Sunday from Germany

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Re: Sunday from Germany

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Did the BCMC this morning with some other girls (in case anyone's wondering, conditions are good--hardly any snow at all, but lots of water near the top).

Also going to ride my bike to book club today, about 20 minutes each way.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Sunday from Germany

Postby Jwolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:45 pm

ultraslacker wrote:Did the BCMC this morning with some other girls (in case anyone's wondering, conditions are good--hardly any snow at all, but lots of water near the top).

Good to know- might do it this week.

Is the gate closed?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Jwolf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:Did the BCMC this morning with some other girls (in case anyone's wondering, conditions are good--hardly any snow at all, but lots of water near the top).

Is the gate closed?

yes, the gate is closed and there are some signs up saying it's closed.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Sunday from Germany

Postby Jwolf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:49 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Is the gate closed?

yes, the gate is closed and there are some signs up saying it's closed.

Today was a good day for it- it is going to be very rainy all week. I hope I can sneak it in before it gets too bad.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Yesterday I did 10k and 17k today.

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm

An easy 10 km for me tonight.
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

10k on the TM.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:21 pm

My last long run before the Philly marathon. A very solid feeling 30k in nasty weather this evening.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Liam01
Percy Williams

Postby Liam01 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 pm

La wrote:
Liam01 wrote:10k along the lake, ending literally just as the rain started. Set a PB in the 10k for the second week running, which also included a PB for the 5k. The more I think about it I am convinced I was tired out by the training before the STWM half and also tired from fightingthe head cold I had too.
I'm thinking of registering for the Tannenbaum 10k this week (gee.. wonder why..lol) Anyone recommend \ not recommend it ?

The Tannenbaum is a great local race! It's really grown a lot since it started back in '06. We ran in a blizzard in '07 - and I actually was first woman that year! :lol: Here we are - the three guys who were co-winners (they crossed the finish line together) and me! :D
I haven't run the race in a few years, but I volunteered that last two years and will volunteer again this year since the Beaches Runner's Club has taken over the organization of the race.

Nice, thanks. I think I will sign up tomorrow. It might be the Sunday nite wine speaking but I think a race in a blizzard would be really..ahem.. cool. :P

Sustain26
Johnny Miles

Postby Sustain26 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Too tired to post yesterday; completed an 8 hour rogaine in Gatineau Park organized by the Ottawa Orienteering Club. Got up at 0400 to drive there, was ready for rain but it never came. My last minute partner was unbelievably good in every way, considering she might be a marathoner (can't confirm that at this point).

The dramatic finish - we arrived at 7:59 (time used). I was expecting to be late because we were at the eastern tip of Meech lake with 40 minutes to go - about 4 km, but some downhill.

I can't say enough good things about the park, especially since my knees will not tolerate concrete surfaces any more. If anyone has any advice about that, please let me know. :help:
During any successful session, one might and should have a moment of truth, "should I continue or just walk home?". If you don't break down, the same thing might happen a few hundred steps later, but you already dealt with that issue. This usually happens in the second half, anyways. The satisfaction one derives later, when at home, is extremely gratifying, and is a build up like no other to further efforts.
(The "Lord, have mercy!" anecdote.)

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Stampie wrote:Getting ready to meet marymac and the crew, then a little run in Stanley Park for the James Cunningham Seawall Race. Hopefully the rain holds off till 'special' coffee is ready to be consumed.

Race completed with a 26sec PB. 9.5K done in 49:30. Great day for a race! :)
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

Return to “General Running Discussion”