5 Peaks Trail Race - Montreal, Mt. St-Bruno

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Hermes
Bill Crothers

5 Peaks Trail Race - Montreal, Mt. St-Bruno

Postby Hermes » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:47 am

Hi guys!

I'm one of 29 registered for the Enduro race in Mont St-Bruno on August 17th. The race is at 9 am. Race kit pick-up is from 7:30 am...I was going to say one of the 29 crazy people, but I don't think you have to be crazy to do this. :wink:

The course hasn't been determined yet, but the Enduro race is approximately 12-15 Km, and I guess will be an endurance test.. hence the name. Nothing too crazy I don't think, judging from the terrain, but a tough trail race all the same.

I threw my back on Thursday, the last time I ran was on Tuesday.... and, well, I'm feelng kind of scared about this race or rather about my ability to race it.... but run it I will. It may be a PW, but I don't really care. My goal is to have fun!!! (And I've been swimming, so not all fitness lost.)

Anyone else thinking about registering? C'mon. It'll be great! :D :dance: 8)

See link, below.

http://www.5peaks.com/schedule.asp?p=qc

Sanders
Bill Crothers

Postby Sanders » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 am

There are 30 people registered now. :wink:
Next Up in 2010:
April - 21K de Montreal
May - Cabot Trail Relay Race, Legs 6&7

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:52 am

My ankle seems to be better now, just need to work on the running bit :roll: But if I think I can complete the Enduro, I am in! Otherwise, the Sport class is looking pretty good :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see myself finishing last right now.... next to the course sweep person....
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Sir Crashalot wrote:My ankle seems to be better now, just need to work on the running bit :roll: But if I think I can complete the Enduro, I am in! Otherwise, the Sport class is looking pretty good :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see myself finishing last right now.... next to the course sweep person....

If you are up for the Enduro, we can finish last together... next to whoever ... at least there won't be an ambulance following! This isn't CTRR. :twisted:

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Sanders wrote:There are 30 people registered now. :wink:

Yay! You're my hero. :D

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Hermes wrote:
Sir Crashalot wrote:My ankle seems to be better now, just need to work on the running bit :roll: But if I think I can complete the Enduro, I am in! Otherwise, the Sport class is looking pretty good :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are up for the Enduro, we can finish last together... next to whoever ... at least there won't be an ambulance following! This isn't CTRR. :twisted:

Yeah the ambulance would struggle through the path lol

It's a week before Qc city half... looks like i don'T have anything plan so far... can someone offer me a ride?!! LOL
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Dr. Sonia wrote:
Hermes wrote:

It's a week before Qc city half... looks like i don'T have anything plan so far... can someone offer me a ride?!! LOL

We probably could. We're not planning to bike there...so, we're renting a car, and could pick you up, but it would be early!
You're doing the QC half? Lucky you! You'll love it. :)

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Hermes wrote:
Dr. Sonia wrote:
Hermes wrote:

We probably could. We're not planning to bike there...so, we're renting a car, and could pick you up, but it would be early!
You're doing the QC half? Lucky you! You'll love it. :)

I am going to Qc city to see Brendan! :D I'm still hoping I can run the half, even tough it will be a PW and I am going to walk part of it. I'm going for fun.

Re-trail race, I would be more in for the 5-6 Km I think. I have never run a trail so I don't want to end up running 15K the week before the half!!

I could go to Metro Honoré Beaugrand, it's close to the Tunnel so you guys would not have to pick me up in Pointe-aux-Trembles! I'm trying to figure out how much it cost.... seems I need to register to get to that point.
Sonia

Hermes
Bill Crothers

Postby Hermes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Dr. Sonia wrote: I am going to Qc city to see Brendan! :D I'm still hoping I can run the half, even tough it will be a PW and I am going to walk part of it. I'm going for fun.

Re-trail race, I would be more in for the 5-6 Km I think. I have never run a trail so I don't want to end up running 15K the week before the half!!

I could go to Metro Honoré Beaugrand, it's close to the Tunnel so you guys would not have to pick me up in Pointe-aux-Trembles! I'm trying to figure out how much it cost.... seems I need to register to get to that point.

Cool. Find out, and let us know what your plans are. We're going, and the more the merrier. :)
Let's hope Sir Crash is in too!

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:02 pm

I will be there in 1 form or another!
This is the first race I will be in since the injured ankle & I am looking forward to it.... & it's off road too!
:D
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Sir Crashalot wrote:I will be there in 1 form or another!
This is the first race I will be in since the injured ankle & I am looking forward to it.... & it's off road too!

you thinking about the 5-6k or the enduro Crash?

Finally found the price online and it'S 40$ so I'll will commit to it as soon as this month's visa bill has pass! LOL
Sonia

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Dr. Sonia wrote:
Sir Crashalot wrote:I will be there in 1 form or another!

you thinking about the 5-6k or the enduro Crash?

Finally found the price online and it'S 40$ so I'll will commit to it as soon as this month's visa bill has pass! LOL

I'll commit once I speak with the Millers this weekend to see what their plans are :D

Tred Miller
Bruce Kidd

Postby Tred Miller » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Sir Crashalot wrote:I'll commit once I speak with the Millers this weekend to see what their plans are :D

I might just have to pass. Might be doing the 5 Miler the week before or the Xerox 10K on August 19. Not sure what the plans are yet.
Live to Run; Run to Live.

_Eric_
Tom Longboat

Postby _Eric_ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:52 pm

I'd like to know what type of trails they have and how do they compare to Fortune or Ark?
I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more...

-Chuck Palahniuk

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:16 pm

_Eric_ wrote:I'd like to know what type of trails they have and how do they compare to Fortune or Ark?

I wish I could tell you but I have no idea. I am still on the fence due to a stubborn ankle injury... & don't want to risk rolling it somewhere...

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:01 pm

....which brings up the next question... what shoe should one bring to these things?
Typical white running shoes so they lose grip in the rough & mud?
Or go all out with Merrell's for traction but pay the weight penalty?

If this was cross, Merrell's all the way!

Tred Miller
Bruce Kidd

Postby Tred Miller » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 am

Sir Crashalot wrote:....which brings up the next question... what shoe should one bring to these things?

I have a pair of gray Asics you can borrow. It'll blend with mud and dirt.
Live to Run; Run to Live.

joe
Bill Crothers

Postby joe » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:38 am

Sir Crashalot wrote:....which brings up the next question... what shoe should one bring to these things?

Solomon is usually there with a whole whack of shoes to try...

Race Photos: http://www.zoomphoto.ca (Ask me about the RM Coupon!)

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:58 am

I'm in :D
But get the feeling it could be one of these Image

Dstew
Bill Crothers

Postby Dstew » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:00 am

Bought the new Solomon XT Wing - 5 Peaks had a 15% off at Out There. Have not tested them under fire at a race but thus far in training they are a great racing shoe.

http://www.salomonrunning.com/others/#/ ... g/xt-wings

I was a coward and went with black but it also comes in green.

Return to “General Running Discussion”