Boston Registration

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Re: Boston Registration

Postby mcshame » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Jwolf wrote:Lorne- according to that analysis aren't you between 0 and -0.5? It goes from -5 to +1 (so the 0 to +1 people are those who get the BQ on the extra 59 seconds).

great.. I'm -0:11...lovely...that translates into I'm screwed
Last edited by mcshame on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Boston Registration

Postby Jwolf » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

mcshame wrote:
Jwolf wrote:Lorne- according to that analysis aren't you between 0 and -0.5? It goes from -5 to +1 (so the 0 to +1 people are those who get the BQ on the extra 59 seconds).

great.. I'm -0:10...lovely...that translates into I'm screwed

Not necessarily-
We don't know if those numbers will repeat this year- there's a lot of error.

Also- the BAA could decide to let everyone in if there are only 1000 or so over what they would normally want. I could see them making a one-time expansion of the field in this transition year.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:51 pm

which marathons aren't in this qualification period that normally would be?

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Boston Registration

Postby Jwolf » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Chicago and many of the big October marathons used to work for two years. Many later ones used to work too but not last year when registration filled up in one day on Oct 18 (a later registration date than in previous years).

I have no idea how many qualifiers this would cut out. I'm surprised the statisticians haven't figured it out. :)

There are still a lot of variables and unknowns. We'll only know for sure at the end of this week.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:14 pm

There you go Steve, I'm now freaking out. It was just too early before.

If I had kahunas, I would wait 'til the end of the week to see what the registration number is, but I will likely do it right away....

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Boston Registration

Postby Jwolf » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Just do it and try your best to distract yourself from the week's banter.

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:46 pm

its an honour just to be nominated
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Doonst wrote:its an honour just to be nominated

I have the honour of registering, yes.....let's hope the economy is so bad in the states that the rest of the people stay home :roll: (whatever works...)

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

mcshame wrote:

great.. I'm -0:11...lovely...that translates into I'm screwed

I'm not ready to give up hope yet Lorne.
will be hard waiting to find out if we're a go or not.
fingers crossed.

I hope we both get to the start line for 2012 but if not let's train our asses off and make a date for 2013. Deal?
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

SteveF
Bill Crothers

Postby SteveF » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:38 am

Like Jen says, I've heard rumour/speculation as well that the BAA may expand the field to allow everyone in if its not too many. People are already saying that it won't fill next year based on last weeks numbers and the tighter standards. Too bad we didn't know how many were shut out last year.

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:56 am

Don't give up hope. Keep up the training. It does more for you than you can imagine!
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 am

I think just cancelling the 2 years registration with one years qualification will do a lot to reduce the numbers. I think that it'll fill up next year, because even with the 5 minutes there were enough last week to take up 15,000 spots. i'm sure that another 5,000 can qualify 5 minutes faster as well, all the people that BQ to BQ-5 are pretty close, so I'm sure it'll fill up.

As for this year, I have my fingers crossed, I'm about BQ-2:35 (so is Lisa....we're twins :D )

SteveF
Bill Crothers

Postby SteveF » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:56 am

Just checked - I'm on the entrants list now. 200 dollars worth of motivation paid for :lol:

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Boston Registration

Postby Jwolf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 am

Robinandamelia wrote:I think just cancelling the 2 years registration with one years qualification will do a lot to reduce the numbers. I think that it'll fill up next year, because even with the 5 minutes there were enough last week to take up 15,000 spots. i'm sure that another 5,000 can qualify 5 minutes faster as well, all the people that BQ to BQ-5 are pretty close, so I'm sure it'll fill up.

As for this year, I have my fingers crossed, I'm about BQ-2:35 (so is Lisa....we're twins :D )

5 minutes is a lot harder than you think when you're that close. I think it will eventually fill but the numbers won't jump to sell-out levels in on year.

Anyway- good luck getting in. You and Lisa have a very good chance!

What about Andy and Sylvie? Are you guys going to try?

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:08 am

Jwolf wrote:
Robinandamelia wrote:I think just cancelling the 2 years registration with one years qualification will do a lot to reduce the numbers. I think that it'll fill up next year, because even with the 5 minutes there were enough last week to take up 15,000 spots. i'm sure that another 5,000 can qualify 5 minutes faster as well, all the people that BQ to BQ-5 are pretty close, so I'm sure it'll fill up.

