ID Bracelet

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
fish
Bill Crothers

ID Bracelet

Postby fish » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:49 am

Does anyone know where I can get some kind of an ID bracelet, something like this http://www.roadid.com/id.asp , only less expensive (this one's $20.00 American)? Or is this as cheap as it gets?

Scott
Bill Crothers

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:51 am

That's the only one I've seen, Fish. I agree its a bit steep, maybe try someplace like Things Engraved (not sure if that's a widespread chain or just a local store).

Scott

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:13 pm

OK, this may sound weird (hey, that's who I am OK...) but I read this one somewhere a long time ago.

Go to your local PetSmart store. They have a machine there where you can engrave your own dog tag. Different shapes etc. I believe that they cost less than $15.00 if memory serves me correctly. Have your name, phone # engraved on it & thread it through your shoe laces.

I got a cool ID bracelet at the sports expo @ NCM. It's an elastic wristband with a little waterproof locket of sorts that opens up & you fill out the ID chart (they include a few) with your vitals & contact info. Fold it up, put it back in the locket & re-attach to the bracelet. I wear it when I swim, bike, whatever. I'll see if I have any website info when I get home this-evening. It cost me $10.00.

A couple of alternatives anyhow.
Tracy
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: ID Bracelet

Postby HCcD » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:24 pm

Fish wrote:Does anyone know where I can get some kind of an ID bracelet, something like this http://www.roadid.com/id.asp , only less expensive (this one's $20.00 American)? Or is this as cheap as it gets?

Yep, have had mine for past two years (wrist band), and never leave home without it, if I go for a long run and/or especially a long ride .... :lol:

If you are interested, I have a $2.00 off coupon if you use the following code when you place your online order .... ARR8733

I am not sure if it is a one time use ... so, first come first served, I guess .... andy :) Peace !!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:34 pm

I love my Road I.D. I have the necklace version...and wear it pretty well all the time cuz when C-Moss and I go for walks/hikes I don't generally carry my wallet.

For you gals out there...the necklace "dog tag" does not bounce around..I tuck it inside my sports bra and it just stays there. I love it.

Do not leave home without it...it gives me peace of mind. BTW my Wednesday training partner had a bad fall last week running along the water front...and knocked herself out :shock: Had she been running alone she would have ended up as a Jane Doe at the hospital. Yes...she is ordering her I.D. this week.

Joanne
C-Moss: I wear a dog tag all the time...it has Joanne's phone number on it and the city I live in. I think all the humans should have one too.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:41 pm

Yeah I guess $20 is a lot better then to show up as a John Doe, I may look into this, as I do all my long runs alone.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

fish
Bill Crothers

Postby fish » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:45 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I should just stop being so cheap and order one. Problem is, my wife wants one too, so I'll have to order 2. But if C-Moss thinks we should have one, then that pretty much clinches it. I wonder if these will be subject to "customs" charges - you know - free trade and all that.
Oops, there I go being cheap again......

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:49 pm

Fish...

When I ordered mine (hmmm...I think a year and a half ago)...there were no custom charges...

Joanne
C-Moss: Order your dog tag today humans...I don't want to hear about any Jane/John Does!!
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:54 pm

Fish wrote:I wonder if these will be subject to "customs" charges - you know - free trade and all that.

As a rule of thumb, if I'm ordering something from the US I expect the price to be double what is listed. You have to think about exchange, customs, and shipping, and it's all ridiculous. That's why I never order from the US anymore. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:25 pm

Customs doesn't bother with anything under $15. Sometimes they don't bother at all.

Beware though. On a $15 item the duty is not that much, but there is a $5 non-refundable processing fee, (maybe more now).
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:50 pm

klewlis wrote:
Fish wrote:I wonder if these will be subject to "customs" charges - you know - free trade and all that.

As a rule of thumb, if I'm ordering something from the US I expect the price to be double what is listed. You have to think about exchange, customs, and shipping, and it's all ridiculous. That's why I never order from the US anymore. :)

It's like $20.00 US but includes S&H :lol: ... I do not believe having to pay extra for duty & taxes, as it was shipped directly via post..

andy :) Peace !!!!

BTW: Don't forget to use the discount coupon in my earlier post :lol:

fish
Bill Crothers

Postby fish » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:27 pm

HCD wrote:BTW: Don't forget to use the discount coupon in my earlier post :lol:

Thanks Andy. I'll give it a try.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:04 pm

Ok, I finally got a chance to look for the information on the ID bracelet that I picked up in Ottawa... www.idonme.com It comes with both a thin double elastic or a wider velcro band. And yes, it really is waterproof. I've worn mine to every open water swim going & the information inside is as new. $10.00 us, not sure about Canadian shipping though.

As for customs, anything under $20.00 is not subject to customs if I remember correctly.

The best part is that if you have a change in information, you simply replace the insert. They give you plenty of them with the set as well.

Tracy
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:09 pm

TracyW wrote:Ok, I finally got a chance to look for the information on the ID bracelet that I picked up in Ottawa... www.idonme.com It comes with both a thin double elastic or a wider velcro band. And yes, it really is waterproof. I've worn mine to every open water swim going & the information inside is as new. $10.00 us, not sure about Canadian shipping though.

As for customs, anything under $20.00 is not subject to customs if I remember correctly.

The best part is that if you have a change in information, you simply replace the insert. They give you plenty of them with the set as well.

Tracy

The New Snap Lid ID On Me $12.00 - ships within 6-8 weeks

*limited time introductory price $10.00

One size fits all adjustable wrist band.
Available as a Medical Alert ID.
Medical Tag $1.00 each

Add $3.95 per order for shipping and handling
Add $1.00 per order for Medical Tag shipping & handling only if ordered separately

Add $5.95 per order for international shipping

Expedited shipping option available.

Utah residents add 6.6% sales tax.

Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express Cards or debit cards accepted.

Order online through our secure processing partner, AuthorizeNet.

Roughly, the same price as the RoadID, which is engraved, once you factor in the S&H charges ... :o

Is Canada considered international, when relative to the USA? :oops:

andy :) Peace !!!!

Return to “Gearing Up”