Millarville "Run To The Farmers' Market" Half Marathon

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Rick C
Johnny Miles

Millarville "Run To The Farmers' Market" Half Marathon

Postby Rick C » Sun May 17, 2015 11:25 am

My favourite pet project, the Millarville "Run To The Farmers' Market" Half Marathon race day is coming up on June 13, 2015.

This is a beautiful, point-to-point jaunt, all events starting in Black Diamond, half marathoners and relayers doing a tour of Turner Valley and everyone, including 8-Milers, finishing at the 33rd season opening of the Millarville Farmers' Market.

We will have about 850 in all events combined in 2015. We are about 35 minutes drive southwest of Calgary.

Note the half marathon and two-person half marathon relay have already reached their race caps and registrations have closed.

The gastronomically challenging COBS Cinnamon Bun Run 8-Miler remains open to registrations through to June 7. Register as a "Bunner," stopping to eat cinnamon buns twice along the way, or as a "Runner," snacking only if you want to.

Last year, the top "Bunner," stopping twice to eat, beat all the "Runners" to the finish line anyway. We liked that so much we'll offer up $75 if someone can do that again. The Bunner champ last year, Ben Elliott, is back again.

The Millarville "Run To The Farmers' Market" Half Marathon was recently highlighted in Impact Magazine's 2015 Race Source Guide, a national publication, as one of the top three Alberta race events to try this year.

All details, images and registration are at http://www.millarvillehalfmarathon.com or follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/millarvillehalfmarathon

Any questions can be answered by emailing Rick at millarvillefarmershalf@gmail.com .
Dear Lord, help me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Re: Millarville "Run To The Farmers' Market" Half Marathon

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun May 17, 2015 12:09 pm

cinnamon bun and running? sounds like my dream!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

MichaelMc
Bill Crothers

Postby MichaelMc » Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 am

I keep thinking about doing this one since I'm a fan of racing and farmer's markets; unfortunately this is the 3rd year in a row I've thought too long and it sold out. I've heard great things about everything but the speed of the course, and frankly who cares on races like this, right?

Hope everyone has fun!

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Mon May 18, 2015 3:33 pm

This looks like an excuse to travel to Calgary one of these years!! :)

Return to “General Running Discussion”