Training Program

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Training Program

Postby jacob42.2 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:51 pm

I was thinking now that we have a proper web start page, that isn't the forum, we could have a section of training programs for beginners, intermediate runners, and the competitive ones. I'd be more than willing to toss out a few programs I used to get me started. I also have a really great one for base building, that is perfect for the intermediate and advanced runner, that I'll be using for Boston training following Toronto. I would even be willing to post my Toronto specific 9 week program as well. Just an idea.
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:21 pm

Actually, DrJ thought of that last week and is currently working on compiling a list. :)

Feel free to submit your own program(s) as well though.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Sure will, I still have more photo's to send, but seeing as I'm moving this computer, as it is now mine own, I'll do all this stuff later.
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47

RUNNING MANIA #2

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:55 pm

that's an awesome idea! that will be a great help to alot of us!

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:42 pm

I was starting to make the page, mostly by making links to other training programs available on the web (like galloway, higdon, some on runnersworld, etc.) with directions like, "if you're looking for a program for XX, check out YY..." etc.
But then I started thinking it might be better to have our own sort of "custom made sample training programs." It will take more work, though, and I don't really want to be re-inventing the wheel... and of course I'd reference the ones that were the starting points, etc.... what do you guys think?

Maybe it can be just a combination of the above... links to available programs with descriptors, plus some individual ones that have worked for some of us.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:48 pm

Thanks for the work Doc...maybe the best would be something like you're already doing (with the links etc...) with a place for members to add their own experiences and notes for how they've customized each program to work (or not work) for them.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:41 pm

I definitely think that both is good--providing links to the popular programs, as well as providing any custom programs from our own members.

On that note, does anyone want to submit a custom training program? Jacob has sent me one, and I'd love to see more.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:59 pm

I like the idea of posting links to websites for trainging programmes. And them maybe a thread for comments on each plan as where folks can discuss their experiences with it.

All my plans have been derivatives of these plans but have been cutomised to my own availability, cross-training and preferences. All plans are built around certain basic principles, they differ mostly in the implementation and combination of those principles.

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”