Ottawa Race Weekend 2014: Pacer Accountability

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Re: Ottawa Race Weekend 2014: Pacer Accountability

Postby Miss*Smiles » Fri May 30, 2014 7:04 am

Well done bunnies and hats off to you Mark!
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sat May 31, 2014 6:33 pm

canalrunner wrote:
Irongirl wrote:Would you consider using split times as well in your golden ears decision? :-)

I finished right around the 2:30 continuous half bunny.

At 1 km left, he took of in a sprint that made everyone look at him in confusion. We all commented on it, that's how noticeable it was. I've actually never seen anything like it before.

Having said this...thank you for doing all the organizing! It's a big job, and you pick great bunnies!

I would except I probably do enough math on this as it is (also rough guess is I spend 80 hours organizing for each race). Also Sportstats seems less searchable than it has been (I put Bunny as part of a first name). I do spot check when I hear and usually email chat.

BTW the 230C was female and she was on pace at 10k but she actually stopped pacing because of injury...so it may have been someone carrying the sign. I did a quick check of the RW pacer (male) and his pace was great at 10k--actually about 15 seconds in the bank and finished with 7 seconds so he slowed down in the second half. Not exactly sure what to say. Perhaps it was the RW pacer who would be running his last k about 10 seconds faster per k than the 230 run pace.

I do try to encourage 1) even pace 2) pacers telling people where they are to pace at key times so hopefully if a pacer is behind at 10, 15 k etc...that they are letting people know, if that are going to have to pick up the pace.

just saw your response now.

1 - thanks for taking the time to response.....
2 - 80 hours?! that's phenomenal. I knew it was a lot, but, definitely did not realize it was that much. I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was questioning things....it was seriously one of the oddest bunny moments I've seen - so, I figured I'd mention it. (maybe a private e-mail next time would have been more appropriate!)

:)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

canalrunner
Bill Crothers

Postby canalrunner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Irongirl wrote:
canalrunner wrote:
Irongirl wrote:Would you consider using split times as well in your golden ears decision? :-)

At 1 km left, he took of in a sprint that made everyone look at him in confusion. We all commented on it, that's how noticeable it was. I've actually never seen anything like it before.

Having said this...thank you for doing all the organizing! It's a big job, and you pick great bunnies!

I would except I probably do enough math on this as it is (also rough guess is I spend 80 hours organizing for each race). Also Sportstats seems less searchable than it has been (I put Bunny as part of a first name). I do spot check when I hear and usually email chat.

BTW the 230C was female and she was on pace at 10k but she actually stopped pacing because of injury...so it may have been someone carrying the sign. I did a quick check of the RW pacer (male) and his pace was great at 10k--actually about 15 seconds in the bank and finished with 7 seconds so he slowed down in the second half. Not exactly sure what to say. Perhaps it was the RW pacer who would be running his last k about 10 seconds faster per k than the 230 run pace.

I do try to encourage 1) even pace 2) pacers telling people where they are to pace at key times so hopefully if a pacer is behind at 10, 15 k etc...that they are letting people know, if that are going to have to pick up the pace.

2 - 80 hours?! that's phenomenal. I knew it was a lot, but, definitely did not realize it was that much. I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was questioning things....it was seriously one of the oddest bunny moments I've seen - so, I figured I'd mention it. (maybe a private e-mail next time would have been more appropriate!)

No worries. Not complaining because I enjoy doing it. Still trying to figure ot the gender of your pacer. Think it was the 230RW pacer.
The longest journey begins with a single step.
2016 Races
May: Ottawa Marathon

canalrunner
Bill Crothers

Postby canalrunner » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:45 pm

canalrunner wrote:
Irongirl wrote:
canalrunner wrote:

No worries. Not complaining because I enjoy doing it. Still trying to figure ot the gender of your pacer. Think it was the 230RW pacer hence running faster.
The longest journey begins with a single step.
2016 Races
May: Ottawa Marathon

Return to “General Running Discussion”