Lululemon for Running

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
IronColl
Lynn Williams

Re: Lululemon for Running

Postby IronColl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 pm

kc wrote:
MINI-T wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:And Holy Moly...I got an e-mail from Alex, their assitant manager asking me if I'd be willing to go in and give them some feedback on some of their new gear in February.

Enjoy! It's a really fun way to spend part of your day. Brian hooked me up back in November for the same thing.

Just don't drool all over the stuff like I did :oops:

The "Run Empower Crops" were my faves as well. :D

How does one get hooked up for this kind of thing? :wink: I can walk to the Scarborough store if they ever need any input. :P

Yeah...I have lots of unput to offer too.

Those crops look really nice. I have found as of late I am really leaning towards their crops. I have a couple pairs of groove crops that work well for running and just about any activity.

I like the speed shorts and will pick up a pair once there is a colour or pattern that I like. Or the ultra shorts. Both are super cute!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 pm

babysteps wrote:Ah! The pressure.

If it helps, I think I know where you misplaced your ass. It's been following me around since Christmas.

Nah, I think it has been following me around, and I'm in Ottawa so it is more likely! LOL.
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

lovethehills
Bill Crothers

Postby lovethehills » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:42 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
lovethehills wrote:You guys crack me up. I have HUGE thighs, but love the speed short and don't care who sees me in them!! I just bought the new pink plaid :shock: and I don't even like pink!

RUN Empower Crops rule. Enough said.

T: is the Run Hills crop gone for good?? I want another pair. :(

(I don't really like the look of the Empower but maybe I would like them better in person...)

Good question, I think so. HHmmm, I may have just given a pair away....or maybe I still have them. I'll check when I get home. Not sure if they will fit you, but I only wore them once and didn't like the cut on me.
"Only through curiosity can we discover opportunities, and only through gambling can we take advantage of them."

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:58 pm

lovethehills wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
lovethehills wrote:You guys crack me up. I have HUGE thighs, but love the speed short and don't care who sees me in them!! I just bought the new pink plaid :shock: and I don't even like pink!

RUN Empower Crops rule. Enough said.

T: is the Run Hills crop gone for good?? I want another pair. :(

(I don't really like the look of the Empower but maybe I would like them better in person...)

Good question, I think so. HHmmm, I may have just given a pair away....or maybe I still have them. I'll check when I get home. Not sure if they will fit you, but I only wore them once and didn't like the cut on me.

I wear an 8, and if you have a pair I'll gladly buy them off of you! I already have one but I want a backup because I love them SO MUCH! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm

2 pairs of the speed shorts (with matching bras) are now in my posession. A very good exchange for the rest of my Christmas money.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Review of Swiftly Tech Shirt:

This is a lightweight seamless knit shirt that claims to be anti-stink. It's seamless to reduce chafing and it's also a wicking shirt.

What I think:

I love the feel of this shirt...it's like wearing a little bit of body lotion...soft and "buttery" on the skin. Very comfortable.

I have the lilac/purple (LuLu probably has some fancy name for this colour :roll: :lol:) and it does show sweat marks so if you're someone who doesn't want to admit you sweat maybe not the shirt for you...or perhaps you should get it in white or black (if available). I, on the other hand, kinda enjoy the fact that I look like I've had a workout...one day as I walked to the change room after my TM Tempo Run someone said..."Wow..that must have been a good workout". :D :D

I noticed that the colour is not "too" colourfast because I have a bit of lilac on my white Sports Bra...but no biggie for me.

I decided to test out the "anti-stink" claim so I wore this shirt five times on the TM without washing it. I am pleased to report...the claims holds up. I hope it continues to do this job even after washing. I think I will wash this shirt by hand...not sure if I want to put this shirt in the washer. I like it...so don't want to ruin it and it does have a delicate feel to it.

All in all...I would recommend this shirt. And I'm looking forward to wearing it in the summer and see how it stands up to summer weather.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 am

You should add that review to the website.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 am

IronColl wrote:You should add that review to the website.

I never go on the website but I did forward my review to Tracy and Alex (the assistant manager at LuLu in Kingston)

I'll have to check out the website. :D
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

TriJenn
Bill Crothers

Postby TriJenn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:Review of Swiftly Tech Shirt:

I decided to test out the "anti-stink" claim so I wore this shirt five times on the TM without washing it. I am pleased to report...the claims holds up.

WOW! Amazing! Now if they would only do it in a size 14!! DH won't wear tech shirts because he thinks they get too smelly. Would be interesting to see how the shirts do with the guys.

Jenn
Starbucks Coffee Cup Wisdom
“The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life”

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:11 pm

TriJenn IronVirgin wrote:

I decided to test out the "anti-stink" claim so I wore this shirt five times on the TM without washing it. I am pleased to report...the claims holds up.

WOW! Amazing! Now if they would only do it in a size 14!! DH won't wear tech shirts because he thinks they get too smelly. Would be interesting to see how the shirts do with the guys.

Jenn

My solution for stinky tech gear - 1/2 cup of baking soda in the wash with my tech gear loads. Works well and is cheap.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:...
I decided to test out the "anti-stink" claim so I wore this shirt five times on the TM without washing it. I am pleased to report...the claims holds up. I hope it continues to do this job even after washing. I think I will wash this shirt by hand...not sure if I want to put this shirt in the washer. I like it...so don't want to ruin it and it does have a delicate feel to it.

