My turn! (Monday thread)

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

ultraslacker
Site Admin

My turn! (Monday thread)

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 am

hey everyone,

I got home from work and then it took me forever to read all the posts and race reports (we really did get the good, the bad, and the ugly today, didn't we???). Glad that Andy is ok and that Lesley smashed her goal. You guys rock! I hope you three took pictures from your get-together??? That was really the first official Maniac meeting, wasn't it? I had been thinking of the MBTSers next weekend, but you guys beat 'em.

Monday is a rest day for me... then to work for the evening--yay for holiday pay!

Oh yeah, Monday is also the official start of the new contest--so everyone start keeping track! Yikes maybe I should eat some chocolate now before it starts...lol.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:41 am

Ran my farthest distance so far on Sunday. But it was still the 31st so no points... :? I did 12k worth of 10 and 1's. Nice and slow!
Monday is rest day. I am gonna do like Holly and eat some crap before the challenge starts!
BTW I LOVE the letter to junk food! We are a witty bunch aren't we!

Have a great day!

Dani
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:23 am

edit... deleting messages written after the bar last night.... :oops:
Last edited by RA. on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:39 am

Have a LSD of an hour and forty five minutes today...the longest one in a while.

Then babysitting Evan (who is about to turn one!) so his parents can get their runs in.

I have to start getting organized for my canoe trip.....thought I would do that yesterday but six hours in the sun at K-Town wiped me out and I ended up putting my feet up and reading for the rest of the day.

Uh oh...I forgot to get group pix of La, Andy and Me. I do have a couple shots of wounded Andy..he stopped by my water station on his walk back to transition from the hospital. Dare I say he contributed some drama for my volunteers...thanks Andy :wink: I'm just figuring out this digi camera and how to e-mail pictures (yep call me low tech :roll: ) so stay tuned for those!

Have a great day every one

Joanne
C-Moss: I'd better get to go swimming today...
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:12 am

Just an easy recovery day for me today ... :oops: Litterally, speaking of course ... :roll:

Right shoulder/arm is a bit stiff this morning ... was a bit restless last night, awakening ever few hours or so... :cry: Probably, gonna pop another one or two motrin tabs right away to numb the ouchies ... :cry:

My physiotherapist is gonna love me ... just having been given clearance to start racing again at the end of July and now this :oops: Hope she doesn't think I did it on purpose, just to keep seeing her :roll: though, she is already married .... :shock: :wink:

Take care and talk to you later ... andy :) Peace !!!
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:52 am

Rest day for me! :D My hip is KILLING me, so I have to get that tended to this week. Probably means no running for a while :( . But I can still bike and run! :D

Oh, and I'm totally bummed that this points system is not retroactive! I've had so many PBs this year and have already done an IM and I'm missing out! And yesterday's PB doesn't count, either! Whaaa! I only have one race left this year! :x
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:55 am

Rest Day for me. Woke up with a stiff left knee, so I'm hoping some time off it will bring it back. All short runs this week I'm affraid! The countdown is on, and the marathon is looming...
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:58 am

Rest day for me, too.
Jacob-- I think almost everyone gets some stiffness, sometimes recurring aches, etc. during taper. It's like your body has remembered what it's like to run less! Don't sweat it. You're gonna do great on Sunday. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:14 am

jacob42.2 wrote:Rest Day for me. Woke up with a stiff left knee, so I'm hoping some time off it will bring it back. All short runs this week I'm affraid! The countdown is on, and the marathon is looming...

Uh oh, prepare for taper tantrums everyone! :oops: :wink:

Anybody see that old Twilight Zone episode where the little boy terrorizes his town because he can make bad things happen just by thinking bad thoughts, so they have to kiss his butt all the time?

"It's good you did that Jacob...It's real good" :P

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:47 am

dgrant wrote:"It's good you did that Jacob...It's real good" :P

oh man :P :lol:

Dr.J- Thanks, I loathe the taper time. I think it's really one of the hardest parts of training. I really do.
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47

RUNNING MANIA #2

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:50 am

Rest day for me, legs feel fine from yesterday's long one. Went to the park with my 2 yr old and had a blast this morning. Will take it easy today, plan out my week and chill a bit.

