Plyonmetrics

An environment where you can be open & frank about your quest for speed

AirForceRunner
Bill Crothers

Plyonmetrics

Postby AirForceRunner » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Plyometrics...anyone doing them?
I've seen a few studies lately praising them for distance running. I was a heavy plyo 'user' in my basketball days, but never thought they could benefit endurance types.
Any street experience?
http://www.itsmyrun.com/?display=myrace ... orceRunner

2011 Wishlist
Sulphur Springs 50 miler
Dirty Girls 12 hr night run
Haliburton 100 miler (gulp!)

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by..."
-Jack Kerouac

"I am no longer a runner, I am now a father who runs. I will let the running come to me and I will make the most of every km I am fortunate enough to receive."
-Smack

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Darth Tater does plyo workouts - I think that he has videos for them.

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 pm

I do have a Plyo workout video - Power 90 Master Series Plyo Legs workout. Lots of lunges, squats etc. I feel that it benefits my legs, but I'm not enough of a speedster to know if it has improved my performance. :roll: I'm only going into my third year of running, and I only started to run races last year - half of them injured after I had stopped the X training... :oops:
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

run_longer
Tom Longboat

Postby run_longer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 pm

I've just started doing them. My physiotherapist has me doing them as part of my treatment for years of leg injuries. They're part of a program of stretches, calf raises, strengthening, and acupuncture. So far, they seem to be working. I'll find out for sure when the snow is off the pavement and I can start doing some serious distances. 5K runs indoors on a track just don't cut it (but it's still miles ahead of the treadmill).

Return to “The Speed Zone”