Best Running Schwag

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Portentous
Bill Crothers

Best Running Schwag

Postby Portentous » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:54 pm

RR's Resolution run always seems to be incredible, but I can't see the wife agreeing to not going to florida so I can do a race :( For those staying aroiund, I see that they are giving away watches that will work for walk breaks.

But, now I found something even better. This is perhaps the best giveaway I've ever heard of... But, I still want to wait to do my 1st marathon, and while I have a friend in California, that I need to visit, he's 6 hours away from LA. So, I am out.

But, check this out http://www.pesm.active.com/exec/psm/son ... tionID=313 for your chance to run an oceanfront marathon, and get a free Sony MP3 player!

So, anyone else know about some great giveaways. Even if it's just a great shirt, we all love the freebies!

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Re: Best Running Schwag

Postby Run26.2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:59 pm

kzod wrote: we all love the freebies!

As Fred Taylor, running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars once said, "If it's free, it's me" (when asked why he was availing himself of the free psychological services offered by the team even though he had no issues to discuss)... 8)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

paulg
Tom Longboat

Postby paulg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:00 pm

Make sure your allowed to wear it during the race, you just never know :)

Paul

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:02 pm

I'm digging this trend toward races giving out technical shirts. This year's Missisauga and Ottawa marathon shirts were both great!

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:54 am

The Sporting Life 10K in Toronto gives out a New Balance technical tee. That was great. I'm also liking the races that screen your number on the front of the tech shirt.....though it's on there permanently, it's still nice on race day!
"Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them."

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:54 am

Longboat Race in Toronto is giving out technical shirts as well, to the first 800 registered. So far they only list about 300 confirmed so you have lots of time!

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:58 am

Also, not that affects me personally, but it seems some races are becoming aware of women's need for smaller shirt sizes. I see fewer and fewer lady racers being swallowed up in their promo shirts.

runlikeagirl
Bill Crothers

Postby runlikeagirl » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:02 am

dgrant wrote:Also, not that affects me personally, but it seems some races are becoming aware of women's need for smaller shirt sizes. I see fewer and fewer lady racers being swallowed up in their promo shirts.

yes, this is a great thing. i personally hate it when you are given a "unisex" shirt that is basically a mens large or x-large shirt.

bunsontherun
Bill Crothers

Postby bunsontherun » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:48 am

While volunteering at the Calgary Marathon, the full and half marathoners were given technical shirts. The full got long sleeve and the halfers got short sleeves.
During the last two or three hours of the half marathon race package pickup there seemed to be a flurry of last minute registrations, and we ended up giving away all the small shirts. Needless to say, when others who were pre-registered showed up near closing, they were understandingly upset that there were no more small short sleeves shirts for them. One of the organizeers, Marc D. quickly resolved the situation by offering up the small full marathon long sleeve shirts. Although many of the runners were upset, it was a nice compromise. There will undoubtedly be a lot more small size half marathon shirts next year.
Professional Hugger.

Next Up: Other races!!!

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:55 am

Run for the Toad gives a GREAT bag -- although I am starting to have a hard time finding a place to put all these bags, between the two Toad bags I already have and the RR one!

Check this out:

http://www.runforthetoad.com/registrationgift.html

I can advertise it now, because I am already registered. They are only taking 550 runners and it is filling up fast. This event is a 25K & 50K trail run. Hmmmm, guess I should post this under the "Events" area too.
Jane

Return to “General Running Discussion”