Tuesday, Tuesday!!!!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Tuesday, Tuesday!!!!

Postby RA. » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:35 am

Okay, so first day of my new training schedule. I got out, but I didn't do the whole 5K as planned, probably closer to 4K. I am going on 4 hours sleep. Me and the guy ended things last night, and it's really hard to run when you are upset. better days ahead, right? at least he won't be getting in the way of my running anymore. still sad. :cry:

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:39 am

Angel- So sorry to hear that. Run through the bad times and hopefully it will all work out for the best in the end. Also treat yourself this week to something totally girly and splurging (shopping? a pedicure?). Make sure you look after yourself!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:40 am

Today for me- 6k planned later this afternoon. It may be the last run before my wedding this saturday and 2 week honeymoon, so i better enjoy it!

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:45 am

Angela, sorry to hear that, keep on running, it has really helped me through some tough times.

Erin, do you mean to say that you're not running on your honeymoon?

Recovery ride for me today - 24km commute to and from work. My quads were kind of resistant to the first climb, but I felt great by the time I got to work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Scott

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 am

Ran 10K (2K warmup - 6K tempo - 2K cooldown) at an average pace of 5:22. Beautiful day here in HRM, picking up my race kit today for next Sunday's 10K race. Sorry to hear about what's going on Running Angel, I could try and comfort you by repeating some "cliches" you probably heard a thousand times from all your friends but instead I'm just going to tell you to smile, keep your chin up and charge on, you're a winner!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Stephan

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:53 am

Scottie_M wrote:Erin, do you mean to say that you're not running on your honeymoon?

The clothes and shoes will be packed, but i dont know if they will actually be used. My fiance is very supportive of my running, but he may draw the line at getting up early to run on the honeymoon. Lots of good rich food and 30C+ in Turkey probably wont be motivators either! :wink:

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:05 am

Sorry to hear about the breakup, Angel. Chin up!

My plans to swim last night were foiled because I got to the pool at 5PM only to find that they had changed the time for summer swim to 7-8PM. Aack! Since I had a party to go to (at BJH's), I had to bail on the swim.

Today, rode into the gym and did a Gravity class. There was a substitute instructor and I didn't like her :( .

Tonight, I'll go for a bike ride, but no run after as I'm still nursing the sore hip.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:06 am

easy 4 today... my legs are still tired from sunday so I'll be taking it nice and easy. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

wrathy
Johnny Miles

Postby wrathy » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:08 am

Swim for me tonight with the team. I think practice is for about an hour.
Kristina
"the universe is unfolding as it should........."

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:11 am

Rest day today....read yoga, yoga, yoga.

My run last night went fantastic, I can't wait to get out tomorrow. Hubby came with me, which was fun, he's my favorite running buddy yet....my competitive nature makes me try harder/run a bit faster, just to spite him....heeheee....but he also continuously tells me how proud he is of me, and that I can make it just a bit farther. He pushes me to push myself, but won't let me go to hard.

Anyway, I am gonna get back into my yoga routine today, I revisited it for the first time since I broke my tailbone (Feb) last night after my run, and damn did it feel good. So I am gonna try to get back to doing my Yoga routine everyday....I can do that in the morning, cuz my kids like to do it with me.....and it is too cute to see a three year old and a two year old doing downward dog into cobra.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

hyajil
Bill Crothers

Postby hyajil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:14 am

Today is my rest day - thank goodness! Swimming last night was mostly with the pull-buoy and my shoulders and arms are feeling it now.

Running Angel, too bad about you and your guy, definitely do something special for you today.

Monolithic
Johnny Miles

Postby Monolithic » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:22 am

Going to run "the hill" tonight...and about 20minutes on the heavy bag...(first one with a wife joke gets a black eye) :shock:

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:24 am

Today I had planned a:
3k GP
3x3k T with 2 minutes between
5k GP

This is one of my favourite workouts, but alas...a few more days, and my leg will be completly healed.

--Interested dream last night. I was told I had day to live, and the first thing I wanted to do that day was run a marathon.
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:56 am

Angela, sorry to hear the sad news. I guess it just wasn't to be. Enjoy the change.

Stretching and strengthening today and then watch my wife race the Xerox 10K here in Ottawa.

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:59 am

Good luck to Mrs. Nick!!