Have an awsome day,

Stephan

Karin
Johnny Miles

Postby Karin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:56 am

I think I"m going to rest today. I'm still toying with the idea of going out for a very short 'recovery run' but we'll see.

No anit-junk food points for me this round, I'm going to the cheese factory today and to the chocolate factory later this week. I'm taking full advantage of my holidays!!

Karin

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 am

Karin wrote:No anit-junk food points for me this round, I'm going to the cheese factory today and to the chocolate factory later this week. I'm taking full advantage of my holidays!!

mmmm chocolate. must think about something else...

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Karin
Johnny Miles

Postby Karin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:04 am

I'll tell you, my company sent me to Hershey Pensilvania for training a couple of years ago. I thought it was a myth that the whole town smells like chocolate, but it's true. The light posts are shaped like Hershey's kisses and the town really does smell like chocolate. I"m not sure I'd want to live there, chocolate might lose it's appeal, but it sure was nice to visit!

Karin

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:07 am

I pulled something in my back at the gym on Friday, but the pain was starting to subside...Last night Lisa and I were walking on the boardwalk and she 'challenged' me to do chin-ups at one of the old Participaction stations they have along the path. Anyway, 15 chin-ups later I re-aggravated the pulled muscle and am curled up like a pretzel.

Thanks Lisa!

lastmilelori
Johnny Miles

Postby lastmilelori » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:46 pm

Karin wrote:I'll tell you, my company sent me to Hershey Pensilvania for training a couple of years ago. I thought it was a myth that the whole town smells like chocolate, but it's true. The light posts are shaped like Hershey's kisses and the town really does smell like chocolate. I"m not sure I'd want to live there, chocolate might lose it's appeal, but it sure was nice to visit!

Karin

Have you ever been to Smiths Falls, ON? There is a Hershey Factory there was well. Some days the whole town smells like chocolate fondue.... Mmmmm Chocolate fondue.
On May 28th, 2006, I will run 21km to support the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/Star ... SID=764626

lastmilelori
Johnny Miles

Postby lastmilelori » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:49 pm

Woo Hooo!! I am a Maniac.

*80's Flashback. Lori rips sweatshirt, puts on legwarmers and backcombs her bangs...*

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
She's a maniac, maniac on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Ouch. I think I pulled something.

Lori
On May 28th, 2006, I will run 21km to support the Ottawa Hospital Foundation.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/Star ... SID=764626

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:52 pm

lol

*dances along*

that reminds me of the scene in "what a girl wants" where the dad, "Lord Dashton", who is always so proper, puts on his old leather pants and starts dancing like a rockstar in front of his mirror. It's hilarious.

(and yes, I watch teen-girl movies... I get paid to do it at work ;)

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:00 pm

klewlis wrote:
Karin wrote:No anit-junk food points for me this round, I'm going to the cheese factory today and to the chocolate factory later this week. I'm taking full advantage of my holidays!!

Be strong Holly! You can do it!
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:07 pm

klewlis wrote:and yes, I watch teen-girl movies

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:08 pm

d_diamond wrote:
klewlis wrote:

Just be grateful nobody has mentioned Truffles yet ..... :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:40 pm

I don't know why, but I almost feel hung over today. I have a headache and I just feel totally blah. I'm going to try to work myself up to running 10K later on tonight when it cools down a bit...
I don't know... I think I'm just bored! Maybe a bit down because I can't have crap. I'm sure I'll snap out of it.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:42 pm

dgrant wrote:I pulled something in my back at the gym on Friday, but the pain was starting to subside...Last night Lisa and I were walking on the boardwalk and she 'challenged' me to do chin-ups at one of the old Participaction stations they have along the path. Anyway, 15 chin-ups later I re-aggravated the pulled muscle and am curled up like a pretzel.

Thanks Lisa!

He looked really cute doing them though. :lol: :oops:
He seems to feel better... don't worry I didn't break him!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:18 pm

OK Me again. I don't know what the heck is up... you know how I said I was feeling so blah? I went out for my run, fully expecting to be draggin' it to manage a fairly slow pace. Turned out I felt great! I did 9K around the boardwalk (did some laps basically, because it's cooler by the water) with an average pace of 5:20 (that's average to quick for me)! Woohoo. I feel so much better!

Return to “General Running Discussion”