Happy Monday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

cgraham
Bill Crothers

Happy Monday

Postby cgraham » Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 am

Wow - 7:00 and no Monday thread! Everyone must be asleep today.

Anyways, 12k easy with 8x hill sprints in for me this morning. A chilly run, but nice.

Have a great day sleepyheads!
2009 Highlights
Marathon - 2:54:05 (Mar 22 - Tokyo)
Half - 1:20:00 (Apr 26 - Hartwell)
5k - 17:09 (Acura 5k - Jul 19)
800m - 2:16.80 (York U - Jul 28 )
Now - Getting back my running fitness
My training log

Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!

"There are two types of injuries that we older runners get: those that we can run with and those that we can't. And if you're over 30 and don't have one or the other, you aren't training hard enough." - Younger Legs blog

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Mon May 11, 2009 6:07 am

So far it's a happy Monday... I slept like the dead last night! I can't imagine getting up at 5am regularly.

Running home from work tonight, maybe a longer, prettier way- depends how long I have to be there.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 am

Congratulations to all those who raced this past weekend ... Looked like a lot of smokin' times and PBs and BQ's out for grabs ...

Just lazying around in the Lang's Suite this morning ... 8) and, heading back to Ottawa later this afternoon :cry: :cry:

Rest and recovery is the plan for the day .... and, if I get home early enough, maybe I'll make it to the matinee for Star Trek :think::think::pray::pray:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Magoo
Tom Longboat

Postby Magoo » Mon May 11, 2009 6:27 am

I was up this morning with a similar workout. 10 easy with 10 hill sprints.
Too cold for shorts. I'll have to check out the Mississauga reports today.
Have a great one all.
What time is LOVE?

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Mon May 11, 2009 6:31 am

Drinking coffee, taking it easy, getting ready to go out and enjoy Ottawa - a beavertail is on the list :D
My legs are a bit tight after yesterday's run so all the walking on the agenda will be good.
Well done all racers :D Looking forward to reading race reports tonight (while dh watches the hockey game :roll: - although the hotel internet is painfully slow :evil: it might be a frustrating experience.

Have a good Monday everyone :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 am

JacSprat wrote:Drinking coffee, taking it easy, getting ready to go out and enjoy Ottawa - a beavertail is on the list :D
My legs are a bit tight after yesterday's run so all the walking on the agenda will be good.
Well done all racers :D Looking forward to reading race reports tonight (while dh watches the hockey game :roll: - although the hotel internet is painfully slow :evil: it might be a frustrating experience.

Have a good Monday everyone :D

You can always go down to the local *$s for free wifi internet service ;-)
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Mon May 11, 2009 6:46 am

I'm thinking rest today, but I did bring running gear in case an opportunity avails itself.

Still so pumped for the results of yesterday. :)
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Mon May 11, 2009 6:47 am

Speaking of Beaver Tails, the NCRA Kanata Beaver Chase series kicks off tomorrow night. Race starts at 6:30, register at the legion on Hines road. 4 mile (6.4km) single loop. Write you own finishing time. Should be a great evening. Last year it was $12 for the 4 races.
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Mon May 11, 2009 6:48 am

Strider wrote:Speaking of Beaver Tails, the NCRA Kanata Beaver Chase series kicks off tomorrow night. Race starts at 6:30, register at the legion on Hines road. 4 mile (6.4km) single loop. Write you own finishing time. Should be a great evening. Last year it was $12 for the 4 races.

oh, i can actually do this! thanks Strider, see you there!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Mon May 11, 2009 7:22 am

I'm still trying to figure out where spring went? :shock: :(

Legs are a bit achey after Saturday's hilly ride & Sunday's race, but I'm still grinning! :D

Going to try to get a swim in later tonight.
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 am

Morning, I ran 1 mile with Rocky this morning, still pain free :D hoping this will last!!

55 mins cycling commute to work, that is my fastest time so far. The 0 km/h wind might have smth to do with it!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Gourou
Bruce Kidd

Postby Gourou » Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 am

Good morning all,

Today's Day 1 of my first Marathon training plan. :shock:
Let's see if I can make it.

horselady
Bill Crothers

Postby horselady » Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 am

Frost this morning.. :shock: what is with that!!
Have major horse trailer clean up this morning after our ride yesterday, why do they get in the trailer and immediatly poop... :? well worth it though!

Looking forward to catching up on race reports later today! :D
Plan for a nice easy 8-10k at lunch.
" The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" Winston Churchill"
2013 Plans so Far
Princess Half Marathon Orlando Feb 23
Run for the Reach Water StationVolunteer April 14
Spring Fling Running Thing April 21 10k
Gran Fondo Road Race July 20th
Ride the Rideau 100km Sept 8
Army 1/2 Marathon Sept 22
http://ridetherideau.ca/give
Smattering of horse shows

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Mon May 11, 2009 8:36 am

Busy day - busy week ahead. My group is hosted a 3 day conference with our national colleagues and I have to give a presentation on Wednesday. I've already decided to take Friday off.

