Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby babysteps » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 pm

jes wrote:That sucks Anners. I hope you get some relief soon!

There are no pictures for me on that sight right now, but I'll check back for sure. Such a cool idea!

None for me either.

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 pm

I scanned through all of the pics for my height, and clicked on the ones that I *thought* resembled my size.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:25 pm

anners wrote:I scanned through all of the pics for my height, and clicked on the ones that I *thought* resembled my size.

i just did height and weight, but not size/shape and got a good sense!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:10 am

I guess it's pretty much out now that I am expecting #2. Been feeling really crappy this time around and I've only attempted (and failed) to run 3-4 times in the past 2 months. So, no inspirational running stories from me :roll: On a positive note, V's cough is getting better and she slept through the last 3 nights without waking up coughing :dance: Unfortunately, sleeping for the night for her means that she is up for the day at 5:30 :evil: I get up at that time for work anyway, but I am not looking forward to a 5:30 wake-up call on the weekend!

geobandito
Johnny Miles

Postby geobandito » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:15 am

anners wrote:I guess it's pretty much out now that I am expecting #2.

Congratulations!!!!! A beautiful little one will make all that crappy feeling worth it!
2014 Running Plans
remembering how to run!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 am

anners wrote:I guess it's pretty much out now that I am expecting #2. Been feeling really crappy this time around and I've only attempted (and failed) to run 3-4 times in the past 2 months. So, no inspirational running stories from me :roll: On a positive note, V's cough is getting better and she slept through the last 3 nights without waking up coughing :dance: Unfortunately, sleeping for the night for her means that she is up for the day at 5:30 :evil: I get up at that time for work anyway, but I am not looking forward to a 5:30 wake-up call on the weekend!

err, can Tony do weekend early mornings?

As for me - today was supposed to be a stroller run day, but, my left ITB is flaring up - like my hamstring/knee is throbbing at night. So, we walked to the mall (where I drop Delilah off for a blissful 2 hours of free preschool) and then walked home. Now I'm sitting. And thinking about having a cupcake.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 am

Congratulations, anners! Fantastic news!!!!

p.s. offers of watching babies for Keg dates expire February 2012. :lol:
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 am

Lightning wrote:Congratulations, anners! Fantastic news!!!!

Bah, you won't watch an infant and a toddler for me?? And I thought we were friends!

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Yaaaaaaay!!! And, oh yeah, me too! :D Hurray for the rush of second trimester happy-hormones (hopefully) soon to hit us both...Spending 3 months hating food + almost fainting every time you stand up= not exactly happyfuntimes.

AFM, I have of course bailed on my fall marathon plans, so am living vicariously through all the other amazing HRMs who are somehow fitting 42.2 k into their hectic lives. I *had* hoped to channel some IG awesomeness and still do the Army Half as planned (I'll be 18 weeks preggo on race day) but I just can't seem to go further than 10k for my long runs. So yesterday I switched to the 5k. I'll be less pregnant than when I ran it in 2009, so I will at least strive to Preggo PB!

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:46 pm

JLA wrote:

Yaaaaaaay!!! And, oh yeah, me too! :D Hurray for the rush of second trimester happy-hormones (hopefully) soon to hit us both...Spending 3 months hating food + almost fainting every time you stand up= not exactly happyfuntimes.

AFM, I have of course bailed on my fall marathon plans, so am living vicariously through all the other amazing HRMs who are somehow fitting 42.2 k into their hectic lives. I *had* hoped to channel some IG awesomeness and still do the Army Half as planned (I'll be 18 weeks preggo on race day) but I just can't seem to go further than 10k for my long runs. So yesterday I switched to the 5k. I'll be less pregnant than when I ran it in 2009, so I will at least strive to Preggo PB!

Congrats!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:02 pm

anners wrote:
Lightning wrote:Congratulations, anners! Fantastic news!!!!

Bah, you won't watch an infant and a toddler for me?? And I thought we were friends!

:lol: :lol:
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:12 pm

JLA wrote:

congratulations!!

I credit pretty much all of my "awesomeness" (ha!) to teaching the clinic - it really forced me out there and got my mind off of the exhaustion!

So, due dates, ladies?!

JLA - you weren't pregnant when you were here then, were you?!
i run for me.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Irongirl wrote:
So, due dates, ladies?!

JLA - you weren't pregnant when you were here then, were you?!

Nope! Well, unless you count the first two weeks of pregnancy when you're not actually pregnant yet. :wink: If we're using that math, I was also "pregnant" when I ran the Ottawa half!

I'm due Feb. 25, right between P's and my birthdays.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm

cool! you were definitely asking about having two kids, so, your announcement didn't shock me! :)

so, how far apart will the kiddos be?
i run for me.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm

PS- I *was* pregnant when I bowed out of Marg's wine party....Ladies, fyi, in the future if you ever hear me decline wine, that means I'm pregnant.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm

JLA wrote:PS- I *was* pregnant when I bowed out of Marg's wine party....Ladies, fyi, in the future if you ever hear me decline wine, that means I'm pregnant.

ha! you could have not had the wine - although, then yeah, we probably would have called you on it.
i run for me.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Irongirl wrote:cool! you were definitely asking about having two kids, so, your announcement didn't shock me! :)

Yep, plus I'm old, so it was time to get on with it! They will be just over 2 years apart - 26 months, to be precise. Same gap as D & D, no?

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:30 pm

JLA wrote:
Irongirl wrote:cool! you were definitely asking about having two kids, so, your announcement didn't shock me! :)

Yep, plus I'm old, so it was time to get on with it! They will be just over 2 years apart - 26 months, to be precise. Same gap as D & D, no?

yup - D&D are almost 27 months.....it's busy....but, after about 4-5 months, it's been good. :)
i run for me.

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:35 pm

JLA wrote:

Congrats to both of you! JLA - I'll be at the Army Half - so i wanna see you!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:37 pm

CinC wrote:Congrats to both of you! JLA - I'll be at the Army Half - so i wanna see you!

Yesssssss! Switching to the 5 also gives me more time to cheer for you! Is there a M & G planned?

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 pm

JLA wrote:
CinC wrote:Congrats to both of you! JLA - I'll be at the Army Half - so i wanna see you!

Yesssssss! Switching to the 5 also gives me more time to cheer for you! Is there a M & G planned?

yup - and Marg is getting mad that people aren't signing up!
i run for me.

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 pm

JLA wrote:

yep - I haven't responded there yet, but I'm with Marg, so since she'll be there, I'll be there!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 pm

JLA wrote:

yep - I haven't responded there yet, but I'm with Marg, so since she'll be there, I'll be there!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

JLA
Bruce Kidd

Postby JLA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:41 pm

I tried to find a post about it but couldn't!! Ou est le M & G thread?

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:44 pm

CinC just responded twice in it - she found it! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42853
i run for me.

Return to “The Scenic Route”