Aprilis XXV, MMXI

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Aprilis XXV, MMXI

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 am

Perhaps 5k tonight... or perhaps not :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Aprilis XXV, MMXI

Postby La » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 am

Ugh, I'm torn (not literally). I didn't get a long run done this weekend. I want/need one more 2-hour run before Missy on the 15th (and I'm racing SL this Sunday). The weather yesterday would have been perfect, but I just didn't want to do 2 hours in Montreal on the last day of my long weekend. So I thought I'd do a 2-hour run after work today. But now the weather network is calling for rain (heavy at times) starting later today. Great. If I don't do it today it's not going to happen. Stay tuned...
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 am

hannah the little blue wonder dog must be tired out from Easter weekend ... or I am getting faster ... she was lagging a bit :lol: Took a cruise around the subdivision being built. Short 4K but I felt great. Stride changing and I had a good kick going. Looked at the garmin and I was a full minute faster then usual and holding pace and feeling great! Not sure I could run a half or full at that speed yet but felt like it was something I could definitely work towards! Got home and went to see my overall pace on the garmin and it said I ran 2K. Excuse me? No way! I remember looking at it around the 2k mark and figured I hit the off button by mistake. Sigh. Checked the map on the computer and realized it shut off at a point where I had not looked at it at all so it appears it just spontaneously shut the timer off! :evil: on what felt like one of my best runs :evil: Oh well, at least it was not a long run! Hope it is not dying. Made me wonder though, that fancy new touch one they have out ... wonder how touch sensitive it is to sleeves etc ... but i guess they figured that all in ...

ART at 10 and the rest of the day OFF! Sun today, ark building resumes tomorrow!

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 am

I am headed out for my long run shortly. Planning to do some of the new sections of the Ottawa Marathon course.
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:53 am

9.7K recovery run (6x1mile loops around the condo) in 1 hour even. Very relaxed and enjoyable!

Lots of stretching and upper body/core work folowed. All in all a great start to the day!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 am

14k total this morning with intervals! Warm up, then 8x3 min hard, 3 min easy, then cool down.
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 am

Nice to have an extended weekend, sleeping in till past 9am this morning .... 8) Was supposed to have been a scheduled rest day today, but, will be travelling on Thursday and figured that I might as well get that run in today ... Not sure where it came from, but the legs were a bit jumpy ... 5K / 21:30 ... :shifty: :P

Just 3 more sleeps before flying out to Vancouver to meet up with a bunch of Maniacs this weekend !!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:29 am

I plan on 10km at lunch - it is supposed to hit 18 today, cannot wait to run in shorts :) Got in some running and swimming this weekend, feels good to be kind of getting back on track.

Happy Easter Monday!
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 am

runJrun wrote:I plan on 10km at lunch - it is supposed to hit 18 today, cannot wait to run in shorts :) Got in some running and swimming this weekend, feels good to be kind of getting back on track.

Happy Easter Monday!

Glad you're healed up!!

Just under 11 km this morning. Perfect running weather!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 am

HCcD wrote: ... Not sure where it came from, but the legs were a bit jumpy ... 5K / 21:30 ...

It's called taper, you are suppose to be harnessing it, not using it up.

Elliptical and Strength at lunch today. Nice light traffic, but I bet the club will be busy.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 am

Strider wrote:
HCcD wrote: ... Not sure where it came from, but the legs were a bit jumpy ... 5K / 21:30 ...

It's called taper, you are suppose to be harnessing it, not using it up.

Elliptical and Strength at lunch today. Nice light traffic, but I bet the club will be busy.

Only easy efforts from now till Sunday .. :shifty: Promise ... :angel: :angel: :angel:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

fingerboy
Bill Crothers

Postby fingerboy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:16 am

Rest or bike day for me,

I kinda had a slow week mid month with only a couple workouts in between, but a 3 day weekend led to the following high qual workouts:

Fri - 10.3 mi warm up in 1:32 with my father
5 mi in intervals for 30 min - 5 x .5 @ 10mph, 5 x .5 @ 8mph

Sat - 16 mi easy out - pick up back for 2:10
1.5 mi on the mill at 9.3 mph but then I traded speed for a walk

Sun - 20.1 mi easy pace - 2:39 run with a group just to keep my focus and make sure I got what might be my last 20miler in before the marathon in 3 weeks. (Note the easy pace part also due to the fact most of it was downhill)

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:32 am

Got in a 2200m swim yesterday afternoon at the Lawson in Regina - was very quiet there and had the lane to myself for the entire time!