I brought my running stuff but I'm doubting that I will have time...... :(
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

moof324
Bill Crothers

Postby moof324 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:37 am

I'm not sure about happy...stressful, I could agree with.

On my workout schedule today is a 6- mile run (start of my first 50+ mile week!), weights, and yoga. It's a very gloomy, drippy day here (and seriously, it's been raining all night and the landscaping sprinklers went on at 2 and are still on?!), so going out for my run should be therapeutic in some way...

DH and I are struggling with some decisions about summer vacation today (this shouldn't be stressful, I feel crazy for even typing that!)--since thanksgiving, we had been planning to go to northern Michigan (Charlevoix) with my entire extended family for a week in july, and the planning came to an unpleasant head yesterday. So we'll see...I don't want to get into it any further since the whole thing is really upsetting to me. But it will suffice it to say that I'm calling a shrink today for an appointment. I'm so happy that lawyers can go for free through the bar association...that's a perk I never thought I'd use!

Otherwise, I'm making cookies today (those should help me feel better too, especially after all the workouts on my schedule!); still looking for a job; and have class tonight. I'm also going to do a bunch of laundry (too cool to use a/c, it's a perfect day for heating up the house with dryer and oven!!!), and need to make bread, but I'm worried the humidity will wreck it--so I'll probably just make one loaf.
2010: Cautiously coming back from 14 months of injury!
June 12: Race for the Cure 5K, Raleigh
June 26: Legal Run-Around 5K, Wilmington (28:51, PR!)
Jan. 8-9, 2011: Goofy!

Marathon Count: 6
Half Count: 7

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 am

Gourou wrote:Good morning all,

Today's Day 1 of my first Marathon training plan. :shock:
Let's see if I can make it.

Day 1 is easy...you can do it man (says the guy on day 64, with only 40 days 22 hours plus change to go to get to the starting line)....

I overslept, so only the bike ride to work this morning (and home later). No run planned today anyway, was supposed to be a cross training day. Oh well, missed the gym today....
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Ironmanic
Percy Williams

Postby Ironmanic » Mon May 11, 2009 8:53 am

Good mornign all, and a big congratulations to all those who ran Mississauga yesterday. Can't wait for the race reports.

Today is a day of rest. I ran 21k yesterday and the ol' ITB felt a little skiddish after 15. The absolute wrost was when I had to stop at a light for traffic and then start again. That is what I call the pain chamber.

Two weeks till Ottawa, and I am getting VERY excited! :D. I should probably check the other treads, but it there a RM M&G around the Ottawa run. It would be great to meet some of you.
John

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" ~ Steve Prefontaine

tallrunner
Tom Longboat

Postby tallrunner » Mon May 11, 2009 8:57 am

Rest day today after yesterday's ez 2 hours. Wish I could make it out to the Kanata trail race tomorrow, but I have my girls and their piano lesson tomorrow. Next time. Good races Strider and Marg.

Have a great day everyone
Tall
Next up:

October 2011 - First 5k in over two years -gulp...

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:58 am

I've reached my max. I have been working with a P/T getting back to my running and I've hit a wall where pain and possibility meet. Nope. Collide is a better word.

I've done what she asked and pushed through the fatigue to reach some new milestones but there is a fine line between fatigue and pain and this has turned in to pain that I can no longer ignore.

Time to look for more answers. I will not throw in the towel! :twisted:
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Mon May 11, 2009 9:06 am

Boring taper-related rest day today.

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:07 am

Rest day for me, but, you know, my legs feel great! I am so happy with yesterday's result that I'm super motivated for my fall marathon training.

Plan is to take a couple of weeks easy running - just to enjoy - then get back at 'er!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Mon May 11, 2009 9:17 am

Rest Day - except for a bit of WiiFit :lol:
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 am

a-slow-5 wrote:I've reached my max. I have been working with a P/T getting back to my running and I've hit a wall where pain and possibility meet. Nope. Collide is a better word.

Is this like the fine line between pain and pleasure??? Fingers crossed you can reach a breakthrough real soon!!!!

I have a pain in my right foot that won't go away while I pound the cr@p out of it. I may have to give the Beaver Chase run a miss tomorrow and think about resting & healing up for CTRR in 10 days.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 am

Hills after work today (no run at lunch because of meetings).

I need to review race reports. Absolutely overwhelming results the few I've looked at. Maybe tonight.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Mon May 11, 2009 9:53 am

Aaaachew! Stupid cold.

I am going to try to swim for 30 minutes today and bike for 60 minutes tonight.

Have a great day everyone,

Return to “General Running Discussion”