Personally, I think I smell like rainbows and unicorns after running five times without washing my shirt, but that doesn't make it so.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:19 pm

uosnƃɹǝɟ pɹnʇ wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:...

Personally, I think I smell like rainbows and unicorns after running five times without washing my shirt, but that doesn't make it so.

Are you doubting my claim :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :lol:

For this...you owe me two beers at the NCM M&G :D :D :wink:

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:20 pm

eme wrote:
TriJenn IronVirgin wrote:

Jenn

My solution for stinky tech gear - 1/2 cup of baking soda in the wash with my tech gear loads. Works well and is cheap.

This is a good tip :) I was using Oxyclean.

I have a bunch of the silverescent lulu shirts, and they are also very anti-stink. They are my only tech shirts that don't hold any stink :)

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 pm

I have the same shirt in grey and I like it too. I find it looks almost like a light, short sleeved sweater than a traditional t-shirt but it's so light and floaty! It does show sweat but not too badly. My only complaint (and it's not really a complaint) is that is tends to ride up a bit over my tummy area while I'm running.But never to the point where it's unsightly!It just doesn't stay put at the hip area where it falls when you put it on.

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:00 pm

This is a lightweight seamless knit shirt that claims to be anti-stink. It's seamless to reduce chafing and it's also a wicking shirt.

What I think:

I love the feel of this shirt...it's like wearing a little bit of body lotion...soft and "buttery" on the skin. Very comfortable.

I have the lilac/purple (LuLu probably has some fancy name for this colour :roll: :lol:) and it does show sweat marks so if you're someone who doesn't want to admit you sweat maybe not the shirt for you...or perhaps you should get it in white or black (if available). I, on the other hand, kinda enjoy the fact that I look like I've had a workout...one day as I walked to the change room after my TM Tempo Run someone said..."Wow..that must have been a good workout". :D :D

I noticed that the colour is not "too" colourfast because I have a bit of lilac on my white Sports Bra...but no biggie for me.

All in all...I would recommend this shirt. And I'm looking forward to wearing it in the summer and see how it stands up to summer weather.

I have two of these shirts and I love them. My husband has been known to put them in the dryer by accident. They weren't any worse for wear (he was though after I tore a strip off of him! :wink: )
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm waiting for better colours in the Swiftly Tech. It was only in blah colours when I went.

Also, it looked really terrible until I tried it on with a sports bra.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

I have the Swifty Tech in turquoise & I agree completely on the anti-stink. Took it to work one week & did 3 workouts in it, hung it in a locker to dry, then back in my drawer (5 of us share a small office)... no problemmo on the stank! :shifty:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 pm

I was in Lulu yesterday at the Eaton Centre. They had the most hilarious, and possibly offensive (not to me) sign in their window. "Sometimes you want to show your beaver, sometimes you don't". They had mannequins wearing Canada gear in the windows. I laughed out loud, and I was by myself! I think that might even beat "Just say no to cameltoe" which I saw last summer. :lol: :lol:
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:45 pm

*sigh*

Run: Sunrise tank

(how cute is that???)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:58 am

Pretty cute. I'm a bit worried about that boob-line- looks like it could be a bit high. If not, though, it would be really flattering. I like that it's looser at the waist. My sunrise t-shirt is the best thing ever. I wish they had never discontinued it!! It's the silverescent fabric (wonder if the tank is too?) but it's thicker, not like the super thin stuff they have now that shows sweat like crazy and sticks to the body.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:06 am

ultraslacker wrote:*sigh*

Run: Sunrise tank

(how cute is that???)

It is incredibly cute. I have one (confession: I received a gear package from LuLu of running stuff to try and give feedback on...yep...I'm a lucky gal :D :D )

My feedback on this to the Kingston store which made the staff laugh ..."this tank can make a crabby broad feel cute and sexy"

I have worn it for some TM runs and will take it outdoors this summer. I suspect I'll wear it as a cute tank top with jeans too.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 am

QuickChick wrote:Pretty cute. I'm a bit worried about that boob-line- looks like it could be a bit high. If not, though, it would be really flattering. I like that it's looser at the waist. My sunrise t-shirt is the best thing ever. I wish they had never discontinued it!! It's the silverescent fabric (wonder if the tank is too?) but it's thicker, not like the super thin stuff they have now that shows sweat like crazy and sticks to the body.

Don't think it's the silverscent fabric. The product info says..."lightweight and wicking circle mesh with anti-stink finish"

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 am

I don't like the little ruffle-y bit at the bottom. :? And as QC said, that seam across the bust-line might be a bit high. Not sure it would be supportive enough for me to run in.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:23 am

La wrote:I don't like the little ruffle-y bit at the bottom. :? And as QC said, that seam across the bust-line might be a bit high. Not sure it would be supportive enough for me to run in.

The product info reads"...."designed to wear over your full support bra"
It does not have a built in bra.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 am

:roll:

Thanks Holly. :twisted: now I'm off to LuLu today to try this on as well as another new tank they have with the bra built in overtop :think: And the "leader of the track" pants.

This may be an expensive afternoon. :lol:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Return to “Gearing Up”