Wind Chill Tuesday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Re: Wind Chill Tuesday

Postby runJrun » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Hard kick/cardio class last night - I worked it hard! Tonight long doggie walk followed by 90 mins of hot yoga :)
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Ran on the TM at the gym for 40 minutes today:

10 min @ 6.7 mph
10 min @ 6.8 mph
10 min @ 6.9 mph
10 min @ 7.0 mph
2 min walking cooldown.

7.53 km in 42 minutes (5:35/km).
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Ran a nice easy 40 min recovery run with Lukie. BTW just to brag I ran in capris and short sleeves yet again.
IMC 2015

Corpus Cani
Tom Longboat

Postby Corpus Cani » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 pm

29c and humid here - possible showers later.

It's also 11 months till Christmas
Not the quarry but the chase,
not the trophy but the race.

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Corpus Cani wrote:29c and humid here - possible showers later.

It's also 11 months till Christmas

Happy Australia Day, Mick!
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Did my 11.5km run commute today. It felt tough this morning - perhaps I didn't sleep quite enough last night. But I was happy to do it! Now, tonight will feel like a night off. :)
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Off to The Dome -- I know what the plan says -- my head is just not agreeing :oops: -- will report back later.... :?
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 pm

just ran a whole bunch of errands on foot (I love that my entire life exists within a 5k radius).

tonight will be trail run with my night running group. :) hopefully it will rain so I can try out my new rain running jacket! (this one: http://www.sugoi.com/usa/eng/Products/B ... ite-Jacket)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:46 pm

ultraslacker wrote:just ran a whole bunch of errands on foot (I love that my entire life exists within a 5k radius).

tonight will be trail run with my night running group. :) hopefully it will rain so I can try out my new rain running jacket! (this one: http://www.sugoi.com/usa/eng/Products/B ... ite-Jacket)

:lol: Most people don't want it to rain.

13k, felt strong again today. :D
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:just ran a whole bunch of errands on foot (I love that my entire life exists within a 5k radius).

well yesterday I only ran 7 miles and I gained about 5lb in water. Hopefully my new coat will keep me drier! (at least, half of me!)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

ultraslacker wrote:jmy new rain running jacket! (this one: http://www.sugoi.com/usa/eng/Products/B ... ite-Jacket)

Nice :mrgreen:

Ran after work. Usually I don't like running at the end of the day but one good thing was that it had warmed up to -8.
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Wind Chill Tuesday

Postby Kelodie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:51 pm

I went swimming after work and swam 230m freestyle non-stop for the first time ever!!! Woohoo!!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Tikey wrote:
mcshame wrote:I know that we are coming out of the chill in the east but I got big wakeup call today. -18C, -26WC. That's at least 10C warmer than the last couple of days. Thermal tights, 2 layers on top + shell, balaclava and hat. Sounds pretty safe, eh? Nice snow falling, blowing from the NE. When I turned into it on the 2nd half back, the front of my legs were freezing and even started burning a bit, there was nothing I could do but try to get to the house faster. I needed a thermal underwear layer for my legs. They seem fine and redness is gone, but into my 5th year running, another first.

oh, 11k with a pathetic attempt at 4k of tempo, I'd like to blame the traction, but it wasn't that (-|
Still glad I ran!

Nothing like a little frost bite to start your day!! LOL

I didn't think the bike commute was so bad in the morning & certainly, it was much nicer at night :D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Kelodie wrote:I went swimming after work and swam 230m freestyle non-stop for the first time ever!!! Woohoo!!

Woohoo! Congrats :dance:

Geisha Girl
Johnny Miles

Postby Geisha Girl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 pm

earlier in the day took the pup for a walk down and up pottery rd. not sure of the distance but happy to report she is becoming a great walker - we will be running in the spring. :dance:

2.5km on the TM - 3.5 km on the bike. stayed inside - stayed warm.
"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you." --William James

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:

well yesterday I only ran 7 miles and I gained about 5lb in water. Hopefully my new coat will keep me drier! (at least, half of me!)

almost time to go and it's not even raining. :(

I just realized that my new jacket does not have pockets. Why do they not put pockets in these things?! I wonder if I should exchange it for a different one... but he said this is the best one for keeping dry.

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm

10km tonight.

The canal looks very nice. Being a bit warmer, there were quite a bit of people.

Starting packing for my trip to Vail/Beaver Creek on Thursday.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 pm

8.8 km easy run in 45 minutes for me tonight.
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Will need a full report when you try it out.

I saw those jackets in the stores on the weekend when I was doing the rounds, however, I already have two rain running jackets so really can't justify buying another even though they are both too heavy and/or impermiable to actually wear for long.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Postby seuss » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

marymac442 wrote:

Will need a full report when you try it out.

I saw those jackets in the stores on the weekend when I was doing the rounds, however, I already have two rain running jackets so really can't justify buying another even though they are both too heavy and/or impermiable to actually wear for long.

i love mine - better than any other jacket i have [and i have a lot!]
2010 - gone viral?
2011 - mitochondrial mystery tour

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Seuss, do you have the same one as me? We can be jacket twins. :)

I am wearing it tonight even though it isn't raining... Maybe the skies will open up! Lol

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Postby seuss » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 pm

ultraslacker wrote:Seuss, do you have the same one as me? We can be jacket twins. :)

I am wearing it tonight even though it isn't raining... Maybe the skies will open up! Lol

did you get the white one or the blue one? i got blue because mr seuss got white. now i wish i had white.

in addition to the waterproof one, i have 4 new Sugois for Christmas - 2 are Helium which are super lightweight. the other 2 are pretty - one aqua, one pink. with the number of jackets i have, i could be twins with almost anyone.
2010 - gone viral?

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Postby seuss » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 pm

seuss wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:Seuss, do you have the same one as me? We can be jacket twins. :)

did you get the white one or the blue one? i got blue because mr seuss got white. now i wish i had white.

in addition to the waterproof one, i have 4 new Sugois for Christmas - 2 are Helium which are super lightweight. the other 2 are pretty - one aqua, one pink. with the number of jackets i have, i could be twins with almost anyone.

i planned to wear mine this afternoon, but had 3 other jackets in the car for a last minute change of mind or weather. then the walk was cancelled.
2010 - gone viral?

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 pm

A good 30 minute run on the TM at the gym and a lovely walk back to the barracks in perfect winter weather (not cold, no wind, lightly falling snow).

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Coached speed work tonight. The main part of the workout was 5 x 4 minutes hard with 2 minutes rest. Pace for all 5 work intervals was sub 5:00, not bad for not having done speed work in about a month. 8)
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

Return to “General Running Discussion”