Today - another 2200m swim on tap - this time here in YYC.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 am

today:
walking the dog
bathing the dog
cleaning my apartment (habs is coming on Friday! yay! :)
laundry
and if there is time, maybe I'll throw in some napping and reading. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 am

Another rest day. I'm starting to get used to this.

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Working today, ugh... I am soooo far behind.

Will do an "easy" run later today, legs feel good after yesterdays "LSD". Also need to start incorporate some core workouts. :oops:
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm

La wrote:Ugh, I'm torn (not literally). I didn't get a long run done this weekend. I want/need one more 2-hour run before Missy on the 15th (and I'm racing SL this Sunday). The weather yesterday would have been perfect, but I just didn't want to do 2 hours in Montreal on the last day of my long weekend. So I thought I'd do a 2-hour run after work today. But now the weather network is calling for rain (heavy at times) starting later today. Great. If I don't do it today it's not going to happen. Stay tuned...

Get out there... you're not made of sugar. ;) At least it's not snow!

I did a 5K time trial this morning in 21:59, and an easy 5K jog home. This one felt harder than my last two and it was slower, but oh well. It was morning. I love Easter Monday... time to go do my civic duty and vote, then go to the library. Fast times in the big city, what can I say. Hehehe.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Ended up doing 32.3 km in 2:45. It was a perfect day for a long run. I could have kept going but did not want to push it.

I tired a couple of the new sections of the Ottawa Marathon course in the process.
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:33 pm

QuickChick wrote:
La wrote:Ugh, I'm torn (not literally). I didn't get a long run done this weekend. I want/need one more 2-hour run before Missy on the 15th (and I'm racing SL this Sunday). The weather yesterday would have been perfect, but I just didn't want to do 2 hours in Montreal on the last day of my long weekend. So I thought I'd do a 2-hour run after work today. But now the weather network is calling for rain (heavy at times) starting later today. Great. If I don't do it today it's not going to happen. Stay tuned...

Get out there... you're not made of sugar. ;) At least it's not snow!

The rain has already begun. :x
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Aprilis XXV, MMXI

Postby QuickChick » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah, it's yucky. Supposed to be for next few days. This spring has not been the nicest, that's for sure.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

candlerun
Bruce Kidd

Postby candlerun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:21 pm

+14 here, sunny, but windy... planned on biking to the next town and back on the back roads but between the wind and the road being washed out, I did not make it that far. :roll: So, half hour done and now relaxing.
Hypohalf - Check
Sask Half Marathon - PB 2:23:09
Bridge City Boogie 5k - 33:19 and a broken leg...
Mogathon 5k (in wheelchair) - Had a Blast!
Queen City Half Marathon
Nike Womens Half Marathon - in memory of my Grandma, MIL Natalie, my cousin Gary, many others, and most recently my Uncle Allan and my Great Uncle Paul.
Wishes
Edmonton Derby Half - not going to happen due to break
To sign up for a few smaller ones along the way - maybe some late fall small ones

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. ~John Bingham

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:12 pm

15km easy this afternoon. The legs felt pretty good after yesterday's 36km. Rest of the week; rain...
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

barebuns1
Bill Crothers

Postby barebuns1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Yesterday my long run turned into a short 16km. Today I am going for about 5km when I get home from Starbuck's. :)
If you have to ask me why I Run, You probably wouldn't understand!

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:03 pm

The good news I ran 5 miles under 1h (well barely but still :D )

The sort of bad news, it was hard! I feel so out of shape. Which gets me totally stressed about Ottawa in May... :( Urgh, I'll see how this week goes as I am back on schedule full speed..........
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Dr. S wrote:The good news I ran 5 miles under 1h (well barely but still :D )

The sort of bad news, it was hard! I feel so out of shape. Which gets me totally stressed about Ottawa in May... :( Urgh, I'll see how this week goes as I am back on schedule full speed..........

Sonia - Don't stress about Ottawa, just relish in the fact you're out running. Your lungs took a major hit, so it's natural to feel out of shape. You've got 4 weeks to work everything out. Put on a big :D and full speed ahead!

Nothing major here today - a quick 7k with Piko pup this afternoon, before the weather started getting funky. Looks like rain all week, such joy...

Return to “General Running Discussion”