Lululemon - worth the cost?

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Re: Lululemon - worth the cost?

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:06 am

La wrote:
ceileigh wrote:
Sir Crashalot wrote:Women look great in Lulu gear!
A man perspective... for what it's worth...

Ya think? In the Army half at one point 2 women in front of me had on matching lulu capris and tops. Both were very different shapes. Both wore their lulu very differently. One had on white underpants (full old lady style briefs) under her capris. Not that I was staring or anything ... but the capris were stretched so tight you could see the undies underneath them. I don't think that young lady looked at herself too closely before her run and honestly the matching outfit idea was one they should have left behind, lulu or not! :roll:

Tight fitting bottoms should always be worn commando.

In general, most ladies look very nice wearing Lulu stuff... perhaps not all, but most...
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:32 pm

CinC wrote:
La wrote:
ceileigh wrote:
Sir Crashalot wrote:Women look great in Lulu gear!
A man perspective... for what it's worth...

Ya think? In the Army half at one point 2 women in front of me had on matching lulu capris and tops. Both were very different shapes. Both wore their lulu very differently. One had on white underpants (full old lady style briefs) under her capris. Not that I was staring or anything ... but the capris were stretched so tight you could see the undies underneath them. I don't think that young lady looked at herself too closely before her run and honestly the matching outfit idea was one they should have left behind, lulu or not! :roll:

Tight fitting bottoms should always be worn commando.

And I will add a couple of points.

-just because you can fit into some lulu because of the stretchiness of the fabric doesn't mean that your bootie looks good.
- careful when picking out the color of your bottom pieces. Grey and light colors go dark when they get sweaty. And they aren't all flattering. Especially *where* you get sweaty....

Maybe they weren't in the right size? I find there is no consistency to sizes. Like why should still pants for 1-2 sizes smaller than the other pants?

And +100 to the sweat comment above. So true. Same goes for the VPL. So wrong...

But back to the original question, yes it is worth the cost. I have several of the cool racerbacks that I have worn through two pregnancies and they still fit me just fine now.

If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:56 pm

My first pair of Wonder Unders just arrived in the mail today. I have them on now and I love them. I love them so much I may not wear them for running but as an every day legging. They have a nice booty control quality to them.

Engmomma
Abby Hoffman

Postby Engmomma » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Very late to the game here but if you are interested in Lulu wear you may also like One Tooth yoga wear. And no I don't know anyone that owns the company. I have bought 2 of their v neck t-shirts and absolutely love the fit. Also have 2 prs of shorts that are similar to Lulu in length. I also have one of their jackets which makes me look smokin' hawt.

t-shirts $35/each
shorts $45/each (I think)
jacket $75

In comparision to the lulu stuff I have the costs are cheap. I love the fit. So far after several months zero quality issues.

http://www.onetoothyoga.com/
The Summer of Eng is over.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:51 pm

I tried on a pair of capris at Lulu last week. I was drooling over them... they looked fabulous. They were called "full tilt crop". When I put them on, though, they fit in the waist and through the thighs like normal running tights but they were SO TIGHT around my calves that I felt like my circulation was being cut off! I was bummed, because they were gorgeous, and if there is one part of me I know is NOT fat, it's my calves. Haha. I don't know who could wear these!!

I'm loving a lot of their other stuff right now though. There are some beautiful long sleeved shirts. I think it's worth the cost, personally. I have a lot of stuff from lulu that is quite old, and it doesn't show wear at all. Everything is really flattering, and it just generally feels good (except those pants!!).
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 pm

QuickChick wrote:I tried on a pair of capris at Lulu last week. I was drooling over them... they looked fabulous. They were called "full tilt crop". When I put them on, though, they fit in the waist and through the thighs like normal running tights but they were SO TIGHT around my calves that I felt like my circulation was being cut off! I was bummed, because they were gorgeous, and if there is one part of me I know is NOT fat, it's my calves. Haha. I don't know who could wear these!!

I'm loving a lot of their other stuff right now though. There are some beautiful long sleeved shirts. I think it's worth the cost, personally. I have a lot of stuff from lulu that is quite old, and it doesn't show wear at all. Everything is really flattering, and it just generally feels good (except those pants!!).