5 minutes is a lot harder than you think when you're that close. I think it will eventually fill but the numbers won't jump to sell-out levels in on year.

Anyway- good luck getting in. You and Lisa have a very good chance!

What about Andy and Sylvie? Are you guys going to try?

Haven't heard from Sylvie, but with a 3+ minute buffer, I am pretty sure she will get in and run 2012 Boston on her 50th Birthday ... :dance: :dance:

As for me, I'm one of those with the 38 seconds over and 21 seconds under the perverbial extra 59 seconds Group .. that, as Lorne has said .. is likely SOL for Boston 2012 ... :? :wink: :(

So, WTF, might as well throw my hat in the ring, just for "peace of mind", eh !!!

Will be back in a few minutes and let you know if they will allow me to register or not, for the Lottery ... :shifty: :lol: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 am

I hope Robin and my chances are good! They certainly seem to be better than I imagined!

We shall see. About to rev up and hit the submit button! I know I don't have to rush, but I want to get it over with and have my name in there.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 am

purdy65 wrote:I hope Robin and my chances are good! They certainly seem to be better than I imagined!

We shall see. About to rev up and hit the submit button! I know I don't have to rush, but I want to get it over with and have my name in there.

All I get is this message ... Where is the actual registration url ??? :what: :what: :help:

BOSTON MARATHON ATHLETE REGISTRATION

Registration for the 2012 Boston Marathon will re-open on Monday, September 19, 2011 at 10:00AM ET and will continue through Friday, September 23, 2011 at 5:00PM ET.

During this period, any eligible qualifier may submit an application for entry. Please note that entry is not first come, first served.

At the conclusion of this period, those accepted for entry will be notified via email and their names will be posted to the "Entrants" page of this web site. Entry will be based on remaining space and an applicant's qualifying performance.

Due to field size limitations, it is probable that not all qualifiers who submit an entry will be accepted. Those not accepted for entry also will receive an email from the B.A.A. at the conclusion of the application period, and their credit cards will not be processed (though credit cards will be held for authorization through the week of registration.)

The B.A.A. expresses its sincere appreciation to all applicants for the cooperation they have displayed through this new registration process.

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 am

HCcD wrote:
purdy65 wrote:I hope Robin and my chances are good! They certainly seem to be better than I imagined!

All I get is this message ... Where is the actual registration url ??? :what: :what: :help:

BOSTON MARATHON ATHLETE REGISTRATION

Registration for the 2012 Boston Marathon will re-open on Monday, September 19, 2011 at 10:00AM ET and will continue through Friday, September 23, 2011 at 5:00PM ET.

During this period, any eligible qualifier may submit an application for entry. Please note that entry is not first come, first served.

At the conclusion of this period, those accepted for entry will be notified via email and their names will be posted to the "Entrants" page of this web site. Entry will be based on remaining space and an applicant's qualifying performance.

Due to field size limitations, it is probable that not all qualifiers who submit an entry will be accepted. Those not accepted for entry also will receive an email from the B.A.A. at the conclusion of the application period, and their credit cards will not be processed (though credit cards will be held for authorization through the week of registration.)

The B.A.A. expresses its sincere appreciation to all applicants for the cooperation they have displayed through this new registration process.

Isn't it baa.org? I'll have to check facebook.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Boston Registration

Postby Jwolf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:20 am

It's not open yet... Patience...

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 am

Submission #2015731 now the wait begins!

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 am

and now we wait.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 am

Add me to the waiting list -- this will be a LOOOONNNNGGGGG week!! :shock:
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 am

I hope every Maniac gets in that qualified, no matter how much or little time to spare. :D
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 am

orleansrunner1962 wrote:Add me to the waiting list -- this will be a LOOOONNNNGGGGG week!! :shock:

:-h :ar! :ympray: :ympray:

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 am

I'm registered!

Let the waiting begin!

Fairly easy process. I just kept panicking about inputting correct information. At first I was in a tizzy because I didn't find the GoodLife Toronto Marathon - only the Goodlife Victoria marathon. Then I found it under simply the Toronto marathon!

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Return to “General Running Discussion”