Most Effective Treatment???

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

tayken
Tom Longboat

Most Effective Treatment???

Postby tayken » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:55 am

So, some of you might have read my comments about what happened to me last Sunday at the PEC Marathon. My left quad/hamstring is bugging the hell out of me and with all the stretches and Yoga classes am doing, it doesn't seem to be loosening up.

I had dry needling 4yrs ago before the Goofy challenge and I was all good. From the treatments below, which one do you guys consider to be the most effective for this sort of thing?

►Electrical stimulation for pain relief and muscle strengthening

►Ultrasound

►LASER

►Short Wave Diathermy

►Soft Tissue Treatment

►Taping

►Spinal Traction

►Manual Therapy

►Acupuncture

►Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)

IMS utilizes acupuncture needles to treat pain and dysfunction from a different perspective than traditional acupuncture. In this treatment an injector tube is used with the needles to allow for enhanced accuracy and depth of needle penetration in areas of tissue shortening or thickening. The technique is widely recognized and utilized by physiotherapists and physicians throughout the world.

This approach is based on Dr Chan Gunn’s "radiculopathic model of pain". Effective treatment requires the therapist's ability to recognize the subtle objective signs of neuropathic pain and to localize shortened, sensitive muscular tissues. By stimulating these taut tissues, the treatment creates a tiny 'injury' to the tissue that increases blood flow and causes a relaxation of the area. Benefits include improved sensation, increased muscle function, better movement and a decrease in pain.

►Manual Lymphatic Drainage
On the books for 2017

Winterman 10km - (1st in age group) - Feb 19,
Chilly Half Marathon - Mar 5 (Done)
Around the bay 30k - Mar 26, (Done)
Limestone 1/2 - Apr 30,
Ottawa race weekend Voyager Challenge - May 27-28,
Spring Fling Toronto - June?
World Record Kilt Run Perth - June 24
Foam Fest 5k Ottawa - Jul 22
Pure Protein Night Race - Aug 12
Army Run Vimy Challenge - Sep 17