Managing Monday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Managing Monday

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 pm

I did Quarry Rock this morning, about 4km return with good elevation. It's the most technical trail I've done since my re-sprain (in fact it was on this trail that the re-sprain occurred) so I was super cautious and slow. But it felt good and I was alone at the viewpoint, which is unusual... so I sat there in the sun for a few minutes before heading back.

eta: last night I dreamed that I re-rolled my ankle again. I also dreamed that I broke my phone. apparently I need to be uber-cautious this week lol!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

NMG
Bill Crothers

Re: Managing Monday

Postby NMG » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 pm

10K for me on the greenbelt trails this afternoon. My legs felt really good today and the weather was nice and crisp. Amazing conditions for almost December.

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:47 pm

12k in bright morning sunshine. It was cold, but the sun felt great!
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:11 pm

Similar sunny cool conditions here, but I stuck to a 4K run/walk on the TM followed by stretching and strength.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:15 pm

ultraslacker wrote:I did Quarry Rock this morning, about 4km return with good elevation. It's the most technical trail I've done since my re-sprain (in fact it was on this trail that the re-sprain occurred) so I was super cautious and slow. But it felt good and I was alone at the viewpoint, which is unusual... so I sat there in the sun for a few minutes before heading back.

eta: last night I dreamed that I re-rolled my ankle again. I also dreamed that I broke my phone. apparently I need to be uber-cautious this week lol!

Otter Box and bubble wrap? :lol:

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Postby n_fraser » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 am

Yesterday was one of "those" days. I did three minutes on the treadmill and was done mentally. Then hopped on the bike for about five minutes and was done. Did some pull ups and called it a night!

Return to “General Running Discussion”