Hmm...for the purpose of Lulu research I'm going to try those capris on...I have very small calves..and if I find them snug...there's a problem with the design.
Wait for my report! :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:03 pm

Do it, Jo-Jo. You may just be teeny enough. They have them with this awesome grey trim... they are soooo pretty. Hope they work for you!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Oooh, those capris would not be for me.....my calves are *not* skinny! :shock:

Wore my grey mottled speed shorts on a run on Friday.....loving the lightweightness and ease, feels great, love the built in gel pockets.....a leeetle short to wear to the gym though. :shock: The two other pairs I bought fit a tad longer. I don't get why there isn't consistency in sizing for the same model and size garment. :?
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:43 pm

speaking of VPL - I've seen two or three people now with the same capris - they have a bit of fine mesh as a band along the top of the bum (hard to explain).

If you own a pair of shorts/capris like this - wearing a thong under is is EXTREMELY obvious - as in - I can see the top of your thong through the mesh.

just sayin'.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Hahahaha... good advice IG! That would be embarrassing... but wouldn't you notice??! Who doesn't do a quick ass-check before heading out the door in their Lulus? :lol:

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:14 pm

QuickChick wrote:Hahahaha... good advice IG! That would be embarrassing... but wouldn't you notice??! Who doesn't do a quick ass-check before heading out the door in their Lulus? :lol:

All the more reason to take La's advice and go commando.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Commando in shorts with built-ins = a no-brainer. Commando in tights = I don't know. I want one more layer down there. It seems like a dromedary-metatarsal waiting to happen.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 pm

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:43 pm

QuickChick wrote:Commando in shorts with built-ins = a no-brainer. Commando in tights = I don't know. I want one more layer down there. It seems like a dromedary-metatarsal waiting to happen.

:lol: :lol:

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:32 pm

turd ferguson wrote:http://girlsinyogapants.com/

Why I clicked, I don't know...but I did, and then I could not look away. Mesmerizing.

TriJenn
Bill Crothers

Postby TriJenn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

QuickChick wrote:Commando in shorts with built-ins = a no-brainer. Commando in tights = I don't know. I want one more layer down there. It seems like a dromedary-metatarsal waiting to happen.

Bwa ha ha!!! I hate going commando, but also hate the potential chaffing from panties. I bought some lulu panties and they seem to do the trick.

I have a lulu long sleeved top that I have had since before the Westboro store even existed. My sis in law bought it for me at a yoga studio. I have had it forever and it looks great still.

Jenn
Starbucks Coffee Cup Wisdom
“The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating – in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life”

irun4me
Tom Longboat

Postby irun4me » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:34 am

babysteps wrote:

Why I clicked, I don't know...but I did, and then I could not look away. Mesmerizing.

:lol: Kinda reminded me of the first time I saw this....
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/35936 ... or-walking
2013 WDW Goofy Challenge
Peterborough half

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:35 am

The site is blocked at work. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:16 pm

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clot ... 4709&sli=1

I thought I would do a review of the stuff your bra tank.
It has three pockets along the bra part of the top. I filled a 7oz fuel belt bottle and stuffed it in one of the side pockets. Other than looking a bit weird, I didn't notice it at all. The pockets are big enough that I never felt the bottle would fall out. I changed sides, just to see if either side would bother me, no issues. The middle pocket is smaller, but would fit 2 gels, or an iPod. It probably wouldn't fit a phone, but the side pockets would probably fit your phone as well as the small bottle, depending how stuffed you want it to be. :lol:
I did buy a size larger than I normally would as it seemed to fit quite snug in the torso. Even one size larger it was still tight enough not to move around.

For those of us that have issues with fuel belts just not fitting properly this is a great alternative.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 pm

cool idea. that's what I need in the summer when I don't have pockets (this year I took to wearing a race vest just for the pockets). too late for this season though, as we'll soon be back to vests and jackets!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

ultraslacker wrote:cool idea. that's what I need in the summer when I don't have pockets (this year I took to wearing a race vest just for the pockets). too late for this season though, as we'll soon be back to vests and jackets!

I have a cool "FlipBelt" (not by lululemon) that serves this purpose when I don't have pockets. It works really well. Maybe I should write a separate review. While the lulu shirts look nice, I still find them way too $$.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:07 pm

I looked at the link; but they don't show a picture with a bottle in the pocket so I can't really picture what Habs is talking about.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:15 pm

As long as you don't laugh, I'll post a picture. Any laughing and I take it down.

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Habs4ever on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Oy! Not going to laugh but I couldn't wear that! :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Return to “Gearing Up”