get around to registering.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:21 pm

erinmcd wrote:Got my flights booked today- arriving @ 10:30am on Thursday, leaving @ 12:30pm on Monday, AC both ways. Now I just need to get around to registering.

Did we not get an email, just this week, that the race is SOLD OUT ? :shock: :shifty:

j/k :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops:

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 pm

HCmD wrote:
erinmcd wrote:Got my flights booked today- arriving @ 10:30am on Thursday, leaving @ 12:30pm on Monday, AC both ways. Now I just need to get around to registering.

Did we not get an email, just this week, that the race is SOLD OUT ? :shock: :shifty:

j/k :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops:

That was just nasty.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Return to “General Running Discussion”