Scott

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:04 am

Rode the bike to work again but will do 4-5 k run tonight
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:22 am

Alrighty, I have never actually replied to a "daily" thread....so, I figured today is a great day to start! From my understand, I just write down my workout for today (and, I assume this is supposed to keep me accountable, right?) ;)

I'm running 7k today....from my house to the Xerox 10k race to volunteer! Then....maybe run home....maybe bus home! :)

I'm also going to go check out some gyms downtown - I'm in need of some Core workouts.....cheaper to join a gym than to pay for classes I think....
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:34 am

irongirl wrote:I'm also going to go check out some gyms downtown - I'm in need of some Core workouts.....cheaper to join a gym than to pay for classes I think....

Check these out, irongirl.....

15. CYCLEFIT - CORE STRENGTH PROGRAM FOR THE FALL
Sylvie D'Aoust (General Comments)
skip to next Back to top

CORE Strength 8wk program ALL DETAILS ARE ON-LINE

Monday night OR Wednesday night
5:15-6:00pm

8 spots available for registration
2 spots available for drop-ins (must call to reserve)

Starts:
Session 1:
Monday: Sept 12 - Oct 31
Wednesday: Sept 7-Oct 26
BOTH Mon & Wed: Sept 7 - Oct 31

Session 2:
Monday: Nov 7 - Dec 19 (7wk @ $65)
Wednesday: Nov 2 - Dec 14 (7wk @ $65)
BOTH MOn & Wed: Nov 2 - Dec 19

Instructor: Sylvie D'Aoust

Price:
$75 8wk program
$65 7wk program
$105 2xwk 8wk program
$95 2xwk 7wk program
$15 drop-in (must call to reserve spot)
REGISTER at www.cyclefit.ca/rates or call 231-6985 for more details

The ultimate overall body workout!
This is a great program for ALL fitness levels young or old, that encompasses strength exercises for legs, upper body, arms, with a large componant dedicated to strengthening the CORE (abs & lower back) using the BOSU, mats, and elastic bands.

Build muscle, tone, feel great, lose weight and look awesome.

Our CORE strength program is a great addition to your daily routine, running, biking, swimming ....programs and everyday life. Fitness enthusiasts from beginners to elite athletes can benefit from strengthening the core-back and abs.
With our new program you'll get that and more.

Sylvie D'Aoust
sylvie@cyclefit.ca
www.cyclefit.ca
Sylvie D'Aoust
www.cyclefit.ca

Got up early this morning around 5:00am and headed out the door around 5:30am for my longest run since I tore my achilles tendons back in April .... Ran 17.7K ... woohoo .... :lol: I know it's puny compared to all you marathoners out there running 25-30K each week, but for me ... woohoo ...

andy :) Peace !!!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:41 am

HCD wrote:Got up early this morning around 5:00am and headed out the door around 5:30am for my longest run since I tore my achilles tendons back in April .... Ran 17.7K ... woohoo .... :lol: I know it's puny compared to all you marathoners out there running 25-30K each week, but for me ... woohoo ...

andy :) Peace !!!!

17.7 on a Tuesday morning is quite the distance!! good job!
Last edited by Irongirl on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:42 am

Xerox 10K day! Sooooo excited :D

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 am

Saw you on your 17k Anderoooo...nice tempo!

Did not do my ride last night....hit some sorta 12hr bug, so will probably take tonight off to...Sunday will come quick, so I must take care!

Bman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

The Donald
Jerome Drayton

Postby The Donald » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:52 am

8k tempo in the rain. It is hard to get motivated to run in the rain for me. Oh well, Superman had kryptonite.....rain it is!

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:27 am

Taper, taper, taper. Just going to take it easy, may go and do some ab work at lunch :) Five more sleeps. I had a dream about the marathon last night, my running friend fell in a hole and I could not find her, then I realized I was wearing long pants and a long shirt and was so so hot I could hardly run. I remember in my dream reaching the 10k marker and looking at my watch and over 2 hours had passed already....yikes. Anyone have any idea what these dreams mean?????

Tonight going to pick up the new laptop, i am excited, I have never had a computer at home. Next week I am off Tuesday through to Friday due to some major dental surgery, so I am going to get addicted to The Sims game :D Have a good one everybody!

Jocelyn 8)

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:34 am

jbenson wrote:. Anyone have any idea what these dreams mean?????
Jocelyn 8)

Yes, you're tapering and have got the "tapering sillies"

Best of luck with both the taper and the marathon, Jocelyn

Scott

Hey, 10 more to addict status - my employers will be so proud of me...
Last edited by Scott on Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:43 am

Hi Angela, sorry to hear about your news. But congrats on still getting out there, nice work.

Andy 17.7 K! Excellent, nice work as well.

I am planning on doing 15 or 16K in the south end this afternoon. I have to get a firm training plan in action. Probably do that tonight as well.
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

Return to “General Running Discussion”